Transformers 3 toy line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 3, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

we vall know the toys will come out sooner or later but what new ideas do you think they'll use and i they all end up being repaints of the rotf line will you still buy it?

2. pokemonrox1000

pokemonrox1000 Active Member

well,im expecting a chromia again,beacuase flareup,or watever u wanna call her(plz dont replie talking about her proper name and junk)and arcee were both killed but chromia survived,and mayhaps a new weapon for prime?and they new prime mold is here to stay if they realease it in us definastly,maybe a slightly remolded ironhide of new decepticon mold since most of the new ones died

3. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    A whole bunch more of useless Bumblebee figures

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Elita 1.

Anyway I expect the usual fan reaction to the toyline. Lots of people that consider themselves purists denouncing it and saying they won't get any of it, they buying the first really good homage figure done in a movie style and trying to talk it out of actually being a movie toy.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    her toy is comnig in augsut udner the name elita-1

6. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Actually, Bay has stated that all three of the "Arcees" died...

Personally, here's what I'm expecting based on the first two lines:

- Two "preview" figures. Movie 1 had the most popular Autobot (Optimus Prime) and second most popular Decepticon (Starscream). Movie 2 had the second most popular Autobot (Bumblebee) and the third most popular Decepticon (Soundwave). Movie three will most likely have the third most popular Autobot, and fourth most popular Decepticon.

- The deluxe Ratchet and Ironhide molds will most likely be re-released. (Ratchet at least will get a new deco, possibly Ironhide as well.)

- There will be a new Deluxe Bumblebee tooling based on the "changes" they've supposedly made to his design. They'll likely use the "Battle Blade" Bumblebee as a base.

- Megatron will get at least one new mold. (I suspect like Optimus, they'll finally "perfect" his design for a far more movie-accurate sculpt.)

- The deluxe Soundwave and voyager Starscream molds will be re-released, possibly in new decos.

- Depending on his role in the film, Soundwave may receive an Earth-mode figure.

- The Leader class Starscream figure may see re-release, potentially in a new deco.

-
    Shockwave
    will most likely get at least a voyager class figure, and depending on his role in the film may also be represented in other size classes. (Potentially Leader.)*

* = This is of course, unless they pull the same crap they did with Soundwave, who was heavily hyped yet only appeared for a few short scenes and only received a single deluxe figure (not counting repaints).

- Some of the ROTF molds will see store exclusive releases in new decos.

- There will be toyline-only characters/molds.

Basically... more of the same. :thumbs2: 

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    So true....

Bb, prime, megs, ss, soundwavee, ratchet so pretty much every figures from the first 2 movies...

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm really hoping Soundwave gets a different alt mode in TF3 and a new deluxe figure is released to reflect that.

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Delxues.

Ferrari will release in first or second non preview wave. Expect mismatching reds, strong likelyhood of some non-screen accuracy.

Bumblebee. New deco, new front, rehashed Battle Blade BB.

Sideswide: Retooled, Roofless, Sidearm Sideswipe

Ratchet: Repaint of Deluxe mold. Possibly new accessories, or slight retool.

Ironhide: Minor deluxe retool: Drone accessory probably wont return

Voyager: Battle Blades Prime, possibly this time with hooks. Maybe a more detailed paintjob.

Human Alliance: BB, two hands, new deco... possibly not with Sam, but new female lead, in attempt to tie her into 'well established' character.

Ferrari: Several months after Delxue release. More accure to screen animation overall, but lack of detail for scale.

Sideswipe: Retool of HA mold. Hopefully with hood that actually folds.

Leader: Retooled Prime, Starscream, Hopefully a significantly retooled Megatron, if not an entirely new mold. Possibly Shockwave as well

Voyagers: Repaint, possible retool, of Megatron. Shockwave. Perhaps Soundwave.... if he does take the shelved 'monster truck' earth form, lower presence of Ironhide in this size class may make room for such a toy.

Other characters:

Jolt: Possible second repaint, retooled, or even mostly new mold at Deluxe class.
    HA version not impossible if more screen time.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The characters confirmed for an appearance in the movie are:

Optimus Prime:
    Possible toys:
    A new voyager class mold to reflect his new "more heroic" appearance.
    A new leader class mold to reflect his new "more heroic" appearance.
    Possibly an FAB if they decide to keep going with that
    Possibly a new Activator or repaints.

