Transformers 3-Its in Imax, right?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I cant seem to find an Imax theater showing it!! Was it not recorded in Imax? or are all my local theaters screwing me over by putting Cars 2 there instead? Anyone know whats going on?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    wth!! yeah, Cars 2 is screwing over the whole state of CT!!!

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I ordered my tickets for the IMAX 3D showing, but turns out Paramount never sent my theater the film, so I have to get a refund and go see a regular RealD showing. :mad 

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    We're getting shafted for CARS 2!!

5. Sideswipe85

Sideswipe85 Member

Same here! I live in Omaha, Ne and I believe the surrounding theaters that actually have IMAX are taking it in the butt from Cars 2!!! It does piss me off! I want the full effect! IMAX aaaaaaand 3D!!!

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    stupid question: is this news-worthy? I mean, not everyone may know that their theater may not be showing the movie in Imax

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm seeing it in IMAX 3D, even though the screen size isn't true IMAX, as it's in my local theater. But it is quite unfortunate for all these people getting fucked by IMAX showing Cars 2 over DOTM in some places.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    it totally is!!

10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

I heard that because DOTM & Cars2 are being released around the same time, Pixar & Paramount agreed to split the imax theatres up 50/50, if that makes sense. It sucks and Im going to have to drive farther to get to an IMAX theatre showing it cause my local ones are showing frickin Cars2 instead

11. That_One:)

That_One:) Well-Known Member

This. Of the 4 imaxes around where I live, 2 are showing cars, 2 are still shoeing super 8 right now and will be showing DotM when it comes out.

12. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

When I called my local IMAX up in Seattle about 10 days before the film was due out, I was told by the guy there that they hadn't written up the required contracts yet, which was why it wasn't being advertised. They wanted to show it, but weren't sure if they would be. A few days later, they finally must have done so because the showtimes and tickets for DotM finally became available. They definitely cut it close this time, because apparently those kinds of contracts are usually done 2 weeks in advance.

In short, if you're not sure what's happening, call your local IMAX.

Ours isn't showing Cars 2, thankfully. Though the TF3 showings are mixed with other programs. From July 15 onwards for over a month, it's nothing but Harry Freaking Potter.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I've been told (and I'm a theatre manager), Disney had a verbal agreement to allow Cars 2 a one-week run in IMAX, then allow theatres to choose to keep it or run TF3. That was apparently only and oral, non-binding agreement with the guy in charge of these things at Disney last year. In the meantime, there's been a regime change, and the new guy decided theatres have to pick one or the other, but is mandating a longer run for anybody playing Cars 2 in IMAX. My theatre does very well with kids movies, so we're doing Cars 2, much to my chagrin. Don't hold your horses in thinking that they'll change over to TF3 in a week or two, because Harry Potter has an IMAX deal starting July 15th.

14. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Yeah, like I mentioned in my post, there's is nothing but Harry Potter at my local IMAX for an entire month at least. Every session, every day, is Harry Potter.

15. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Am I the only that is actually disappointed with the last 3 Harry Potter films, and not looking forward to the last one, especially since I thought that the books was too long and ended up being over anticlimactic?

I have some theaters showing Cars 2 in IMAX, but they are being scrubbed once DOTM is available, starting on the 28th.

I have one IMAX that is attached to a museum that's skipping Cars 2 altogether.

16. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Im with you. I hated HP books 6 & 7 and dont care for these last 3 HP movies.

17. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Actually I hated all the movies except the last one. It seemed more darker and interesting than the previous films.

But then I never liked any of the books either, so...

18. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I liked the books up to the forth one (the tournament one) but then they fall apart from there after. 5 and 6 were pure filler, trash filler IMO. And the 7th book was too choppy, and the movie did not have to be split into two.

And now, you got Disney and WB gaining up on Michael Bay because he wants theaters to stop being so cheap with the 3D and use brighter bulbs? WTF? You'd think they would back him up on this, since those studios as well did a buttload of their movies inn 3D, and are feeling the backlash because of it.

19. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
  20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Find an ETX theater, it'd be better than IMAX anyway.