Transformers 3 - Everything So Far - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I assume its okay to discuss concept art without showing it?

Alright, TF3 concepts showed up about this time last week, half of us managed to get glimpses of these. Concepts of somekind of Jungle Planet, "Mechanical" Planet, and a "Junkion" Planet. Also there was a Wreck-Gar? I never got to see it.

What struck me was, the "Mechanical" Planet's "Temple", it showed a picture of Prime to promote the first movie in front of what looked like an ancient Transformer with horns (Unicron?). I get interested in this, and Im sure I wasnt the only one who wondered why Prime, or any other, would go there? Like, the purpose it could hold.

And the Junkions, they look, well from the picture of their city, ten times more advanced than the 80s counterparts (Well so's the animation). But that doesnt say the same for the people, for all we know we could have ten thousand Skids' And Mudflap's running the show. Mayeb we wont, and maybe have some nods? I for one call into question wether they should retain the way they speak in TF3.

Now, the Jugle Planet, it's obvious that Prime is used to show the scale, and I gotta say, that is freaking huge. The trees, the swamps, the whole lay out. I love it. Again though, why are they here?

TF3 looks great so far, we have at least a new combiner team, the concepts look amazing too. I think that we should just support the way the franchise is going and see what happens, clearly not everyone has to like it.
    But, what do you guys think of what we saw, where do you think the stories will take us now?

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I will have to revisit TFlive.blogspot.com again because I wonder if all the pics are there. Nonetheless, the concept does look ok, but not something I'm use to seeing for the film, It looks a bit like game art.

Obviously time will tell what the hell these concepts are or were for, and Unicorn? I didn't see that one I guess..

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, the concept art did look quite good. The Junkion warrior in particular looked quite cool, and definitely something I would like to see made into toy form. Really we know very little at the moment, but based off of what we do have (basically just some concept art, and a couple of possible characters), I'm happy. Especially if the Junkions and their planet are actually in the movie, and just don't end up as some unused concepts.

Also, while it's a possibility, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a new combiner team. Even if Silverbolt is in the movie, which last I heard it hadn't been confirmed yet, it doesn't mean he'll have anything to do with a combiner team.

If most of the concept art, or at least the ideas behind them, is used for the actual movie, it looks as though we'll finally be getting a decent amount of non-Earth scenes. Which, theoretically at least, will be great for the movie-verse.

Slightly off-topic here, but one of my friends (a non TF-fan friend at that) came up with what I think would be a great idea for a movie-verse Unicron. Basically have him be the Earth's moon. Have him go into a sort of hibernation, float into Earth's orbit, and over time get covered up in debris. Then for one reason or another, have a team of Autobots and humans take a trip to the moon and somehow accidentally discover him, or maybe even accidentally wake him back up.

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    not all, but my fave from these is the alien air craft..

Attached Files:

5. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    I'd imagine if the plot of the next movie has the Autobots and Decepticons heading to other planets, it would loosely follow the plot of Cybertron - they're searching for parts of an ancient key (cyber key?) that will unlock Unicron from an interdimensional prison where he was trapped by the original Primes/Primus.

Personally, I don't think they'd be going to Lithone or the planet of Junk. It's more or less a sci-fi convention that, when traveling from planet-to-planet, each world has it's own overaching theme that instantly distinguishes itself from another planet in the universe. It's very apparent in Star Wars (Tatooine is all desert, Coruscant is a giant city, Dagobah is one big swamp, etc.) and Dune (Arrakis is all desert, Caladan is extremely wet). If they use this convention, Lithone and the planet of Junk would be too similar to Cybertron, which I figure would make a more logical place for an ancient Cybertronian artifact. The jungle planet is almost assuredly a lock, though, since it mirrors Avatar (Bay seeks to outdo Cameron/Spielberg's influence as a big fan and friend of Cameron?)

Otherwise, I expect no more than half an hour, at best, devoted to action on other worlds. The bulk of the movie would still take place on Earth and focus on the human and remaining Transformer casts. This is, of course, all presuming the concept art is legit.

I had pretty much the exact same idea. Got it from Beast Wars. :) 

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't want to bank too much on concept art.

Last film some of the things that got leaked out didn't end up in the movie or got changed from the concept art to what was in movie. Remember all the speculation about Soundwave's Earth mode only to find out he stays in orbit the entire film and only had a small part in the second movie?

Some interesting ideas in the concept art, but it's just wild speculation at this point about what any of it means. For all we know the part about the Junkions could just be some short flash back in the film and not hey guys Transformers and NEST are going into space.

Also the wee problem of we might end up with great visuals but then have a bad story propping up a weak plot to take the characters to next chance at cool looking visuals. Fingers crossed for a great story to go with those visuals, but you never know if it's going to be until the film is actually released. The Alien vs Predator films had some visually interesting things only to end up almost unwatchable because of bad story, bad characters, and bad acting.

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

Tf 3 movie base on tf cybertron cartoon series

cybertron transform in into primus

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Haven't seen any concept art, but I guess the Military will be cool.

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    It really hurts me to say this but no ammount of awesome concept art can convince me to go to the theater and shell out $10 to see TF3. ROTF was such a colossal let down I just can't imagine the kind of pre-movie info I would have to receive to make me want to go. If there was a script or something leaked or maybe like a 5 minute preview or something that might renew a little confidence, but that is pretty far down the road. Don't get me wrong I love Transformers, and gave the present creative staff it's fair shake, but....
    you know,
    that Wrek-Gar concept is pretty cool, get Eric Idle on Weird Al on board and I'm in.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

One thing to keep in mind, it was actually Hasbro and Activision that requested the images be taken down. So that could mean a lot of these designs could be game only.
    That said, it's still concept art for a game that's tieing in with something that's going to happen in TF3. They could actually end up going off earth for the third film, but it may only be a small part of it, and the game is just expanding on that concept.
    Yeah, exactly.

Originally, I honestly couldn't see them doing an off earth plot for these TF films, but then again...Who knows?

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That could be true, I mean what if OPtimus and another autobot had to leave the planet for something really BIG and destructible?

Wow, a bad ass decepticon we have yet to know about..

12. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    It kind of remains me of Season 3 of G1... But with Optimus not dead.... I can't wait for TF3.... Work harder Bay.... FAST!
    AHHHHHHH!
    Lolz.... I didn't mean that... I hope he takes all the time he can to make this a great movie!

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Part of me is say no way they would take the film off Earth for more than just some flashback to something before they came to Earth. But then another part of says well who knows what they might do to win people back over so just about anything still seems possible at this point.

14. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since when was it confirmed to be even related to TF3? It could be just some random art for the first two movies, or even fan art.

But back on topic, I hope TF3 is something like District 9 :p 

yeah... like that'll ever happen =.=

15. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pics were interesting. Maybe they plan to use the James Cameron formula; bringing the conflict off world to thereby take advantage of the alien environments to show off mind boggling special effects.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Well, for one, If it were just fan art, Hasbro and Activision wouldn't have had it pulled.
    Also, If it was unused stuff for the first films, (Which I find to be a bit of a stretch.) they wouldn't have pulled it.

Course all the critics will probably hold that as Bay trying to ride the coattails of Avatar...Which is entirely possible.