'Transformers 3' Offending people Again With Mullet-Wearing, NASCAR Robot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 26, 2011.

1. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Oh good lord. >_<

2. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    :lol :lol  i agree with ur point

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, people have no idea of what the hell is Jetfire's accent [some say irish, other scottish, other british, other Australian, other Yorkshiree..].

It's most likely that he is British though [Mark Ryan is british].

There's nothing wrong with the idea of the Twins, all the main Transformers characters [except the Twins] are hardened soldiers that fought for long against Megatron, all are very experienced in the war.

The Twins, however, are just two kids thrown in the middle of a freaking war, they have no clue about what is in risk on this war, they just try to look badass and tough as nails to impress everyone, which is exactly what the movie makes clear in every single scene they're in.

Like them or not, that's not a bad concept for characters, people just tend to dislike them because people THINK [wrongly] that they are racist characters.

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The toy had a scottish accent for whatever reason.

I'm from Dublin, ever hear how colin farrell(bullseye in daredevil with ben afleck) talks? That's how Irish people from Dublin sound like.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this whole concept of being "offended" is pure BS. No one was "offended" by anything in ROTF, they just didn't like it. People need to stop saying they were "offended" because nobody was, they just didn't like Skidz/Mudflap, so they used the "it's racist" excuse. I swear, people like the guy who wrote that make me hate coming into this forum

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If they get offended - so what? Some people have nothing better to do with their lives than be offended over trivial stuff - like members of Congress for instance.

7. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    They could have portrayed them as you describe without all the gold teeth and ghetto slang crap. Someone somewhere decided ghetto robots was going to fill the comic relief spot in the robot cast. Bad idea is bad. And it's not racism, it's just dumb.

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

100% truth. You don't see NAACP up in arms because of street-talking "black" characters in Disney films, yet they flip out over the Twins, calling them the "most offensive racial stereotype of African-Americans since blackface minstrels." People just wanted another excuse to hate on RotF and Bay.
    And this article is a pile of garbage. "We're not jumping to any conclusions," they say, yet their entire article is claiming that the Wreckers will be offensive and racist and stereotypes and cause all kinds of uproar because one of them has a "robo-mullet." Oh, and they quoted Wikipedia. What an excellent example of journalism. :yuck 

9. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    The movie hasn't been released yet, and people are bitching about it? ಠ_ಠ

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    No, seriously. Who squealed. It's okay, we won't beat you with rusty pipes for too long.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I thought it was a mullet in some of the early pictures, but after seeing the boxart image I think it looks more like some sort of headdress.

12. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, we won't :Readys wooden bat with rusted nails:

13. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

A word to Bay, continue doing what you do. Someone doesn't like it, then don't see it. Too many wanna complain about something instead of enjoying it. I'm Hispanic and if I saw a stereotype done on mexicans I'd lmao! And as for mudflap and skids, I think it's more of a tereotype for young white guys trying to act "black". It's all in good fun.

14. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Not again...seriously, these oversensitive morons need to SUCK IT UP. There are stereotypes out there, deal with it. Just because they are entitled to express their opinion doesn't warrant anyone else caring as much, if at all, as they do. I'm not a fan of hillbillybots either, but I'm not going woe-is-me over it.

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Y'know, people will whine about ANYTHING nowadays, mainly just to get attention I'm sure.

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

There are many ways to show the type of character that I mentioned, Bay decided to go with "kids trying to act badass by using GANGSTA culture", it's a way to show things.

And if it's dumb or not it's a matter of opinion, I have no trouble with it [I thought they were pretty funny, actually, and for some reason reminded me of my relationship my brother].

17. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    :redface2:  if you think its that offensive, don't go see the movie. every character has a personality that has been shown from a real person.

Jazz-The Cool Black Guy, Ironhide-Clint Eastwood/Cowboy, Ratchet-Old granpa/The Doctor, Bumblebee-The mute/ Funny Guy, The twins-black kids, sideswipe-the ninja/skater boy, Arcee(s)-Kick @$$ bikier chic(s), Jolt-troublemaker, Jetfire-granpa/vetran, Barricade-bad cop, brawl-the dumb brute, Bonecrusher-the angery hunchback, Contructicons-angery under paid construction workers, Wheelie-the new york city snitch/ "word on the street" guy,...the list goes on. and im not offended by the twins or jazz, neither is any one else i know.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Close but not quite. He was Scottish.

I'm going to react like a properly evolved human being and not care. A robot mimicking it's surrounds isn't racist or offensive, there's got to be something out there in order for it to be replicated is how I see it.

It strikes me that everybody just gets a little too offended in this day and age.

As for me, I'm just a tea drinking purple one eyed robot.

19. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the character for Skids and Mudflap.
    All movies need comic relief, and they cracked me up.

If the Nascarbots have mullets, good. I like it, and I hope they have Larry the Cable guy as the voice of one of them...in fact get the whole blue collar crew to voice them.
    Hill Billies will laugh.
    Some ignorant assclown will try to white-knight the cause agaist the characters, not realizing that every nascar loving hillbilly that watches it will prbably crack up and or love the homage.

Try to find something else in the world to champion other than Michael Bay not making the perfect LOTR style epic TF movies you were hoping for.

20. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Here's the great thing. Everyone gets to have their own opinion. Some people can like comedy robots with human idiosyncrasies, others can think it's the dumbest idea ever. All this if you don't like it gtfo talk can gtfo. Just because you have an opinion doesn't make others opinions invalid.