Transformers 3' Script Complete

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Echo7Solo, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo New Member

'Transformers 3' Script Complete, Features New Robots And Core Mythology - Movie News Story | MTV Movie News

story via MTV news

With "Transformers 3" set to begin filming this May with an eye toward a July 2011 opening, MTV News has learned that a script has been completed and that it features elements from the franchise's core mythology, which stretches back to the early '80s toy line and TV show.

The news comes from franchise co-star Josh Duhamel, who chatted with us at ShoWest in Las Vegas on Thursday. "I read it yesterday," he said of the script. "I think that after reading it, I was really pleasantly surprised and happy. They did a great job."

While Duhamel was understandably tight-lipped about plot details, he did reveal that the script includes new robots and story elements from foundational "Transformers" story lines. "Some really cool stuff happens," he said. "They put a lot of time and thought into this. What I think is really cool is they went back into the history of 'Transformers.' They didn't really make anything up. They're using stuff that actually existed in the story from before."

Duhamel's comments confirm what Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner told MTV News earlier this year. "You're going to see that great core mythology brought to the fore, and Michael [Bay] is hard at work at making this a reality and we're very excited about it," he said.

Does that mean we might catch a glimpse of the Dinobots, those classic robots who morph into dinosaurs? Duhamel paused when asked that question before admitting, "I can't tell you."

He could tell us that after reading the script, he's got his fingers crossed for some more screen time in this third installment of the franchise. "It all depends on what happens in the editing room," he said. "I hope so. I think I've got to butter up Michael Bay a little bit more."

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    sweet.

3. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Sounds promising.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

More fuel to the TF3-86 movie speculation.

Though it's probably nothing, that did kind of strike me as an odd reaction to the question.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    May '09 to March '10.

They spent 9 months fleshing out the script.

:/

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Like what he has to say, hope it's an accurate representation of what's coming up.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Look fellas, what does a mainstream actor know about our guys? I can't really make any assumptions at this time, other than its obvious MTV, Hasbro, and SuperheroHype are starting their whoring-campaign for the mainstream actors. They're also trying to beef up the film like last time.

K'done.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    sweet i cant wait

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

^^ Just a tad defensive there, Copperface?

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    ^^^ Heehee, you know it! I'm just saying - its like when Bay was going "Oh, its going to be bigger and awesomer with all these rob-

Oh, never mind. I just know Bay won't be able to please all of us.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Well it better be a god damn good script.

12. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I like the movies, but I have to admit that story-wise they suck.

I have no hope on the script. I just wait for a cool kick-ass movie with tons of action. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if the third movie will show Cybertron. But maybe they will tell the origin of the robots.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Always tough to know with interviews if someone is giving you their straight up feelings or just covering the talking points they were given. Since there were a fair number of people who didn't like the writing on Revenge of the Fallen I'm guessing we are going to have several interviews between now and the release about how the writing is so much better since that's what we want to hear.

Still it would be really nice if the third movie does have some great writing and great characters. It's not like they don't have some fairly good characters already if they focused more on the good characters they have and less on the comedy or plot points to nowhere characters.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    If I can knock up a girl and she can spit out a baby in that amount of time I'd say that's more than enough time to write a script.

16. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know I don't care even it does suck. I'm just looking for a movie with explosions, cool cars ,and awesome giant robots.

I love Retarded movie anyway BRING IT BAY!!!!

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    No he won't. :p 

:lol  You'd figure that after two shitty movies some of the fandom would have gotten the point that, IMO, the live-action movies aren't necessarily a good idea. But as I've said time and time again, I might be proven wrong and eat crow when the movie comes out.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Quoted for epic truth.

Also, with only one writer, the writing may flow better, versus the Orci Kurtzman duo, where they likely have to compare and agree before putting a scene together. in addition, people on here have written fanscripts in far less time than that, and some of them have been pretty good.

Here's hoping Kruger truely is a TF fan, and has written the movie thusly.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He says they put a lot of time and thought into this, as if it was expected to be otherwise. "This is nothing like Revenge of the Fallen, which was written on a napkin while waiting for their food at Denny's. This one was typed and everything!"

But I do hope he gets some decent screentime, being one of the best human characters IMO.

20. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

for some reason a 3rd movie of anything usually ruins a good series. i think that explains it. dinobots in a live action movie? they better have a good fuggin explanation for it or this is the core thing thats going to completely ruin it for me. they were fun in the cartoon when i was like 7 but in a live action movie!?