Transformers 3- In "Select" IMAX 3D Theaters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jun 16, 2011.

?

What should I do?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2011.
  1. Call the theater sometime soon unless showings come up

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Wait until showings come up

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Go to a different city for IMAX 3D

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. See it in RealD 3D

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Kill the employees that decided not to show TF3 in IMAX 3D.

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    So right now, for IMAX theaters, it's basically Transformers V.S. Cars 2 when it comes to the last IMAX releases of June.
    I'm one of the unlucky few that are stuck with an IMAX theater NOT having Transformers 3 IMAX 3D tickets on sale at the moment and it's concerning me.
    ESPECIALLY the fact they have the IMAX tickets of Cars 2 on sale.

I DEMAND my IMAX theater to show Transformers 3 in IMAX 3D, since...
    1. Financially..Everyone wins- People will find it worth spending money on, and the theater will earn A LOT of money if it goes well and it has higher chances of being #1 at the box office.

2. Is Cars 2 even going to be good?- Look, I like Cars, but to me they're just going too far with putting eyeballs on every vehicle known to mankind. I know Pixar has never failed, but I personally think Cars 2 will be the worst out of all Pixar films. I'm not saying it'll be bad, but it'll most likely perform less well then most Pixar Classics.
    NOTE: Remember how I said they were going too far? Well, look forward to the straight-to-DVD movie "Planes" in 2013!

3. Mr. Bay changed the date to 6/29 for a reason..but not so Cars 2 can get in the way- Mr. Bay changed the date to June 29 so it can get early positive reviews, get a head-start at the box-office, and get more attention. NOT get early positive reviews, get a head-start at the box-office, get more attention, and let Cars 2 get in the way.

4. They EVEN SAID TF3 WILL PLAY IN MY IMAX THEATER- when they were making the IMAX screen back in Winter, they said Mars Needs Moms would be the first movie in my city in IMAX 3D. Then they said Sucker Punch, Fast Five, Thor, Pirates 4, Super 8, Cars 2, TRANSFORMERS 3!, and Harry Potter will play. Hello, you promised me it!

Yes, I know some theaters are showing TF3 and Cars 2, but my theater only has IMAX showings of Cars 2 listed, along with the current IMAX film in my area Super 8.

Which of the following below should my next move be?:
    A. On 6/20, call the theater UNLESS showings come up
    B. Wait until showings come up. If not, then call.
    C. Go to a different city.
    D. See it in RealD 3D.

UPDATE (6/17/11):
    First of all, I would like to thank you all for your wonderful responses. :) 
    Second, so I decided to wait until Tuesday (When user Fallen_Revenge says tickets come to his theater.) If my IMAX doesn't have tickets by then, I'll wait until the weekend. If there aren't any by then, I'm calling the theater and planning on speaking to the manager immediately. The only thing that could change all of this is if tickets came before Tuesday.

UPDATE #2 (6/18/11):
    I had to..I had to...I couldn't wait any longer for some reason, so I sent an email to customer service.

2. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    U better call or look online asap!! I live in san antonio nd i got mine for IMAX 3D bt i found dem online

3. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would call, and if you don't get the answer you are seeking, ask to talk to a manager. I was having problems with my big IMAX, until I finally got pissed and demanded to talk to a manager. Found out the customer service I was originally talking to was full of shit, saying the tickets wouldn't be available till the day the movie came out. Don't know what kind of game she was playing, but in the end, I got my info and tickets.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I would call and ask.

My theater's tickets just went on sale today, so they could be just a bit late.

5. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I am having the same problem. The IMAX theater near me only has tickets for 3D not IMAX 3D. I don't think I'm going to wait any longer to get my tickets though.

6. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Say prob here I called the theatre and said they will have it a week before the movie they haven't distributed all the IMAX 3D tickets to all theaters yet there are like a dozen theaters here and only 1 with IMAX 3D the guy also told me to check back on Tuesday so my greatest bet is Tuesday!

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat. I'll be getting standard 3D tickets if this isn't cleared up in a week or so.