Transformers 3' Script Complete

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Echo7Solo, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Hopefully, TF3 will be better than TF2. I'm happy that the writers put a lot of thought into this movie. It's good that they've used a lot of material from the transformers cartoon from the 80's.

What they need to do is not give so much air time to the USA military. In TF2, I was like WTF? The armed forces received more air time than the robots. The movie is titled "Transformers" not "The United States Military".

2. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's something that's deeply perplexing me. In the allegedly fake leaked TF3 script, one of the central plot themes is that the Transformers are sent back into time. Now when I read that Josh said that this movie will go into the "history" of the Transformers, it sounds like he's alluding the time travel plot theme. Also, Michael Bay himself said that the movie will be much different from the first two, and it will focus more on the characters. And I must say, that sounds eerily similar to the tone of the leaked script.

Also, when Josh said this "They didn't really make anything up. They're using stuff that actually existed in the story from before."
    In the TF3 leaked script, the Hoover Damn plays another role, as does the Sun Harvester, which the Aerial bots are sent to destroy. Lastly, the fact that Sams great great grandad didn't bump into Megatron on accident, and Sam learns from his grandfather that his GGGF wasn't crazy after all.

I would agree that the leaked script is way to fan friendly though. Rumble, Frenzy, Aerialbots, Bruticus, Starscream reforatting into a F-15 Jet etc. This signifies a total submission to the core fanbase, something that the suits have never done before. Soon enough the flood gates will open. Before TF1 we actually got a 90% accurate leaked script, the coloring books gave us almost everything about ROTF. So it will be interesting to see what source will spill the goodies for TF3.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Between all tie in stuff that will be out before the movie we are going to know just about everything before we can see the movie. Sort of like the Megatron figure that killed the misinformation about Megatron not being in Revenge of the Fallen. If they fix the leaks in one spot they are just going to have leaks somewhere else spilling just about everything important.

4. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay said where they are shooting. unless its a second unit director (which I think Bay still would be on location) he didn't say they are shooting in Nevada

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That is not at all how it works. Let me run down how all this works.

1-The movie is greenlit. Speilberg (is he still involved at all?) makes a list of things he wants to see in the movie. Action sequences, charcters, etc. This goes on to Bay.

2-Bay gets this list, makes a few additions ('SPLOSIONS) and changes (which are approved by the Producers, of course). He passes this on to the writer.

3-The writer gets this list and makes an outline for the story, incorperating all these aspects the best he can. This is taken to Hasbro and more things are worked out and changed.

4-From there, the writer begins working on drafts. He might send pages in at a time, or he might finish the whole thing first before review. They are reviewed by producers and Bay and returned with notes including new ideas, comments about things that aren't working, etc.

5-Finally, after several passes (pretty rare that it happens in one), the script is reworked one last time into the "shooting script" meaning what is used when filming the movie. Additional changes may occur on the day or in post preduction but the final story is what appears on this script.

Now, when there were more than one writer, there was much more discussion and much more work before they wrote anything. With a single writer, I think there is more potential for a solid story. We will have to see how Bay influences the story.

There are not multiple different scripts that the producers choose from, there is one, single script that is constantly changing. The question comes down to when the nine months began, at step 3 or step 4?

6. ganymede2010

News Credits:
    Agreed, the shooting locations don't match the script. However that Hoover Damn scene would be CGI anyway since it's being destroyed by Starscream.

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I disagree. I don't think there was a lot of the military - in fact, I wanted to see more of NEST (and more of the Autobots that are a part of NEST).

TF2 was pretty much all Sam, Mikaela, Leo and Simmons, and Skids and Mudflap once Prime was killed.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i hope see daniel and more crazy autobots twins in tf3

9. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I just want to see more giant robotic balls..

10. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I would like to see Optimus Prime jump over a pit of Sharkticons!

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    To be fair, the script wasn't by the writers, but allegedly given to them by some Hasbro employees. Yeah it's too much fanservice, but do you really expect toy makers to know how to make a decent blockbuster?

And yes, they said it was confirmed fake, but chances are that it might not and they are using bits and pieces of the script to the actual TF3 script and Bay is just using some "misinformation" to throw us off a bit. Makes sense seeing how some of the elements are suspiciously similar to the actual info we got. Not saying that the script we saw was 100% legit, just saying that we shouldn't rule it out completely either.

12. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

If that leaked TF3 script is for real, I will quit the fandom forever and sell all my TFs.

13. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Is it possible for me to get a copy of this leaked script?

14. ganymede2010

News Credits:
    I PM'd you the link.

15. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Amen! QFT

16. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You would be better off just cutting out the middle man and put rubbing alcohol in your eyes. Save time and its about the same effect. I mean, dear GOD, if you think ROTF is bad...

This script nearly made the Happening seem competent!

17. Midnight Scream

Midnight Scream Megatrons girl

Whoo!! Can't wait man.

18. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Cool story :)  I didn't read it word for word but I get it...If it has any truth behind it cool, if 100% fake I enjoyed reading it.

19. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    It sounds promising, but promises can be broken you know...

20. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Was it really necessary to ask about the Dinobots YET AGAIN??? Let it go people! Jebus :p