Transformers 3 Chicago Incident

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!!!! They always have the heavy duty military vehicles later in the day:(  I dont mind more transformers just as long as though they are independent characters with names:)  Yeah dude that is where they filmed the Bank Robbery scene, right in the huge room in the front of the building on the street side, right by where I was, and it was crazy they had the stairs open, I havent seen those open since the Dark Knight.....by tomorrow they should have more of it finished because today they were still well into constructing the set....just watch out for that guy.

2. err76

err76 Well-Known Member

Watch out for "The Man"

3. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    "The Man" is out there to get us all!

4. zztopeurope

zztopeurope Active Member

I think we're actually in agreement here except for the copyright infringement...I'm getting pretty tired of having kids in yellow t-shirts telling me what I can or can't do when I walk down a public street on my way home from work. And telling people they can't take photos of a building is beyond ludicrous.

Generally, the people who have the least power seem to want to try to exercise it the most. Bay is giving people all kinds of hints through Nelson and his own site, and he seems to enjoy the crowds watching everything...it's the $8/hr security people who are hassling everyone.

5. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Hell yeah man:)  Yeah man I know its insane, there really is no secret. I think, indirectly Bay wants stuff to get out and yet he doesnt, I guess he has a comfort zone of how much he wants out, and when he thinks its too much then he gets on everyone. One thing I noticed was the first time on set on Lasalle, I took out my camera, right off the bay the security said no photos, I took another one a bit later and she screamed at me "I thought I said no photos!!!" but I didnt care, this is history in the making. The second time I was on Lasalle a guy walking right by Optimus was walking and taking a pic of him with his camera phone, the girl said to him "no photos," he proceeded to take photos and say "oh yeah what are you gonna do?" and then she said "I know but youre not supposed to take any photos." It was only the second morning and I realized that although they can say something they are ultimately useless when it comes to people taking photos......oh and about the copyright issue these are my thoughts, whatever you take on your camera is indeed your property, there is nothing that says Paramount owns the rights to a Ferrari driving down the street or a building with equipment in front of it, what you are taking pics of is not the movie, where the copyright comes into play, but I can see if someone is trying to sell them to make money then you might have some issues....but thats with any photo, Im a heavy artist, comic book illustrator, and photographer, I sell my art but when it comes to photos they are more of personal keepsakes to showcase your moments(which makes them your property especially if you are in them, like Im in a pic with Optimus, although its Optimus and a truck used in the film it is mine because Im in it, Paramount doesnt own me....or you dont even have to be in the photo, you take them, they are yours) rather than something to try and sell. And yah know there are times when there is no common sense, yeah ok you can take photos of Shia and Patrick duking it out, or of the Wreckers(where the spoilers and some of the copyright issues come into play) but you cannot take a photo of a building where a set is being constructed where at times you cant even recognize or know whats going on...yeah that makes alot of sense.....

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in Romeoville. usually drive out to Naperville train station and walk to the sets. If you're gonna be out there Friday, I might be there then.

7. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just so you know, OBama's birthday is wednesday, he'll be in chicago. Normally they do routine flight patterns when a VIP is in town yah know? They usually land at soldier field and then the convoy drives to hyde park where lives. Though i hope it's for the movie! who knows.

it helps out for the hype to release the movie but it sucks when details get leaked or posted on the internet. it goes both ways.

also,

Streets to closing for Transformers 3 filming - Chicago Breaking News

van buren street between canal and wacker, that's only 1 block! and closed for 3 days? expect a LOT of things happening i would think.

not to mention on the bridge along chicago river with a helicopter. BOOOOOOM

8. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah man I know, it does kinda suck that this stuff gets out, it was kinda funny when the first film rolled around I wasnt following it online, nor was a member on here, so the first time I heard about it was when I saw the first trailer a few months before it was released, I was freakin out. For this one even if I wasnt going down there, nor if I was on here it would still be hard to avoid finding stuff out, its kinda inevitable......but it is Chicago history so I try to find out stuff like this.....Dude only 1 block???!!! Its a shame I wont get to go down there during the week, I guess it was good that I got pics even though I got yelled at. I hope people on here will post some videos of the filming but where they are I think it is going to be hard to see whats going on....

9. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Oh nice, well not to sure about Friday, seems as though I really only have time to head out to the sets on weekends, but its funny I dont know where they are going to be this weekend....

10. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Wow, I would call in sick on Wednesday if I lived anywhere near the middle of Chicago. With explosions, military vehicles and Michael Bay on one side, and POTUS on the other, your afternoon commute is gonna be hell.

Speaking of, does anyone else remember back in 2004, when Batman Begins was shooting in Chicago, and some local drunk saw the batmobile and ran his car into it because he thought it was an alien vehicle of some sort? He must be in hysterics right about now.

11. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!

12. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

From IMDB's Batman Begins Trivia Page

While shooting on the streets of Chicago, a person accidentally crashed into the Batmobile. The driver was apparently drunk, and said he hit the car in a state of panic, believing the Dark Knight's vehicle to be an invading alien spacecraft.