Transformers #30 SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ORIO, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably my least favorite issue so far. :(  Not that all of them have been great with Chaos, but damn...

We get a summary of the whys and hows from Hardhead who apparently went all "mind-meld" mode with Galvatron in Heart of Darkness.

We find out that D-Void is tricking Galvatron into destroying Cybertron so he can create a portal to the dead universe.

A little bit of Rodimus' connection to the Matrix is built upon. Kind of interesting. I smell foreshadowing for MTMTE.

Cyclonus betrays Galvatron.

I've read fans problems with the art and it being hard to follow but this issue it was extremely hard to follow. Even staring at the panels for extra long I still had no idea what was going on.

The ending is just kind of there... no explanation on exactly what happened or if Prime is dead or alive in another universe. I guess we'll find out next issue!

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Yeah, dialogue at the start of this should have been MANY issues ago, the whole ended reeeks of episode 2 of Headmasters, and after like....what 10 issues building to all this, this is the first time we've ever been told that D-void (Gouf may I never have to type that again) is also the heart of Darkness and is the monster from last issue.

Although for how UTTERLY terrible it all was, I have to imagine a lot of comic artist wait thier whole career to do a SOLID WHITE page.....thats pretty cool.

And the whole "Controlling Cyclonus thing" ... The heck, If there was any controlling by Galvatron it was obviously completly unintentional, for crying out loud he flat out ASKED cyclonus to join him in CODA, and if cyclonus was aware he was being controlled then he should have also realized that Galavtron wasn't doing it..... heck that would have just been minor dialogue changes.

Overall with the now LEGENDARY exception of 21 & 22, ongoing has been a pretty big waste of time. I always stop myself from saying things like that about the work of other writers, but this has been just pretty bad. and I'm really looking forward to the new directions given by the 2 replacment books.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm about to drop the book, I found the Botcon comic with the stunticons(which I finally got today) to be far more fun and interesting. I'd rather read more animated stories than the IDW universe.

4. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yea this issue was underwhelming.

On my first read I thought WTF? On a second read however it looks like Optimus is in the Dead Universe, which the Matrix has brought to life.

5. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I look forward to the two new books too. I hope that we're going to see more story telling along the lines of 21 & 22

6. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    well I really enjoyed this issue, against all expectations. I like what seems to have been done with Prime to 'take him out of the picture' (rather than just offing him again) and look forward to how the next issue sets this up. probably the first genuine cliffhanger ending the ongoing has pulled off.

7. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very disappointed with this issue... Was hoping they'd build up to a good conclusion, but they just hashed it together. The massive info dump at the beginning was painful to read, and really highlighted that this entire arc was at least two issue too short. The epic fight with Megatron was way too short, and the defeat of Galvatron was ridiculous.

Just waiting for the next issue now, so I can get the whole arc over and done with and move on to something new.

8. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And this gentlemen is why I won't buy an IDW Transformer book. It teases you with a great idea and even had a few good issues but ultimately it ends up being nothing more that bad fanfiction, and in this case accompanied by bad art.

9. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Hey, every book by Roberts has been WONDERFUL. And by all reports every thing by Barber's been quite good as well.

I can understand disliking Costa's mess and all but there's no reason to paint everything by the publisher with the brush of their worst writers.

There are two really good writers taking over very very soon. Don't let the bad writers of the past make you miss out on the good stuff coming.

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think the art is all bad. But maybe the inks and colors are too dark. Too much red and black I think?

11. kamin

kamin All hail Starscream

God I know. I was having such hard time following the story! wtf??!! I expected so much from this 'final' *dun dun dun * episode. tsk tsk. what a shame.
    and what the heck happened to Meg? I saw him going all usual Megatron way by screaming
    I AM MEGATROOONN!! but...then nothing. what happened!!!!!!!

12. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd totally agree. I think Livio's art has got a very cool, stylized look, but at times, the dark colors kill it.

13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Not a bad issue. Certainly entertaining fight between Megatron and the Deceptigod. Good to hear that Megatron was fighting his influence all along.

Fun stuff about Cyclonus, now that's staying true to his character from way back in his Spotlight.

As for all the people asking what happened to Megatron or Prime; relax. They'll show us in the next issue. As well as what happened to the Decepticons forming the big creature.

One of my biggest gripes is that Thundercracker did not play a role in either story.

14. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

That was abysmal.

The info dump at the beginning...and then the actual phrase "info dump"...that had to intentional. if not...wow.
    "It's D-Void. There's a hyphen in there somewhere"
    That whole bit at the beginning felt like the author was openly mocking it.

And exactly how much punishment can Galvatron take? A damn SHIP landed on him and he didn't have a scratch.

15. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reread this on my lunch break. It was a little better the second time. But as I mentioned earlier about the colors in the book, there are some panels that are just completely washed with blue. Just looks weak. Did Livio do the colors too?

Megs fight with the Decepti-lord made more sense this time. I noticed a very tiny Megs in his hand at one point and that cleared a lot up

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Page 20

Dammit.

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    IDW continues to showcase how much they really don't care about this license. I'm really believing the reason we continue to buy it isn't because it's good - we just like to see how much they can destroy a franchise.

How come Furman is pulled and yet Costa is continued to write Transformers in to a dark, scary place that feels like it's one panel away from turning in to bad slash fiction?

18. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kinda feel that them delving back into the dead universe was kinda lazy. So many other directions they could've gone

19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I would really like them to showcase other Transformers from previous series, Headmasters, Pretenders, Powermasters etc. So many to choose from!

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been enjoying the last story on Earth quite a bit, maybe it's because I hate Spike so much I'm intrigued to see where it all leads, Chaos, I'm put off by the artwork and colours, as art, yeah it works, as a comic, it's too difficult to tell who is who and what's going on.