Transformers 3 Xbox 360 Game Demo Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 30, 2011.

1. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I would have to somewhat agree with this. The fact that they its not co-op or a switchable character base means that there is really no replay value. Unless if there is more going to be added, this game might be rental territory. The mechanics and animations do look better, but the environment look a little flat. They should have just called it WFC 1.5 because it looks like a test bed for WFC2. Even the sound library used is borderline identical. I think it will be decent at best, unless if the story is on EPIC status.

2. korean_taco

korean_taco Will tattoo for toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, the Detroit setting looks exactly like it does in real life. Wonder what the 'cons are gonna do to it. haha ;) 

3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    As soon as I saw the gameplay, I knew it was using WfC engine. Seems that Engine might be the one thing we'll be seeing in most TF games from now on.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still can't figure out why you can't switch characters like WFC. That means no team co-op which was really fun in WFC. This must be another division of High Moon.

5. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Well, at least all the high-moon developed ones. if they have to put out one new TF game each year the'll necessarily stick to the formula they know works instead of experiment.

Either means the missions are really dependent on specific character abilities or they lacked time to author enough characters to have a different team per mission (which either means more missions or less characters).

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's level looked silly. You run out into the middle of a field and get blasted from all sides? No thanks. Hopefully I can play all the levels like WFC and take a position behind cover. Looked like Ironhide's level was more like that.

Also, I wonder about the controls for vehicle forms. They aren't going to be floaty maneuverable objects this time around.

7. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

sideswipe! YES

8. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

On the contrary, from the way they move in the video they're gonna control exactly like the WfC ones.

9. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

already the critics are attacking everything they can

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This game is so much like WFC it's not even funny...Ah well, if it 'aint broke don't fix it.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, the videos have shown that everybody has a hovering mode just like WFC.

RotF controls or bust.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ya know, i'd have to agree. i'm not blown away or even all THAT excited after seeing the gameplay here. looks kinda boring. and i know they're pimping the whole "build a level around a certain character" and while i can *see* how that sounds good, like you mentioned, brings the replay factor down to zero. there's no options anymore. i'm stuck playing as bumblebee for the whole level even when i hate bumblebee or like another character more. i'll suffer through it but it seems more of a hindrance than anything to boast about [and the lack of any online co-op doesnt help too]

but then that all kinda hinges on the story and the set pieces they have planned for the game too. if they do some radical cool stuff [like the Omega Supreme/Trypticon centered levels in WFC] then i just might be surprised!

i'll be getting this day one, no doubts there, but im not really seeing anything new other than different skins [and less options!]

uh...no?

stop trolling. Its perfectly fine to form opinions around something touted as new and awesome when really its almost exactly the same as something from a year or two ago. its not like we're expressing criticism cuz we have some kind of anti-TF video game vendetta or cuz its the "kewl thang bro"

hopefully they're hiding some good surprises but so far it doesnt really seem like anything special

[not that i'm not gonna love it and have a good time playing it! but WFC was a good game. I was hoping they'd take that formula, use it, and EXPAND on it. so far my hopes feel kinda dashed]

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Word.

Where transformation had an actual purpose in combat.

Reread his post, it's not attacking, he's giving his honest opinion.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It kind of looks like a update of the first movie transformers game... but it could just be I'm pissed off that its not coming out on pc... >=|
    But it doesn't look as fun as the ROTF game, I use to play it all the time after all, but again.... It could just be those levels were not the best ones... ;) 
    Its just feels weird to see Movieverse mix with WFC in some sense.

Also the demo guy annoys me (I am not talking about Sean Miller).... Gamespot turned in to shit a long time ago, but I thought it wasn't that bad.

15. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    WFC with movies. Awesome. Gonna go preorder today soon.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Im sorry if my opinions upset you, but after paying full price for WFC I'm hesitant to do so for another High Moon game that for as little as makes no difference so far is a change of scenery with the co-op removed.

17. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You DO know that wasn't the entire level, right?

Not a bad look at the basic gameplay, though the guy interviewing just had to go the "All critics hated RotF" route with those "Don't tell me any of those obnoxious little ones are in this" and "You play as the ones we actually like, right?" comments.

18. SweetParanoia

SweetParanoia Member

Gosh the WFC system sucks, miss the old system with the close-combat-combo attacks

19. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Character-specific missions? No thanks.

20. Starscream217

Starscream217 You will address me as LORD Starscream...

Looks very fun, abit disapointed that you can't pick ur favourite character for each mission. But that wont probably be blocked in my way, i enjoyed the prievous 2 games alot and i think rotf was the best out of the 2 so far. With this new game coming out, i'm super excited! and the fact it is a prologue to the actual movie is a great idea.