Transformers 3 speculation concerning GMC bankruptsy...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by webz, Jun 8, 2009.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Now that General Motors is Government Motors, and many insiders still think it'll fail, Where does that leave the TF3 movie?

Prime is safe, being a Peterbuilt. Let's look at where things will go for TF3 (some humor in here, too). With no GM, and international appeal of TF, it's only fair that VW take over the TF car license.

Bumblebee - Well, Volkswagen finally gives their blessing and we get classic Bumblebee. VW has hinted at this idea with their recent "Talking bug" commercials.

Ironhide - The classic VW hippie van. Ohhhhh yeah.

Ratchet - VW touareg.

Sideswipe - red Porche carrera.

Decepticons:

Since the military has stopped production of the F-22 Raptor, Starscream will take the form of a G5 Gulfstream. Nothing says villainy more than the plane of choice among Wall Street execs.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    VW isn't going to allow the use of their vehicles.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    GM are still going strong, and VW can't being they vechiles because of the "war toy" thing.

4. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well what about the Twins and Jolt? I heard that the Volt will be canceled but idk if it has been confirmed or denied. The Twins would have to find small SUV's to be to kind of signify their "growing up" going into TF3. Or least I HOPE that they show some maturity improvement. And hopefully the newcomers will be European and Japanese cars. (Full global scale battle I guess...)

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I hear they're doing some pretty amazing things with CGI these days.

6. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

The Volt is not being cancelled. GM is pinning their survival on it.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Not even slightly gm is in the shitter right now its the complete opposite of "Still going strong" which sucks. But we got ford I am guessing for tf 3 since they are the only car company not dealing with bankrupcty(wheeljack=mustang HELZ YEAH!!)

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Every single time I see a post about TFs licensing from Volkswagon I can't help but facepalm: it's been known for YEARS that VW wants absolutely nothing to do with Transfromers. The same with Porche. European car companies are douches when it comes to that whole "war toys" thing.

Besides, I think a real life Bumblebee looks better as a Camaro anyway. A VW Beetle just wouldn't fit the character of movie Bumblebee.

Anyway, as horrible as GM's current condition is they're still going to be around. I'm willing to bet that the returning Autobots will keep their current alt modes. And there's always the possibility that Ford and some Japanese companies could throw their licenses in as well.

As for the military, even if they've stop production of the F-22 I seriously doubt they're all going to be grounded any time soon, especially since they haven't developed a successor jet yet. Besides, having Starscream as a Gulfstream makes no sense: Starscream has ALWAYS been a FIGHTER jet (whether it be an F-15 or F-22). If you're going to introduce an elite passenger carrier like the Gulfstream, make it some other 'Con.

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    jeebus you people can't read. My post says "HUMOR". I KNOW VW is anti-TF. But as the world's largest car manufacturer now that GM is defunct, VW should step up.

They were talking on the radio over the weekend that VW is now the world's largest vehicle manufacturer (they blow away Ford internationally). I was thinking about how TF would change if VW took the Hasbro/Paramount payout for licensing. I think it would be funny.

10. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

OMG why VW's

Who would go watch a movie with the autobots only as VW's. they arnt the nicest looking cars (altho i use to drive a passat for 2 years)

they could use cars from alot of brands why only VW.

Ferrari
    Lamborgenhi
    audi
    bmw
    Mercedes

maybe even the odd jap car like a mitsibishi evolution or a subaru imprezza wrx.

11. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Except that Volkswagen actually owns Audi (and as of last month, Porsche and Volkswagen merged), and there's an Audi R8 in the new movie...

12. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

Well, that really says something. I really hope we don't go all foreig. I like the sleek look these guys are getting.

13. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With GMC going Bankrupt we can assume paramount or Bay will buy out a ton of the cars like the left over topkicks for ironhide, and rescue hummers for ratchet and so on. Then for next movie we can have a couple of european cars finally.

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Just because a company is filing for bankruptcy doesn't mean it will go out of business. They are trying to reorganize, and probably get rid of some of their debts to stay afloat. GM will reorganise. They have to considering that union members make $80/hr with benefits. They need to trim costs, but they aren't going anywhere. Ratchet might be in trouble, or he might have to start speaking Mandarin in the next one, as some Chinese company wants to buy Hummer.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    And if you've looked at any of the Sideways toys, his vehicle mode has been altered because VW STILL won't let Hasbro license their vehicles for "war-toys".

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    For fears of this getting too political, I won't go into details, but GM is only kept afloat right now because of the union. The union caused the mess, and also happens to be a MAJOR political force, so they were bailed out. As soon as there is an alternative and the economy picks up, I'll bet you Prowl's left cast-iron manifold that the Obama Admin tells GMC "hasta la vista, baby" (or whatever the arabic equivalent is).

As for VW not giving TF the okay, I bet if Paramount offers the right incentive, the Germans will jump on the idea, after all, Germany's economy makes what is happening in the USA look like the 80's boom.

Also, Lamborghini is owned by Audi (and therefore, VW)... as I said, the only real international option after GMC is VW. Ford, Honda, Toyota, etc don't have the international clout.

But anyway, if there is a mod out there that can close this thread, I'd be much appreciative, since the humor was ignored, the responses were ludicrous, and it just isn't fun.

17. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    chapter 11 bankruptcy is not the death of a company, it is a bailout policy that forces them to restrict their actions and cut back on everything. a do-over. GM is not bankrupt in the sense of "we have no money", they are bankrupt in the sense of "we have debts we can't cover but will find a way to continue"
    lrn2economics

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    The Rules -2005 Staff

19. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

In the first movie, Saleen licensed the Mustang instead of Ford, is it the same case with the Audi R8, where an after-market company has licensing rights as well and licensed the R8 to TF2? Because I'm not sure how they can use the R8, even if it is slightly tweaked, if they don't have licensing from somebody.

I tried looking for any info online, but haven't come up with any results.

20. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

the cars are staying, they only need 1 original model and the rest can be fake ones that are use for stunts and crashes...