Transformers 3 : Most Incredible 3D Experience Since "AVATAR"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Johnarnace, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnarnace

Johnarnace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Johnarnace

Johnarnace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    let me pumped you!

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Sweet read, good find, and it gets my hopes up even higher. Gosh, I want this to be good so bad!

4. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I am really liking the critical reactions so far to DOTM.

6. Dabbido

Dabbido Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great read. Like TylerMirage said it gets my hopes up, I think the 3D on this (specially IMAX 3D) Will be simply incredible!!! cant wait! Im inviting my brothers, sis, friends and all on this one ^^ I know we will enjoy it! thanks for sharing!

7. mblogan

mblogan Member

to heck with avatar, did u see tron in 3d? that was awesome!!

8. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    I found the 3D in Tron Legacy to be really underwhelming actually. I hardly noticed it.

9. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Ill be watching this in 2D and if i go to a second screening it be 3D/IMAX

But i personally believe 3D is really not important in movies. Why was Avatar very succesful again? because it used 3D? or used motion capture tech to make the blue aliens realistic? i forgot.

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This movie will be the best Birthday event I've ever had.
    Gold Class, 3D, with eight friends, watching the end of the trilogy that recreats my childhood.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both, really.

However, it was Pandora itself that really sold people. It was so engrossing and some were so immersed, that they actually became depressed and suicidal when they realized our real world isn't anything like the planet he created for Avatar.

Granted, that problem lies more with the people watching it than those producing it, but still, it was impressive work.

The visuals, more than anything, were what sold Avatar. The story was a thin retread of Dances With Wolves, and bored me to tears.

12. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    This.
    Although i'm not really a fan of 3-D, the positive feedback from some people about the 3-D effects is starting to change my mind. Now if only I could find one of those robot cinemasks, then i'll be all set!

13. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I think I can now rest peacefully, one big giant sleep from now until the 29th, and wake up with no worries about how awesome this is really going to be :) 

14. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I would disagree. The 3D in Avatar was impressive, but many MANY people only saw it in 2D - what hit home with the audience was the combination of fantastic visual effects creating a believable - and photo realistic - alien world, and a story they could identify with.

Obviously the main thrust of the Avatar storyline is a mish-mash of things we've all seen before (in the west at least) but that didn't damage it's ability to resonate with a world wide audience of very mixed age groups.

It's great to hear positive reaction to the general look of the upcoming TF film, but I'd be more excited if people were praising the screenplay or discussing how fun the characters of the Transformers were.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only there was a way to promote a 3D movie by saying "this shit was actually shot in 3D, not post converted". The difference is night and day, and like 90% of the 3D movies out there are post converted and people are misinterpreting this as a true representation of what 3D can look like. The best example of 3D is in video games and CG movies because adding a second camera for depth is easier than taking one into daily shoots. MB shot this in 3D. Even if you are apprehensive about watching it on 3D because Thor just looked okay, you should definitely see this at least once in 3D. There will be a huge difference.

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS. Convincing people that a film is "true" 3D could help sway a large percentage.

17. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Man Avatar suck the Director just care about the visual effect and forgot about the story unlike Bay
    Bay in awsome man :bay 

18. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    O_-

Not sure if serious.

19. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

3D can be important, and if it's to be taken seriously it should be considered important. The problem so far with nearly all 3D films is that it's considered--or at least treated as--a gimmick and not an actual artistic tool or even a medium.

What made Avatar so great was two factors. The first was that it was filmed using 3D cameras as opposed to post-production. I can't think of a single film that was converted to 3D after being shot normally that was any good at all. I liked some of the 3D in Resident Evil: Afterlife, but it still suffered from the same issue that makes up my second point; that most films use 3D as a gimmick to make certain visual elements pop out of the screen. With Avatar, the film was planned so that there was always this sense of depth in every shot. It helped provide a sense of 3-dimensional space between characters within environments. As much as I liked the latest Pirates of the Caribbean entry, seeing a sword pop out of the screen in fuzzy, unfocussed 3D is not worth an extra $10 as it does not help make the film any more exciting, and all it did was pull me out of the movie. 3D that's integrated well should be seamless, like good CGI. You know it's there, but it's done so well that you don't actively think about it. So far, Avatar is the only film that has managed to accomplish that for me.

I'm excited for Transformers 3 because I get the sense that the 3D is going to be treated seriously. If it had James Cameron excited about it, then I am too.

Michael Bay's stories have never been all that fascinating. In fact his biggest issue is that his human element in films comes across as very shallow and predictable. I can't think of a single James Cameron film that has been action-oriented but didn't at least have a strong human element. Avatar wasn't the best example of this, granted, but I still cared enough about the characters involved. All I really care for in Transformers are the actual robots. (Though I do enjoy Sam, Lennox and co. I just don't have a huge attachment to them).

20. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

im getting so impatient for this movie.. at least i have the video game (when it releases) to hold me off until then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.