Transformers 3-Movie tie in game-What do you want or dont want.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSCATTORSHOT, Sep 6, 2010.

1. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple.Voice your opition.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Gameplay like WFC would be realllllllllllllllly nice, however, graphical improvements will help from there. I'm really excited about Transformers 3's game after WFC. :) 

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

...to not waste thier time/resources on making it at all...

if they want it to be a good game they need to make it like war for cybertron, and have it take place AFTER the movie instead of during. it should continue the story so people will actually want to complete the game to see what happens.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    what i want is that it will turn out like wfc and not like a usual shitty movie game.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    drinking game

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I want to be able to transform and stay in that mode without having to hold a button down.

7. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I loved the ROTF game, and WFC was great too. Combine the best aspects of both and improve upon the graphics and keep the story of the game true to the film and give us tons of playable characetrs and plenty of G1 bonus content and i'll be happy.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Characters, Characters, Characters.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    As long as it's not an Unreal Tournament re-skin like WFC everything'll be fine.

10. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    I don't think WFC's gameplay style would fit the movie-universe. Personally, I'd keep the ROTF game's mechanics and controls and just make the transformation keys a one-touch trigger, instead of the player being required to hold the button to stay in their selected mode.

Story-wise, I actually want a fleshed-out story this time. It might be nice to get a prequel game that tells a tie-in story to the movie, rather than be bogged down trying to translate the movie's plot. Make it a game that can truly stand on its own.

11. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Kind of like WFC except with throwing stars and you can pick up melee weapons and other cool shit.

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Tweak ROTF and we're golden.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.

( i.e., Mixmaster, Rampage, Scrapper, Soundwave, R-C-EE sisters, Bonecrusher and the like..)

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Since I don't have the 360 or Ps3 games of either ROTF, TF1, or WFC, I'm gonna list what I want for the DS games.

*Story - have it nice and fleshed out, and a new location or event won't hurt. Think the deep story of the 07 DS games.

*Voice acting - I want PLENTY of voice acting. I was very dissapointed with the little to no voice acting in both ROTF and WFC. If we could have as much dialogue as the 07 game had, and with the excellence of the performances in WFC, perfect. For cutscenes, the way they did them in 07 worked fine.

*Gameplay - WFC and 07 balanced melee and gunfire. That's what I'd love. Free roam like the 07 games, but with the intelligent AI's from ROTF (see below.) Have melee weapons for each character, like Prime's dual blades, Ratchet's saw, Bee's axe, Starscream's saw, Megatron's fusion cannon arm, etc. Keep the weakness and weapon type from WFC.

*Characters - Playable characters, after about 30 for WFC, shouldn't be too hard to make that many. Given ones are Prime, Bee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave. New characters will probably include the Ferrari, the Mercedes Einstein, the Twins, Silverbolt, the Fire truck, at least one of the Wreckers. New Decepticons will be Shockwave, of course, Soundwave (who wasn't playable in ROTF), and whoever else is new.

*Unlockable characters: I'd like to see The Fallen, Mixmaster, Scrapper, Rampage (bipedal), a Grindor/Blackout drone, Long Haul, Barricade, Sideways, Jolt, Jetfire, Bonecrusher, Brawl, Arcee and her sisters (combined into one bipedal body, as controlling three at once would be hell), maybe even some toy only characters. Bludgeon, Lockdown, Mindwipe, heck, even some inspired from other generations. Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Springer (retool of Blackout's model for cost's sake), Kup, Cyclonus, Strika, Obsidian, I could pull thousands of names out of the box.

*Campaigns - With the inevitable split between factions for the games, I liked the feature of WFC with both campaigns make one storyline. But I also liked the heroic, movie-following plot of the 07 Autobot game, and the dark, deadly Decepticon plot. But there needs to be at least 10 levels per campaign. And please, have it like an adventure like WFC with a lot of combat, and not just jumping around shooting or scanning stuff like 07 and ROTF.

*Multiplayer - All characters should be playable like with the 07 and WFC. While WFC's multiplayer was just great, I didn't like how in most of the arenas, there wasn't a lot of space to move around, and if you were a flyer, you were grounded. I loved the big open arenas of 07, like the Power Plant or Cybertron. But keep WFC's multiplayer modes, like Capture the Flag. THAT was fun.

*Bosses and AI's - I think I can expect a boss out of Prime, Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream, Ironhide, and possibly Soundwave and Bumblebee. Keep them the same as 07, but take the aspects of strategy from WFC. AI's should be intelligent and somewhat challenging - the latter especially for completely levelled up characters. Ex: a Combaticon would run away and actually recharge his health after some damage in ROTF.

I probably should touch on more then this, but that's all for now folks.

