Transformers: 3rd Highest US Gross in 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darkprime, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As of Saturday, August 25, the Transformers Movie has now surpassed Pirates of the Caribbean 3 as the third highest domesitic grossing movie of 2007, currently at $308.6 Million, being beaten only by Shrek 3 at $321 million and Spiderman 3 at $336.5 million. Judging by the number of theaters it remains in (826) and it's recent weekend profits, it's unlikely it will be able to surpass the other movies, but should be able to claim 3rd place for the remainder of the year. Keep in mind, both Shrek and Spiderman were sequels with an established fanbase.

Information was obtained from www.boxofficemojo.com.

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

That's great news!

Although I wonder why Transformers' worldwide gross is disproportionally smaller compared to the other top grossers?

3. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

kick ass, its way better than the other movies mentioned

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    This is true tf2 will diffently be top ten grossed film ever

5. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Harry Potter still has a few weeks to go, it may surpass The TF movie domestically. It already spanked it worldwide.

Not to discredit the Transformers movie, it did awesome, I just wouldn't give it the third place prize yet.

6. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be because of it's graduated release scedual. Most markets didn't get the film until a few weeks ago. I'm hoping the worldwide totals will go up some more. And I wouldn't count the movie done just yet over here. Spidy 3 and PoTC 3 are still playing and they bother were out for over a month before TF. And there is still the IMAX release next month that should help to bump up the total numbers.

7. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

dude, there is no way that HP will make up the deficit... I mean, look how much it is making on a daily basis. Also, the full worldwide for tfs is not back yet and you are comparing it to a film that was released simultaneously all around the world. Finally, TFs has the benefit of a slight resurgence via the imax route. So no, HP is not going to catch it domestically and I am more than confident that TFs will keep at least the thrid place crown.

8. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been looking over the trends and rates for other movies, and I can't see Harry Potter over taking Transformers any more. Harry potter is now getting down to 1-2 million a week in gross sales, and at that rate, will need 10 or more weeks to go to be where transformers are now. Transformers is now at the under 1 million a week mark too and won't grow that much more. Plus factoring in how long they have been in the theaters, very soon both will be at under a couple hundred.

Also, according to boxofficemojo, Pirates, Spiderman, and Shrek have basically been at the same dollar amount for the past month and a half - they won't be changing.

Sure, Transformers is being released to IMAX, but I doubt it will generate that much (few million maybe) and i'm not sure if it will count in the current sales or not.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  10. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems like a lot of us never check out that TF Movie sub-forum. When I used to look at it, there were too many posts that made my head and eyes hurt, so I just stick with the main news forum.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's IMAX release should help a bit too.

Transformed

12. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Huzzah!

13. Rufus Prime

Rufus Prime The Toy Maker

what about when TF hits IMAX at the end of next month? Will that be figured in; or since it is a special release, does it not fit into the domestic $ count?

14. Xython

Xython Thanks forall the fish

News Credits:
    I don't think they aknowledge the domestic IMAX totals with the regular domestic Box Office one ^ ^;

15. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I'm going to be interested in seeing the total numbers once DVD sales enter into the picture

16. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    this is just pure awesomeness.