Transformers 2008 Line-Up Animated/Universe/Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Isn't Octane supposed to be an Ultra? I could easily be remembering this wrong but that is what I thought I remembered.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    aw, no trailbreaker?!! :( 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker? Just repaint Overhaul and you're done!
    Needs more Perceptor!

4. ThomasMaximus2

ThomasMaximus2 Well-Known Member

Yay for classics 2.0 tottaly hyped bout them:) 

5. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

Quinjet, Blackbird, Shield HeliCarrier, Punisher swat van, Fantasticar, Ghost Rider's various bikes, Blade's movie car, and I'm starting to draw blanks now. They could go for extremely silly, and have a xavier hover/wheelchair.

Pure speculation, and I pray to god a shield helicarrier is one, but those are the only marvel vehicles I can think of.

As for the open slots in universe/classics 2.0, if there's ironhide, there's always ratchet. Any other slots, start thinking of what other remolds there could be from the new stock now as well, but with a galvatron coming, I would think a cyclonus would be obvious, but more likely in ultra with the lack of decepticons in the deluxes.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they make a Soundwave they gonna use the MP3 Mold except remove the MP3-stuff, add cassettes and new hands.

7. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ML TF's??

Marvel Legends Transformers??

Will Be?

The same mistake Hasbro made with Star Wars Transformers...
    MegaMorphs 2.0 or Shape Shifters part 2 UNFORTUNATELY.
    [​IMG]\

What it should be?
    SuperHero/Transformer team ups like Captain America w/ Patriotic Optimus Prime repaint that transformrs into a M1 Abrams..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OR something like Hulk with a Green Grimlock or something... [​IMG] [​IMG]

What it could be?
    TF Revoltech masterpieces!! Super Fully poseable, non-transforming, 6 inch scale TF characters, no gimmicks just cartoon accuracy with poseability not seen since TOY BIZ. NOT that BULLSH*T ROBOT REPLICAS that failed miserably in every damn way possible.
    [​IMG]

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Star Wars TFs have been going on for two years, and apparently for at least 1 more year as well. That means they're selling at least moderately well, or they wouldn't continue. This is not what I'd call a "mistake".

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Octane was never stated as being an ultra, just that they were considering doing Classics in Ultra size.

Galvatron Classics? Sounds interesting.

10. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The term mistake would not be the little numerous kids that support this line, probably the same ones that have kept Power Rangers going so long, or the success of this lines future.

The mistake was making Human star wars characters into the robotic personas of the alternate forms. A robotic Luke skywalker as a SnowSpeeder just doesn't work as Bumblebee as a SnowSpeeder with Luke as the pilot.
    A transforming Captain America isn't as cool as a transforming Optimus Prime co-piloted by Cap, or Prime repainted in Cap America scheme or something.

Familiar TF characters with SW alternate forms would have been the way to go.

11. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

I hope so. It seems like an easy solution and quick buck for them.

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    too many movie repaints to go. i am remembering how the end of the cybertron series drug on. with the cartoon coming out they should at least have some cybertron mode preview stuff. some one made a reference about dropping the soap ? i dont care who you are thats downright funny

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Here's something WildWeasel over at Hisstank.com found and posted a link to that should interest everyone.

It could be true and Hasbro is trying to cover up leaked information or the list is BS. Some of the numbers seem a little odd like the number of Animated figures in 7 months or less, unless this is fiscal year 2008 and not January to December 2008, and 18 G.I. Joe comic packs with only 24 singles. Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up yet. Toy Fair should answer a lot of questions. As much as I would like to have a lot of the items listed my wallet is screaming for a break.

Reminder on Product Information Releases from Hasbro

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That's just Hasbro Corporate acting silly, pay it no mind.

15. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Wow... information overload.

Taking into account that this listing could turn out to be not from Hasbro, or an early plan that won't be represented at retail later, I'll say:

1) Indiana Jones 3 3/4 basic figure assortment: YES!

2) G.I.Joe's 18 2-packs, 5 4-packs and 24 single carded: OMG! Me == Broke.

3) Marvel Legends TFs: Whaaaa? That one has a high possibility of being very lame ... yeah, I know I like SWTF, but at least the SW vehicles are highly popular.

4) Transformers Animated 9 voyagers and 15 deluxes: WANT. NOW!

5) Transformers Leaders, 3 figures: what could this be? Noticing the lack of Allspark Power listings there ....

6) TFA Activators: FABs? Cyberslammers?

7) Universe's 8 deluxes, 4 ultras and 8 unknowns: I think the 8 unknows is the same listing of the deluxes. Also, 8 deluxes and 4 ultras seem like a lot for a line that'll be debuting in the fall.

8) 4 Movie Screen Battles: OK ... why are these listed here, and not the Allspark Power movie line?

9) Universe Robot Heroes: 26 figures! OMG! YES!

10) Allspark Battle Packs: what's this?

11) Roll Out and Command Optimus Prime: I bet this'll be Movie Prime in the style of UBB.

I wouldn't get my hopes on MLTF featuring Optimus transforming into Cap's vehicle. If the listing is on the Marvel section, you can bet it's going to be only Marvel characters.

Like I said ever since SWTF debuted: Hasbro's not too eager to mix their IPs with other companies' licenses. (Other than as a co-brand)

-airfox

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Did you guys forget this little tidbit from the "Magnus headshot" thread already?

:) 

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For Transformers fans, yes. I won't hesitate to say that I'd prefer a Bumblebee Snowspeeder over a Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder. But they're STAR WARS Transformers, and aimed at the Star Wars market, who likely hold Luke Skywalker in a much higher regard than Bumblebee. Hence, it makes more financial sense to make them either faceless, nameless mecha or mecha modeled after their pilots. We're just a little bonus audience 'cause many of us tend to like transforming toys, even if they're not necessarily THE Transformers.

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    No, which is why I made my post the way I did, I knew Kickback would make his comment because he's been very vocal about Ultra Magnus. I think he's in love with it or something, the toy.. obviously. ;) 

19. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Ok. Thanks for the correction. Like I said, I could have easily remembered that wrong. It looks as if I did.

20. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Hey does anyone if and when we will get any pictures of the new Universe/Classic figures that are coming out in Feb/March?