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Nice list, Chopper face! Here's my list of hopes.

Campaign: I want the campain to be long and interesting. Remember the great stories for the 07 DS games? I almost went out and bought a Movie Starscream toy just for how Starscream was portrayed in the Decepticons DS. And I DID buy a Bumblebee toy after I played through WfC campaign. I want the levels to keep the story going, and to have a fairly long campaign.

Characters: While some are undoubtedly going to be in there, I'd like as many characters in their as possible to be in this game. Make some unlockables if you need to, like some from previous mvies who have never gotten a chance to shine in a game like Brawl, Bonecrusher, Jolt, Skids, Mudflap, and others.

Gameplay: Chances are, we'd be better off having controls similar to RotF. I'd like to have Freeplay like the 07 games did aswell with environments to explore and drones to fight, and hopefully the graphics for this game will be on par with War for Cybertron.

Oh, and lets give the guns some purpose this time, and not have every boss fight be the same, with this stupid "No Guns" style like the first game did.

Online Muliplayer: Team Deathmatch would be nice, with maybe a few other games aswell, regular deathmatch, a capture the flag type of game, aswell as another team orientated game or two.

Splitscreen Multiplayer: While this is not a must have, I'd really like to have this. I'd like to play through a campaign level with my younger sister. I doubt this will work with online multiplayer, and I understand, but if we could have splitscreen campaign, I think it would really cool.

If we have most of my list, I'm going to a very happy camper. I'm glad I bought a PS3 though, because chances are the Wii version won't have half of this.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  16. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie Great Odin's Raven

I don't want it at all. Most movie games are just awful and aimed for the kiddies.

17. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i doubt TF3 movie tie-in game will be as cool as WFC.

at least in WFC, Bumblebee has a face, mouth, and can speak in his character and Starscream can smirk.

Hasbro and High Moon should concentrate on the WFC sequel. let High Moon do what it does best, but they really should stay away from the movie tie-ins since their work is far superior, albeit with mostly technical issues that no doubt will be considered in any sequel. but for the sequel, just this simple formula would make WFC2 another great game:

the best of (Halo + Modern Warfare 2 + Combat Arms + War for Cybertron) = WFC 2

18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought they nailed a movieverse TF game with ROTF in terms of gameplay. I actually think the hold-to-change mechanic worked well, but I could see how others might not, so maybe an option could be included. The campaigns were admittedly repetitive, and I'd like a campaign more akin to WFC, with unique locales and clear advancement of the plot. Freeroam would also be nice. I'd like to see two player co-op for the campaign (including splitscreen), and perhaps an Escalation-type mode if they could get it to work on Earth.

Now, characters are another big thing. Let's not go with customizable characters like in WFC, let's stick to the actual characters like in ROTF. However, tweak the system a bit, so you have more matchmaking options- I usually prefer Bots vs. Cons and not the seeting where each team can choose from everyone, but that can only be guaranteed by hosting your own game. Also, it's not always fun to see everyone running around as the same character, but I can't think of a way to fix that because I'd honestly get mad if I could not play as my main character due to him being taken already.

There's no reason why they can't include any/all characters who have showed up in previous games, even if they're gone now. ROTF brought back Jazz in the DLC.

Ultimately, even if it takes DLC, I'd like to see:
    Autobots:
    Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Ferrari, Mercedes, the Fire Truck, Silverbolt, Jetfire, Breakaway, Jazz, and Springer as an Autobot helicopter.
    Decepticons:
    Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, three or four Decepticons new to TF3, Long Haul, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Blackout/Grindor, Sideways, Barricade, and Brawl.

Now, if people do like the character customizing from WFC, include in the form of returning drone characters from ROTF: Protectobot/(new) Stunticon, Aerialbot/Seeker, and possibly more. Give them a set selection of weapons you can choose from, as well as two to three abilities you can choose one from. So, whether you want to play as predefined named characters or customized characters you have that choice.

19. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about all of them this time such as: Rampage (can switch in and out of jack hammer mode) mixmaster, Longhaul, Scrapper, Hightower (in that t-rex cocept art form), demolisher, overload, and DEVASTATOR, arcee, chromia, and elita 1, jolt, sideswipe, the mercedes, the ferrari, jetfire, wheelie, bonecrusher, Shockwave, Soundwave, the armor truck, and any other decepticons and autobots.

Oh wheelie should have a mission, were he fights the appliance bots, that would be cool :p 

Oh it would also be nice if you could stay transformed with out holding down a button.

ok thanks.:D 

20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we'd get too many Constructicons considering they're all gone now. I only say Long Haul because he was already in the ROTF game, and Scrapper was an enemy body type. Mixmaster is more wishful thinking, though he would be cool!