Transformers #21 Comic Previews

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cyclonus86, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Are they just going to drop the fact that Jazz killed a human a few issues ago?

3. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
  4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  5. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    This is perfect. Love the hazy artwork, and the telling of it like a story. Hurry up for download on my iPhone!!!!

Seán

6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    A bit preachy but im digging the story so far. I could see Arcee being one of the bots Rodimus brings back too. (sorry I haven't read heart of darkness yet)
    i will have to pick this up when its released for my PSP.

7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Ever notice how ever new issue "changes Transformers forever"?

8. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We knew this already but for the other autobots it must have been a "Holy !@#$%" moment.
    All 4 autobots back from the dead so to speak, although did they actually know HotRod/Rodimus was dead at one point (when he got "killed" by the new Megatron)?

I mean the Autobots on earth saw HotRod steal Ultra Magnus's shuttle and take off in shame. For the other guys, they saw Ironhide die, they saw Sunstreaker admit to being the traitor and killing himself and well Wheelie had been MIA.

9. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    I'm just tired of every bot getting a redesign for every comic I picked up... like every artist wants to put his stamp on it... and get bragging rights that "I designed the Transformers."

IDW needs to get a style guide/bible for some consistency. It's just jarring watching everyone's transformation, chests, and heads changing.

10. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    I find this comment funny(no offence meant)

Its just that the xmen comics did the same exact thing back in 2000.(maybe not as often) every time they changed artist. Beast would be the best example i can think lion head, vest with pouches, parading in his undies and ect. As it is there still one of the best selling comics around.

As for this style i realy like it and i would like to see them complete this story first before changing artists

11. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like the artwork but not feeling the "biblical" style narration. It just gets kinda corny in some instances.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I never read X-Men.

13. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Goin to my old comic dude today to grab Heart of Darkness 3 an 4 and start up the saver folder again. If he's closed, Im leavin a message, this stuff just looks awesome

14. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    the designs have remained consistant in the ongoing for ages now. What specifically are you taking issue with.

Also, I love the pissed off look on magnus' face!

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    there costume changes usually came with an in-story explanation didn't they?

Bumblebee was drawn in his 1984 body at one point just because the artist wanted to draw him that way with no reason for Bumblebee having that body in the comic.

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I seen that too.

"Damn slagger stole my ship, leaving me trapped on this mudball, and months later comes waltzing back in here all high and mighty... without my ship!"

17. Voidsign

Voidsign Well-Known Member

I dont think I like it... But I do want to read it.

I just hate how different everything looks now, At one point all the TFs were looking like thier classic designs now they are all kind of a mish mash of G1 and Bayformers, which I really REALLY hate.

I've not picked up a TF comic since the first Graphic of the Ongoing. I had a flick through Vol2 and put it down.
    I just couldn't get past how these are no longer the TFs that I love >.<

-VS-

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um....the only thing that's movie influenced is Bumblebee's alternate mode and door wings....that's it. I mean we got a more semi-realistic art style, but that was close to a year ago now and was only used again for one issue. Everything has been pretty much the same.

19. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I prefer this narration over what we have been getting lately, because rather than having a specific character recall the events and narrate his opinions to feel like something someone like Megatron would say. This Vector Sigma Log reads as a true record of this event. So whatever further future generations of Transformers (like beast wars to put it in perspective) would have it as a part of their old History.

To the reader it makes it apparent that this is an important event, and It ties things together from other books like the Ironhide Miniseries.

The art is cool with me. Though I kind of question that drift change. I really don't mind the artist changes. So long as its good art, that depicts the characters well as we know them, then its great to have different models for the fans Interest. It also gives Hasbro a lot of various linearts to be inspired to make a toy of a character their interested in.

It would be more jarring in a book like X-men. But it really bothers me less Here, maybe because their robots, so long as its not the trainwreck maximum dinobots was every page.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    put me down as another who isn't too into the art changes. I've only read the first 15 or so issues and found it incredibly jarring that all the designs had changed, the humans didn't even look the same. Oddly enough, other than the faces, I really preferred it when they used the designs from the beginning, if only for this series .

Also didn't ironhide die on earth, why is he asking "so this is earth, huh" ?

Would really like a new g1 bumblebee figure with a camaro alt and a new Rodimus (would prefer him to be based off of the 86 movie, but I'd be up for a the idw designs, maybe a mixture of the two?)