Transformers 2 Writers Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by assimilator, Oct 4, 2007.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    one who roots for the home team on principle.

2. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Good Lord why do we have to start on this already they havent even wrote the script what is with fans and getting pissed off because it wasnt made their way !!!! Stop it already enjoy it for what it is worth your hobby coming to the big screen!!!

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What a stupid fucking term. I thought "ranter" and "raver" were bad enough.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Booyah!

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I hope you realize we're taking the piss*. We're not serious.

*I'm not sure if North Americans have an equivalent term for mocking by exaggeration.

I think one is allowed to love a movie despite its flaws based upon one's personal preferences. For instance, I love Star Trek, despite its massive flaws, and so do alot of other people. I also love Transformers Armada, despite its massive flaws, and so do alot of other people.

I love the Transformers 2007 movie, despite its massive flaws... and so do alot of other people.

How dare you use spousal abuse as an analogy? How tasteless can you be to deride people over their personal preferences using such a serious subject matter over something as trivial as Transformers? You should be ashamed of yourself.

I would have liked this movie less if Transformers weren't around, but I also liked it on the merits of the human-centric storyline because I like military jingoism and comedy. So yes, I give it good ratings and I thought about it. Don't start presuming things of other people.

No, what caused the demise of Transformers in the 1990s was a fad going out of fashion against huge phenomenons such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Changed source material had *nothing* to do with it, because if so, then what about Beast Wars? Are you saying Beast Wars was unsucessful and had nothing to do with the resurrection of a dying brand?

That they're living robots from planet Cybertron. Two of the other shows you cited are about mecha, and the other one died to poor marketing and a relatively bad fictional series.

Transformers can be any sort of transforming robot so long as they're alive, especially given none of the 1984-1985 toys were designed to be living alien robots.

The Transformers movie displayed more examples of 'robots in DISGUISE' than most Transformers fiction in the past 5 years.

Humans have always been around in Transformers to provide the audience (new and old) with an anchor and somebody to relate to, and indeed, many Transformers stories (G1 or not), have Buster and Sparkplug, Spike and Carly, Rad and Alexis, Coby and Bud as the main characters while the Transformers are the supporting cast. Frankly, in that respect the Transformers movie is merely doing what has already been done and was perfectly acceptable (until now, apparently).

Never harmed it, either. Transformers (G1, BW, UT) has always had alot of sexual innuendo for a cartoon about giant robots and their human friends. Crude humour, too.

No rebuttal here, I'd like to record this for posterity because its one of the most angst-ridden passages I've ever read.

You sure are contradictory. You slam the TF movie for changing shit, and you praise Beast Wars... who also changed shit.

Beast Wars did not suceed on having a good television show alone (I'd go as far as saying the first season of Beast Wars was pretty shakey), it succeeded financially because it was so drastically different from the last Transformers toyline. In other words, it breathed fresh air into a musty old concept that wasn't 'hot' anymore.

People haven't 'accepted a lower standard'. They like what they got, even if they have reservations about it, and nobody is saying that they won't welcome improvements.

6. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Some of you might be, but there are plenty who actually seem to think this, case in point, the next person you responded to. It's going to be tough to exagerate enough to make it seem funny when we had people who seriously believed Bay raped their childhood via the first movie.

7. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Um... Batman Beyond was quite a bit different from the source material, but still a great series.

Oh wait, you meant BATMAN BEGINS.

Sorry, when someone decides to be a jerk to other posters (EDIT: actually, all fans that don't agree with them), I get nitpicky.

And the other Batman movies weren't the laughing stock just because they were so radically different from the source material. It was because they were so corny and over the top. There is a difference.

Ignoring, of course, all the rumors that a Voltron movie is on it's way. And Robotech is confirmed for a movie. Yeah, it's a different series than you mentioned, but similar enough in relation to the basic idea you were going for.

A Greek dude who writes epics. I think if he was around today, he'd probably be a Transformers fan. I have nothing to back that up though. ;) 

8. Night Flame

Can you imagine the script Homer could have turned in for Transformers? Talk about dark and serious.

9. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    But Homer just too lazy to write, he always sit on the couch eating donut everyday, or take a pig for a walk while singing "spider pig, spider pig". ;) 

10. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Hey loudstone:

Thanks Loudstone:

However, that's ironic, as I have NEVER seen FF2 at all yet (I plan to). Just my imaginary plans for TF2, as I have no ties to the production except for my admiration for the TF universe. As far as Galvatron - that' s an interesting idea, but I don' t know; I'm feeling that maybe Galvatron will show up in TF3, but I could be way off. Again, thanks for your criticism. Peace.

11. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Like superlink perhaps ? He's megatron but he demanded to be called galvatron in the early part.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it takes more than just a really good choice on a voice actor, a few old lines, and some easter eggs to be fan friendly.

It's sort of like when Devils Due hired Joe Casey to write their GI Joe comic book. Roadblock still carried a large machine gun like it was a rifle, Snake Eyes was still a ninja in black, and Shipwreck even managed to get in a few jokes. But a small team of Joes dressed up in spandex and more angist ridden than a goth on prom night just didn't feel like GI Joe to some fans. Oddly Joe Casey reacted to fan critism in about the same way as Bay has acted to toward fans that were less than happy about some aspect of the movie.

Nods, winks, in-jokes and homages are all fine because hey I also laughed at the in-joke with the kid and "way cooler", but if the movie doesn't give you that feel of they care about you as a fan then saying but we put a VW in that one scene still isn't going to keep you from feeling sort of alienated.

Not really helped by other fans who just can't understand. I really loved the Classics line of action figures, but I could see why some people might not like them or how they might not hold the same magic for some people that the old figures did. But when it comes to the movie if someone felt the magic then they expect everyone to feel the magic and if you didn't feel the magic then something must be defective with you.

Then again we still have people who can't see the point of veiw from the other side on Beast Wars so why should movie-verse be any different? I loved Beast Wars and it had plenty of throw backs to G1, but I don't think everyone who loves Transformers must love Beast Wars just because it had the name Transformers on it and ties to the old series. If someone felt like they were cast aside when Beast Wars came along I understand even though I really enjoyed Beast Wars. Just because I enjoy something doesn't mean that other people shouldn't be allowed to feel the way they do or that it's wrong for them to feel that way.

13. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Hey Fit for natalie:

Remember the cartoon episode(G1) where Prime revived Elita-1? I think that'd clearly be an example of sexual innuendo, LOL!!!!

14. Night Flame

Oh, I understand not liking the movie plenty, just as I understand those who didn't like Beast Wars. What I don't understand, and just can't get my head wrapped around, is the concept that when you don't like some aspect of the brand we're supposedly all fans of, you (the general "you" meaning anyone out there) take it as a personal insult, as some kind of moral kick to the nuts instead of just shrugging, saying, "well, I guess that one's not my thing" and moving on with life. It's a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable. If I hadn't enjoyed the movie during my first viewing, I would have probably said, "here's what didn't work for me," then went on with my summer as if it were just a normal year. However, I did like the movie, and ended up going ten times. I understand being consumed by enjoyment. I don't understand being consumed by hate over a hobby. But it sure does seem to happen a lot.

15. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Clearly you didn't see the same movie we did.

The concept of "Robots in Disguise" (not that important to TFs IMO, 'cause I got into TFs thanks to the G1 cartoon and the disguise aspect wasn't touched there as often as some fans remember) was the primary aspect of the movie.

"A boy and his car" was Spielberg's pitch to the studios ... but his car isn't what it seems.

And didn't you see the Autobots hiding in their disguises on Sam's backyard? :lol 

-airfox

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shall we observe a quote from Akira Kurosawa here?

"With a good script, a good director can produce a masterpiece. With the same script, a mediocre director can produce a passable film. But with a bad script even a good director can't possibly make a good film."

In my view, Bay is a weak director, with beautiful cinematography, and the script was a big element that worked about Transformers. And I have faith Orci and Kurtzman and Kruger can keep up the momentum.

17. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

HAHAHAHA! The script WAS the weakest part of the film. I HATE Bay but even I cannot say that he was the main blame for how bad the film was. A better director would have made a better film but still, the script lacked any real character development from human or robot or even a proper realised plot for a good film to be produced. How Orci and Kurtzmann get paid to write is beyond me....

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    And yet, the movie made some big cash for Dreamworks, Paramount, Hasbro, Wal*Mart and all the other parties involved.

19. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and yet we still have not seen your script...GO! get writing man!!! FOR THE GOOD OF THE FANDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    SCRIPT PLEASE.
    Expect to see that after every single post you ever make, until you either admit you can't deliver one, or you actually do. Until then, all your ranting about how bad the script was means less than nothing.