Bumblebee:
    A brand new Deluxe Class mold to reflect his "more mature" appearance.
    Dozens of repaints of that new mold.
    Activator repaints.

Ratchet:
    Deluxe Class Re-deco for his new colors.
    Voyager Class Re-deco for his new colors.

Ironhide:
    Possibly just rereleases. Nothing new on the truck so far.

Skids:
    A repaint in black with green highlights to reflect the new deco.

Mudflap:
    A remold of the original toy to resemble a Chevy Spark. This is to distinguish him from Skids by having a different transformation.

Silverbolt
    :
    Possibly a voyager class toy, maybe even a leader!

"Ferrari 458 Italia" Autobot
    :
    A deluxe class toy and possibly HA.

Megatron:
    Possibly a new mold if he looks vastly different. If he is just a tank again, he'll have face damage from when he was shot in ROTF. Voyager or Leader toys are both valid.

Starscream:
    Possibly a new mold, but more likely a redeco or rerelease with minor remolding. The Voyager should get a slight remold to fix the way the hands don't fold up.

Shockwave
    :
    At least a voyager sized toy.

Non-movie characters:

Hasbro will always make these, but it's always hard to predict ones that aren't repaints, so I'll just start with repaints.

Voyager Lugnut repaint: Atomic Lugnut.
    Voyager Mixmaster repaint: Autobot Quickmix.
    Voyager Incinerator repaint: Springer.
    Deluxe Sideswipe repaints: Sunstreaker (seriously, why hasn't this happened yet?!), Blurr (I think the mold suits him!), Tracks (Corvette alt-mode!).
    Deluxe Soundwave repaint: Blaster (head remold.)
    Legends Ravage repaint: Steeljaw (to go along with Blaster, possible remold for a "mane".)
    Deluxe Rampage repaint: "Crusher Rampage" (G1 style deco).

11. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ah cant wait to see even more voyager ratchet repaints, shelves need warming

12. pokemonrox1000

ok first of all wats with all the people repling to my comment?dont yall read lol,seconed of all shockwave is the main villain so i mean of course they will giv him a voyager and make him like 50 feet tall,silverbolt is in and i beilieve he is the leader of G1 superion?or atleast one of the airealbots so maybe a repaint of or re-realease of ROTF/energon superion and if superion is in it the bruticus will have to be!hmmmmmm,definatly some shelf warmers those things will be roasting!

13. pokemonrox1000

yea its gonna be like an oven!!!

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It's obvious we're going to get new figures of Bumblebee, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, and maybe the Twins, since they've had their designs and/or color schemes changed in TF3.

15. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Pretty much everyone in this thread have hit the nail on the head, but I'm really hoping for a better Leader Megatron, tbh.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "I can't deal with that right now."

i don't really want to. the only speculation about TF3 I am remotely interested in, is the look of Shockwave.
    i am not against a Cybertronian villain, i just don't want an ugly mess (...you fail me yet again, Megatron) or a floppy unrecognizable mess (you fell so hard, Fallen).

aside from that, i just want to enjoy the bundles from my PoL and the stuff that is visible on the horizon.

17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I will be very surprised if we don't get completely new Ironhide and Ratchet voyager figures. The deluxes seem like Hasbro was testing the waters for what they could do with the new figures.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My hope is that we won't see anymore repaints from the 2007 line. There was already a big improvement in engineering between Movie 1 and RotF.

Considering that most of the Autobots got a redesign, HasTak already has its work cut out for it keeping up. I expect a lot of the "filler" non-movie characters will be RotF/HftD repaints...maybe even ALL of them until later waves.

Actually, I think it would be quite reasonable to do a minor repaint and remold on the existing Leader Prime. Save the effort for Megatron, Shockwave, and Silverbolt!

19. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will have alot of repaints of the returning characters like this movie did. Of course we'll have the new ones like Shockwave, the Ferrari, Silverbolt and whatever new characters are in it. I can't wait for the new characters because I just don't like what they are putting out right now.

20. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    The one thing I really hope for this line, is that Hasbro does away with that stupid "release date" thing. It's ludicrous, supposed to help "everyone" sell them on the same date, yet all over north america people break this date either way. It's not like it's a video game or movie. Stupidest thing i've ever heard of.