Transformers 4 And 5 May Film Back-To-Back; LaBeouf Out, Statham In?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by johndoe4880, Oct 17, 2011.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I'm all for more TF films, but i would hope that both Hasbro and Paramount do not rush into this blinded by dollar signs. After all, the fans are what produce those dollar signs, and it is ultimately up to us if the franchise continues to be succesful.

Having said that, I honestly would like to see the films under new direction, with deeper character from the bots, and more bot driven storylines, without sacrificing the intensity and level of action that we have already seen.

It could turn out to be hasbro's greatest success, or their greatest failure!

2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Grain of salt, people. Grain of salt.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course, this is the same Michael Bay who called 3D a gimmick, and said it was too fragile for his type of explosive filmmaking back in April 2009.

4. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

I hope Statham stays out of this, I hate all his films...

5. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

The only thing I care about is get Michael Bay's Ham fisted tasteless frat boy ADD CRAP director ass off this franchise. Anybody. Anybody would be better. Rotf and dotm are unwatchable pieces of shit. Statham? Sure If the movie is good. Bay go away and ruin something else.

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Am I the only one to think Shia's character should have ended at number 2? It seemed to be shoehorned in to me for 3 and verging on the ridiculous.

As for the movie continuum being dead? Seriously? There are still a tonne of kick ass characters that haven't been touched that can be pulled in.....I wanna see big robots kicking the shit out of each other not human characters that have weak story lines just because they were in the previous movies.

Bring it!

7. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nah, it's more microbe of salt. There's no way they'd shoot any Transformers movie back to back, it would be astronomically expensive and would put serious pressure on ILM.

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    reboot please? kinda tired of seeing the current Optimus Prime and Bumblebee designs, they've had 3 movies and over 5 years of of exposure, new designs please.

a list of directors i'd love to see take this project away from Bay: Robert Rodriguez, JJ Abrams, James Cameron, Kevin Smith.

personally i adore Jason Statham's films, he drives cars really well and kicks people. so putting him in a movie where the cars drive themselves and kick each other would be hilarious.

my main gripe with the previous 3 movies is that the Transformers weren't the charactors, they were something for the human cast to react to. a movie or two that focuses on the Transformers as charactors would be nice. after all the movie is called "Transformers" not "The Adventures of Shia Lebeauf"

possible villains: Megatron's been killed twice already, let him stay dead. The fallen's gone and so is Sentinel Prime and Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave. there is a lotta power vaccume at the top of the con ranks. I'd some to see some Inter-Decepticon power struggles, feuding tribes if you will. leave Unicron out. my greatest fear with unicron being involved with the movies is that i can almost guarantee it'll be a human that takes him out. and I dont wanna see Giant Robot Space Satan taken out by Shia lebeouf, he dosent have the Touch or the Power.

Cybertronians on Earth is obviously common knowlage now. address some of that, are Autobots considered US Citizens now? do they need a drivers liscense to transform? do they have equal rights? do they pay taxes? have the remaining decepticons been given a patch of dirt in africa and told to stay there a la District 9?

9. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I don't particularly like the movie aesthetic either, but even if they keep the aesthetic, at least change everyones' altmodes! 5 years of Camero Bumblebees is ridiculous. Even Hasbro has noticed toy sales slip, so hopefully they will change the altmodes, & hopefully explain it.

How many different Movie 'Bees have there been, anyway? Isn't it close to 20 Deluxes now, not counting Cliffjumper repaints/ retools?

10. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let have Bee in it and get ripped apart in the 1st 10mins of the film..

11. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might be really out of the loop... How could they use Statham effectively? I'm sure people have theories. I just haven't heard them.

12. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Just saw Killer Elite. Not very good. Eventhough Jason Statham is typecasting himself as an action star, he's starting to suck at it aka the "Jean Claude Van Damme effect." :D  I SERIOUSLY hope all that is just rumor.

Personally, I prefer the Transformers franchise to either:
    a) Do a complete reboot. Start from scratch.
    b) Continue with the current storyline sans Michael Bay as director.

If they end up doing neither of those, MAY PRIMUS FORGIVE US!

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    And so they are literally gonna run the movies into the ground,I mean come on Hasbro isn't over 3 billion dollars for all 3 movies enough.Honestly if this is true I may just skip movies 4 & 5. And as others say it'll be like beating a dead horse to do two more.

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Statham's just the man for a big dumb ott action movie with lots of cars and gun battles.

15. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Today:" OmG I hAtE dIs MoVIEs BuT i StILl WaStE mY TtImE oN 'eM!!"
    the day tf4/tf5 comes out: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGICANTWAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you keep complaining about the movies, your wasting YOUR own time.

16. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

I highly doubt the studio and Hasbro would agree to a reboot! Hate it or Love it the Transformer movies have made well over $2billion combined. If it works don't fix it, money is all that counts for them.
    I personally love the look and design of the movieverse TF.
    As for Statham, maybe it could work but a different tone would have to be taken with the films.
    Just need better writing, tighter script and better editing. There's plenty of potential with the TF characters but again they seemed to be just used for the action set pieces.
    They are having to compensate TF character screen time with non essential, poor human scenes due to budget constraints. Working in the post-production industry I can tell you that to make a 2h plus film largely based on TF, making them look believable, photorealistic rendering and comping full CG shots would most likely cost just under the earnings of DOTM!

Anyway I read somewhere that Hasbro would like Spielberg (again rumour) to take a stab at directing the franchise which I'd personally like to see if he still decides to be involved.:) 

17. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Wwell

What ever happened to people just NOT watching something. They feel the need to deny others just because THEY don't like something. Its very childish

18. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why not have Lennox as the main character, his home and family life could be interesting and Josh has done well and has gotten little time in all three. So long as they bring back Ironhide I'd be happy!!!

19. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Gimme a break,if they expect us movie goers to go see 4 & 5 they better make some changes or I swear I won't waste my time going to see them,and by changing I mean the following.

New designs especially for Bee and Prime as they are long overdue with the 296th mold for Bee.
    Second is change the freakin' rules about Dinobots,if they can have a Giant Worm destroying skyscrapers why not Robotic Dinosaurs.
    And lastly is "Give other characters like The Wreckers more airtime,Bee and Prime are seen so much its like a Huge Movie dedicated to them,sheesh I am sick of just seeing them mostly"

So that is my two cents on the matter.

20. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    I think a reboot would be awesome! Keep in mind the original story was rich and had depth, If a Director/Writer would pull from the original storyline and make asthetic updates to the vehicle modes and robot modes but keep the original characters and their personas the movies would have done better!

Its like Figuring out the secret to Alchemy and turning gold into lead!