Transformers #27, Spoilers ahead!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Oct 5, 2011.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Some good, some bad.

First the good: I'm kinda digging the Prowl/Streetwise team up with how they took down and interrogated Brawl ("Make the shot and brag to Perceptor later" :lol ). I'm wondering who is behind his inhibitors.

The bad: Would've liked less "hide the ball" and more revelation in this book. Sandra has been pretty shady, and we could've done w/o the conversation between her and Penington if the bots were just going to bring her in anyway. Also, why the charade Spike, just come out and say it! Pretty poor investigation if they're marching the people they're questioning by his office and leave the goddamned TVs on!!

What will they do with Spike now? I can't see them taking any meaningful action against him. His confirmation of their suspicions just creates mistrust with Spike, mistrust they already had before he confessed!

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    The only thing to do now with Spike, is Headmaster him to Cerebro and turn him into the largest transformer autobot EVER! Makes sense.

I liked the issue.
    I like that IDW is making fun teams. Jetfire and the Technobots. Prowl and the Protectobots.
    I also like that Brawl got a little time to shine on his own. Great understanding of tfs was shown in that scene.... it takes 2-3 Autobots to take down 1 Decepticon. Its such an easy idea, but rarely shown.

Scrapper lives, I'm sure of it. He is the grand puppet-master. (hmm a hand puppet that transforms into a robot?)
    I felt the art kinda fell apart at the end of the issue. Ultra Magnus didn't look great.

3. UltraMagnus3786

Hah, Magnus looked like a goofball, I agree. I also liked the Huffer comment from Prowl. Huffer is only good for two things: being a negative Nancy and pulling heavy loads.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    He's also supposed to be one of the strongest 'bots, if cartoon memory serves me.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I have zero interest in the whole Spike plot. He killed a Decepticon? Whoop-dee-friggin'-doo. And the fact that any Autobots felt it was important enough to investigate the 'murder' is frankly stupid.

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    True, but Jazz killed a human.
    So the logical conclusion will be for a Jazz vs. Spike cage-match while they are armed with a fork and spoon, as per ancient Cybertronian Gladiatorial tradition.

7. UltraMagnus3786

I think with more conventional weaponry, a spork would be more appropriate.

8. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

It's not so much the murder as the lying about it, followed by the big 'trust me' speech.

9. UltraMagnus3786

I'm also kinda unsure of how Red Alert got Prowl out from under the rubble. At first I had thought Prowl transformed and zoomed out. Does Red Alert run over him, and then he uses Red Alert's hood to hoist himself out?

10. UltraMagnus3786

I can't recall, did they ever ask him straight up?

11. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    That was Streetwise, throughout the whole issue. I took it as Prowl had dug out his upper body, then Streetwise drove by and Prowl grabbed his front bumper and used Streetwise's momentum to pull himself out the rest of the way.

12. UltraMagnus3786

woops, I mean Streetwise.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    What bugged me about it was Prowl gets shot and the back of his legs and hips are shattered and his shin windows broken, but then when he stands up probably thirty seconds after being saved he's fully intact. Them's some fast repair systems he's got there.

And I don't think it was Prowl trying to pull himself out of the rubble. The way I read it that bit where Prowl was analysing his situation and how quick he'd have to move to avoid being 'trash compacted' was all taking place within a few seconds and Streetwise came in and saved him before the building could fall on him and crush him. Looking at it again it appears to me like Streetwise just drove up and pushed Prowl ahead of him and out from the danger zone.
    It was initially confusing what with them both having police car alt modes. I'd forgot all about Streetwise between issues and for a moment thought Prowl had transformed.
    I don't think so. Would've probably saved several issues of dross.

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

After seeing Livio's masterful artwork in the Chaos issues, it's kind of hard for me to go back to the mecha style that was used in every G1 comic before Chaos. Sandra can play cute whenever she wants to but she was argumentative when the Autobots took her back to Skywatch. Spike reveals that he killed Scrapper at the end, so the story is making some progress but I would've thought he bragged about killing Scrapper right after he did it.

15. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

i dont care either about this spike investigation , whats the big deal ? he killed a decepticon ?the bad guy ? oh no.... to quote rick james..." that was coooOOOoold blooooooded" considering the build up to the end of this current volume was supposed to be huge....like most of IDW`s big huge epic build ups half way in im all like "meh"

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'll have to agree with all that. Only at the end of comic does Spike come out and say he killed Scrapper. And when will the humans learn to accept the Autobots? That has been a problem since the beginning of the ongoing.