Transformers 3 in 3D?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by kronos, Feb 3, 2010.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Why does everything have to be in 3D?

Plus, 3D + shakey camera action = :puke2: 

2. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. As someone who gets motion sick very, very easily I have a hard time with 3D

3. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Really? I've never thought it to be an issue to be honest. The Arclight in Hollywood for example had glasses that were so thin that I was convinced they were polarized until I blocked the signal.

We also have Shutter lenses for our 3D TV here at work that are big and heavy but they're well designed and distribute the weight well.

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Good to know I am not alone in my aversion to this trend. I feel like 3D movies always try too hard to shove thlngs into the camera.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    You don't want to believe the hype on that, it can't possibly be true. I've seen too many 3D movies. Up until recent times there was no way of using post-production to turn a 2D movie 3D. You had to have two cameras.

well, all I can say is that was my experience of it. The technology may have improved, but I always felt the polarised lenses were more than adequate.

6. Jetfire217

Jetfire217 AirialBot

i hope its not in 3D couse i dont like watch movies in green

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not that I’m against Transformers being in 3D, sounds pretty cool, but when is this gimmick going to die? 3D movies never stick around for more than a few years; it comes and goes almost as fast as new television dramas.

With movies always striving to top what came before it, its only a matter of time before one of these 3D movies causes a few people to have heart attacks :(  Roller coaster-like warnings will only limit the number of people able to enjoy the flick…

8. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gimmick will only die once the movie companies can't make money off of it. Right now they are pushing it as the "next theater innovation".

9. Reep13

Reep13 Active Member

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

10. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

he wont do 3D. Michael Bay has publicly admitted that he hates 3D. he thinks its just cheesy.

11. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha, I remember starting a poll about just this topic... I knew it'd get considered by Hollywood, even though I'm not entirely convinced it should be. But we shall see, I guess.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    sad news for me-more money into the 3Dness means less for awesome :bay  splosions.

plus ive never liked 3D-too gimmicky. normally i like gmmicks, but 3D is kinda lame, and often used to hide faults *glares at Avatar* (only saw it in 2D-that way i wouldnt be blinded by the 3D)

13. reddragon162

reddragon162 Almighty Slacker

Ebay:
    If they do it right, it will be the awesomness to end everything else that has ever been awesome! When I brought ROTF home on BluRay and watched it high def on my TV, I almost started crying when Optimus make his first appearance in the film. How great would it be to see him transforming in 3D!?

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the 3D, but will it cause problems during production? If so, then we don't need it, I don't want anything to interrupt the process of it.

Also, things I don't want to see in 3D include; Simmons arse, robot humping and pissing or farting robots, that is a waste, personally.

15. matsuri

matsuri Sith Decepticon

Me too! :banghead: 

16. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I not sure if I can handle seeing Devastator's wrecking balls in 3D.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope they can do it only if they have the spare time.
    Id rather them tighten the film up instead personally. Make it more timeless.

Maybe save the 3d stuff for dvd/blue ray , so people who already watched it can see it again in a new way.

18. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Don't Know, Hes has a rep for raping Childhoods everywhere. BAY you better Put some Sick Bot's And Con's in the Film. thats real talk, And this is a crazy thought, but can you maybe give them some Screentime, Background something along those lines

19. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    well yeh, it probably will be a big success due to all the kids thinking 3d is cool and all but wouldn't everyone else think its just copying avatar? Thats my only concern and does transformers need to be in 3d? dont know how the robots will come out LOL But i have no doubt it'll look awesome!

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Bay might say he's against it now, but as soon as someone points out to him that he could put balls on a robot and then have that robot teabag everyone in the theater he will jump on the 3-D wagon. He just needs that little nudge of how his juvenile humor could work in 3-D compared to 2-D.