TRANSFORMERS 3 - remake the Animated Movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mattamus Prime, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Mattamus Prime

Mattamus Prime Well-Known Member

You would have to change some things... obviously lots of things, but if you take the concept and go with it... you could really make TF #3 a remake or very close to a remake of the animated movie. Basically... it's a good platform for the 3rd movie. Or template if you will.

AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! I think:) 

You would get to introduce most of the robots we care about. Plus a whole bunch right off the bat.
    You could start with Autobot city isolated somewhere on the planet earth (it would have to be now known that these robots do exist, they can be given their own isolated territory, Island, Desert, Volcano, whatever).
    Decepticons based on Mars and maybe earth as well... but start the movie just like the animated. Oh... but take out Daniel. Just make Spike a little older.

Unicron taking out a small moon inhabited by a bunch of lifeforms unlike transformers or humans. Then cut to decepticons ambushing the autobots shuttle as it lands... maybe Cosmos? Huge Cosmos... or Sky Links!

Decepticons attacking Autobot city with all they've got.... new Constructicons attack the Autobot city. (maybe we learn that any constructions can form a "Devastator" as long as a certain bot (maybe the head or something) is involved. So there are lots of contructicons but only one leader that unites them all???? Ehhh??? I like that idea.

Anyway... other than taking out the dinobots probably.. you could pretty much remake the animated movie and it would be great!

JUNKION!!!! SWEET!

Then go from the there... Prime and Megs duke it out... Prime has to pass leadership (even though I know the matrix of leadership idea is already done and gone now in the movie universe). They'd have to twist it a bit to make it fit but my point IS:

Use the animated movie as the platform for the next film... It could fit perfect into the movies we've already seen.

Autobots established on earth.. always under attack by decepticons.

Unicron threatening Cybertron and Earth.

Big huge battles... bla bla bla.

Autobots win.

You'd see Cybertron, all kinds of new bots, lots of robots dying... the REAL death of Prime. Megatron turning to Galvtron, Sweeps, Cyclonis!!!

Anyone care to share their thoughts? I watched the movie last night and thought... man... they could totally fit this in to the movie universe. The'd just have to rewrite it.

2. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No as Hasbro have to sell more new figures and to kill off bumblee and prime
    prob there no 1 selling toy at the moment..

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Pizza is the best.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    na....the original movie did terrible at box office, why would a live action version change that? and besides they aren't going to kill off prime if they don't revive him later on in the movie cause kids will cry and parents will be upset, like in 1986......so no, give us something new

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Uh....no, I fail to see how that works. How the HELL are the Autobots going to build a fully mechanized city on Earth? After the events of ROTF, I don't think the majority of the human race is gonna be to open to that idea.

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    No thanks. New stuff please. :) 

7. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    actually i love this idea, get rid of Optimus and show me some good old Rodimus Prime love!! i know that in the ROTF comic adaptatino Optimus said "Primes arent made their born" but that line didnt make it into the movie so however they have to do it to introduce Rodimus im fine with. kill Prime, dont kill him, i dont care i just want Rodimus and i think using the '86 movie as a template is an awesome idea. A+ my friend!

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Animated movie was bad enough. So no.
    Plus we've had the Optimus dying thing in ROTF, we don't need it AGAIN.

9. Mattamus Prime

I was thinking like 10 years in the future. the city doesn't have to totally mechanized... they just need a base. 10 years is plenty of time to build a base.

I think the human race should be greatful that the Autobots are here to make sure the decepticons aren't a threat. They can be world wide peacekeepers in all things decepticons.

10. Mattamus Prime

Come on!:)  Do you really think that after 1 and 2 that 3 wouldn't do weel at the box office... regardless???

The original movie did shitty at the box office sure but we all own it have seen it a million times and fit it right in to the G1 cartoons as a longer more fun episode. At least I do:) 

I think it would be totally new. You can intorduce so many more autobots right of the bat. Ultramagnus, what is left of Arcee, Springer, Rodimus, plus our old favorites. You could reintroduce Devestator. CYBERTRON!!!

"I'm not saying make it an exact remake... just use it as a template."

I just LOVED the beginning of the Animated and was like... " they could totally do this!"

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    10 year jump is way to far, then they'll need new actors to play the characters cause shia and megan are too young for that.....and besides if a race of giant f'in robots came here, i think there will be fear, cause if one group of robots is evil, couldn't the other be too?

12. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cool story bro

13. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

this would be cool, but I dont want optimus dying again, and throw Primus in there too, to fight off Unicron, there should be a whole race of planet-formers

14. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

hahahahahahaha.........no

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Go read AHM #12, then get back to me on that. Seriously, you need to see the situation from a more general asthetic: As far as most of the human race is concerned, a bunch of giant robots just showed up from space and started killing off lots of people. For those in the know, that's only the Decepticons, but for most people, they don't know the difference between Autobot or Decepticon, and even though some of them have visible Faction symbols (BB's Autobot brand on his forehead), the Autobot Symbol is no different from the Decepticon symbol.

16. Obiprime

Obiprime Member

No No No remake of the movie. Sure Unicron would be awesome but after seeing it a million times id say make a New Movie altogether.

17. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Erm, yeah, "How about no?" Altogether to the idea of a "Template Remake" of the 1986 movie? Let's keep moving forward into the future with some other ideas for TF3.

18. Mattamus Prime

Boy I'm glad I didn't poll this one.

Okay... Sounds like nobody likes this idea but me:-(

and one other person.

19. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

20. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

Hell no. I loved TFTM as a kid, but realistically, it's the weakest Transformers movie offering...seriously. Like it or not, Transformers has a new peak period that's NOT G1, believe it or not, it's happened. I'll give you a clue, we're still living in that Transformers peak time. The G1 movie made it's mark about 23 years ago leaving the Transformers name out there when the franchise nearly died completely in the years following. Good as it was for the name to be out there, the dead thing wasn't. I'm sure any thinking person, intending for the franchise's well-being, doesn't want Transformers to get anywhere near that again.