Transformers 3 junk yard in Maywood IL

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys this is Jimmy reporting from Chicago. Even though Transformers 3 has packed up and moved over to Detroit it seems as though there are remains after a shock from today. I went out today looking to get pics, more specifically vehicles, for this photo project Im working on for class. As I was driving through Maywood I saw what looked to be a burned out bus in front of what seemed to be an Auto junkyard. As I drove by I noticed it was one of the buses they used on Wacker for Transformers 3. As I drove by I freaked out because I saw the top of this bright blue truck over the fence, it was the CGI blue screen truck they used in Hammond to smash through the cars on the highway. These were perfect to get pics of. I pulled over and got a couple pics of the bus. I wanted to see if I could get better pics of the truck because from the street you could only see the top. So I decided to go around because next door they have these abandoned batting cages. I stood up on the railing and raised my camera and got a better view. Not only did I know it was it but the front was even out of line and smashed from the Hammond stunts. Man what are the odds. Well dudes enjoy and let me know your thought:) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    nice pics i wonder if the white truck is magnus or just a car carrier for the movies cars.

3. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

AWESOME! Can't wait for this movie

4. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Hehe cool. Never thought id be excited to see scrap before.

5. ChicageauxTiger

ChicageauxTiger Geaux-Bot

News Credits:
    Well done, gentlemen. :thumbs2: 

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats a weird cgi optimus prime how do they cgi a truck in truck mode? why would they do that? Unless there is something cgi directly behind him

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I suspect the CGI truck was a stand-in for the real Opimus Prime truck because they only have the ONE OP truck and with the budgeting schedule they couldn't afford to bust up all the chrome grill finish.

So they got the blue truck, ran that one through the chaos, and the blue will allow for the CGI to drop Prime in there instead.

8. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yah know my good man oddly enough that sounds about right..........just thinking rationally what else would the truck be other than maybe some type of experimental machine like the Nascars but due to cost they just CGI it, (but if that was the case the Nascars would have been CGI also, I give Bay and crew mad props for actually making the cars), but thats just way out there. Very strong possibility that its a Prime stand in......

9. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    LOL I LIKE THAT:D  I wish, but sadly Im pretty sure that that is a carrier for the cars, if IM not mistaken they were using something like that to transport the Datsuns around over here.....

10. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    if its a stand in for prime, why don't they use the same model of the truck prime is. This is a different truck then prime, which makes me believe its another transformer, more likely a decepticon because it was smashing through vehicles.

11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    it is funny because it shouts out i am magnus with the white cab and its car carrier back, but it is just a car carrier.

12. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie predictions look better and better every time we get more set pics. They have really put a big effort in this movie. And it can be confirmed that the truck is for CG prepossess.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    while I admit that is a good theory it costs more to cgi a scene like that than just to build another optimus prime truck

14. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah I was thinking that it is another TF, but I would think that they would use the actual truck not the truck covered for CG purposes.....I still dont understand the use of this, something big that they are not saying, but lets say it is Prime, maybe they are just using this truck because they couldnt get the model Prime is......I highly doubt it though.....

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i wish bay flim around loyola univ hostipal lonction

16. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

hell yea i cant wait to see how they explain where primes trailer goes wen he transforms lol

17. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

why would they have a truck thats painted like optimus b someone other than optimus?

18. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah man I dont know, I doubt its Prime, it could be, it might not, it might be a Con, Magnus...endless possibilites, hell it might just be an average truck made to crash through cars but might be replaced with some wacked out CGI vehicle.......INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!

19. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well the CG has been getting a lot more advanced, and considering they are using 3D cameras and Bay does not want to sacrifice quality, the blue truck may be to track-Matt the CG (to better incorporate it into live action).
    I'm very skeptical of it being an actual character over CG work.

20. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Oh yeah for sure, its definitely in place of some CG element, what? I have no idea.....