Transformers 2007 Game tenative release date 07-04-2007?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shaun_C, Jun 30, 2006.

1. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I thought the Spiderman games based on the movie were pretty kickass. And even Enter The Matrix was cool, although it still needed a TON of polish before it should have been released.

Otherwise I agree that for the most part, games tied to a movie generally suck ass.

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

The old Super Star Wars Trilogy games for SNES were pretty awsome for their time and for a movie tie in. Granted the movies came out like 20 years before the games. The Spiderman 2 game was very good too. It seems like maybe 3-4% of movie tie games have been good. Other others should be buried in the pit with those E.T. Atari 2600 cartridges.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the spiderman games, and the LOTR games were really fun! hell, even King Kong got really high ratings as well. the common problem is that they're short play times :(  I wouldn't mind it one bit if this game was released at the holiday season instead of July though, would give them plenty of time to make the game reallllly good.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Hold on, same release date as the movie? Now there's something you don't see every day.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Any release date mentioned by somebody involved with the publisher of the game is usually unreliable, as TT suggested. Delays almost always occur in game development.

To be worse than G1 Tatakae, it would need to blow up your console, impaling you with hot, semi-melted plastic all while burning down your house. With you still in it.

Then it would be worse than G1 Tatakae.

Including fliers would limit how they design levels and missions to an extent - eg, Armada levels were designed to restrict you from areas until you progressed further in the game and gained more minicons which then let you pass such obstacles, adding some replayability.

You'd also have to balance the fliers so they don't become all-powerful.

6. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

I hold about as much hope for this game as I would for a snowflake at the heart of the sun.

Apparently, Activision are also working on a G1 title...not holding my breath on that one, either.

7. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

I really want a decent TF game. Armada held my attention for a while, but could have been so much more...

8. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

how is this game of BW anyway? i saw it once for sale and where supid enough to NOT buy :(  someone please beat some sense in me :p 

9. scottimusprime

scottimusprime i have a license for that

Why would they release the game on the same day as the movie? Let the movie run for a while before the game comes out. Let the hipe raise for the game after people see the movie, make them want it more. Ohwell, i'll still buy it though.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Man, movie games always suck. Can already see the crummy reviews already. Might buy the strategy guide instead for the pics

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i can only hope the movie game will be as entertaining and good looking as the Armada game

[and not ALL movie-tie in games have been bad. Like others mentioned, the LOTR and Spidey games have been pretty cool. The Star Wars Ep III was pretty fun too. Not that all the games were perfect but i liked 'em enough]

id like to see a game much like Armada. Only with much bigger levels to accomodate flyers [something like GTA, spiderman2 or upcoming superman game]

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Wow, You can book tickets in advance for the movie,
    Watch the movie on July 4th, then go buy a copy of the game.

13. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Dude, the ET Atari 2600 game was awesome! Well, once you figured out what you had to do, that is.

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Moviegames serve as a hype for the movie, same with the toys and merchandising. That's why I'm surprised by the release date.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any idea what system the game will be for?

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    supposedly all systems

17. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    You know, the Armada game got all-round good reviews from the gaming press (who also savaged the appalling G1 Tatakae game from Takara/Winkysoft).

Yet I don't understand why some TF fans still thought Tatakae was far better than Armada. I presume they think 'loads of characters' = better game.

Its not even a question of personal taste, its a question of logic.

18. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

This is only a guess but since Tatakai had from most accounts 1)Control that left much to be desired and 2)Limited movement within the environment

I'd figure that some TF fans think Tatakai is better because it had G1 character while Transformers PS2 used Armada character

But you're right in this case it should be a logical choice since Armada 1)Had great control once you got enough practice and 2)The environments weren't limiting at all.In fact the only thing that limited the environment was the minicons you had on you at the time

19. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    A review for the G1 game said it had first generation Playstation graphics on a PS2. Ouch.

Still, a fair number of G1 fans thought the graphics are 'awesome'. They must live in 1984, then.

20. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

*watches some Tatakai gameplay footage*

Okay that's the most foolish thing I've EVER seen

The clip I just watched was with Soundwave and Starscream taking on a squad of Autobots.What lost it for me was when Soundwave transformed HE WAS MOVING ON HIS OWN:banghead: 

Give me the american TF game ANY day of the week

I mean I like G1 but I'd honestly have a HARD time giving this game even 60 mins of my time