Transformers #25

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ORIO, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked it up a few hours ago and read it in the car. I was really excited for a story focused on Prowl... but this didnt' deliver for me. At least not yet anyway.

How ya gonna have a Prowl centered story and NOT have James Roberts or Roche write it??

Just my opinion :) 

2. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

very much a "here's a tease of what's to come" kinda book. having just read through all of dreamwave's transformers volume 2, #1-6, I see what people mean when they say they miss the meat of the good ol' days. Those comics were packed with dialogue and action. Altho I appreciate the art in this book, there's so much space that could've been used for more dialogue/plot. It also kinda sucks to get 2 "starter" issues in a row, having just come off 22-23. I mean, I dig we're getting 2 comics a month, but it stinks when we've essentially had 3 new "beginnings" (old days on Cybertron with the Megs/Prime issues, Chaos in space, and now this) over the course of 2 months.

3. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I think by "Chaos" IDW meant that would be what this story is.....Chaos.

4. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    BAH! all the copies my store got were damaged from the publisher, so I have to wait until Friday.
    not amused....

5. UltraMagnus3786

mine had a bunch of pages stuck together. either we had the same mistake here in nyc as you and midtown comics let it slide, or one of the employees was a little too eager for a prowl story...

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hear what you're saying about the "meat" to those books you referenced. James Roberts did just that with 22 and 23. Want to see more of that kind of story.

The art on this issue was ok. Not outstanding for me, but definitely wasn't horrible. I forget the artists name, has he done anything TF related before?

7. UltraMagnus3786

I think Cahill did some of #21, the issue where Hot Rod hands over the matrix and the Autobots blast off from earth.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like more of the lukewarm same from Costa. His run on Transformers can't end soon enough. His shortcomings are especially apparent after 22 and 23.

9. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Pretty damn good so far. These comics are a hell of a lot better since I bought an iPad. I don't have to drive to the comics shop and find parking just to pick up one book. Plus, being able to start IDW comics from the beginning instead of the middle just adds to the enjoyability factor. Sometimes we miss issues or jump on stories at issue #2 or something. It's totally changed my mind about IDW... and no, I dont't sell iPads. I just think you guys would enjoy these stories more if so much effort wasn't expended in locating these books.

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hehehe. I respectfully disagree. Acquiring each new issue was never a problem.

11. UltraMagnus3786

I think I actually preferred Costa's earlier run. Wasn't a fan of the International Incident, but some of the stuff immediately after was fine. But like I said before, to keep having these "setup" books every few issues is annoying

12. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hardly. It's just poor writing for me. Just four more months people...

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I thought this issue was kind of lame.

14. power prime

power prime AutoBot Commander

Ebay:
    If they would have throw more in the last two pages i would had been all over it, but im left what you said.

15. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

$3.99 is ridiculous for a digital version of a comic :( 

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I love comics on my iPad, though some books I'll always pick up in print (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Transformers) and some i'd buy digital if they were cheaper...

EXACTLY! if they were 99 cents, i'd be buying far more digitally. but to not get something i can keep, i won't pay 2.99/3.99. not gonna happen. Especially when most of the books I buy for 2.99 i sell back as sets later for 2 bucks per issue, so effectively i only pay $1 per issue for most series as it is anyway (assuming they're popular enough to sell before I have to discount them even more)

i enjoyed this issue enough, it was cool to see Streetwise do something, and have him be an underling of Prowl, and Breakdown showing up was fun, but as was said, being that this is the 2nd setup issue of the last month, it fell far more flat than the other issue... but oh well, still stoked for what's coming ahead.

17. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Okay, I haven't read any of "Chaos" yet (I wait until TPBs to read them), but I keep on hearing the word crossover thrown around. What is it crossed over with?

18. hotrod5749

hotrod5749 Mildily Handsome

Ebay:
    What the heck happened to the pricing structure? I was paying $1.99 an issue on iTunes and now $3.99 ? Forget that. I don't understand why publishers think they can charge more or equal to a print version. You would think since they saving material costs, the stuff would be cheaper. And also I can't resell my digital comics.

I'll be waiting for tpb from now on. It sucks cause I was buying almost every comic on the TF app.

19. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crossover is not a word i would use to describe it, more like an "event".

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Bah! Trying to kill of the last of the comic book shops.

Look I know some of you don't have a nearby shop, and I know a trip is inconvienent in the age of $4 gas. (two words: Pull list!)

But the retail model is finally getting back to what it was BEFORE "OMG SUPERMAN #1 IS WORTH A MILLION DOLLARS!!! QUICK EVERYONE BUY LOBO #1 AND CABLE #1 AND ALL 22 VARIENT COVERS AND WE CAN RETIRE TO BARBADOS!!!"

Having been into comics before and after that mess, it's a lot better now. The stores are now staffed by enthusiastic, knowledgeable fans, not mall rats surly over their 20 hr minimum wage work week.