Transformers 2 Writers Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by assimilator, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I think this is great news.

Why?

Because Orci & Kurtzman have proven they have enough knowledge about the mythology. And who can write a better sequel story to the first part than the original writers?

Secondly, with Bay, Spielberg, Orci and Kurtzman returning, the sequel will have the same 'feel' to it as the first movie. That would be logical. I really liked the atmosphere in the first movie.

Awesome.

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's their sequel pitch from Botcon (http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/transformersmovie/005082421.cfm?page=3):

ORCI: I think that what would’ve happened would be that you would flashback to protoforms arriving and finding dinosaurs on our planet and trans-scanning dinosaurs and reshaping themselves into dinosaurs.

KURTZMAN: That’s how you could bring the Ark back actually. You could say that there was a lost Autobot, whatever, Transformer contingent that actually did crash land here years ago and they actually did stay away for a while. A T-Rex isn’t going to need an exact duplicate of himself. If he sees another Autobot there that’s a T-Rex, he’ll probably be fooled.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ehren Kruger wrote Reindeer Games!!!!!!I thought that movie was cool.

4. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good news, bar a few minor things they did a good job on the first and will do a good job on the second.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I have the feeling that the second time round the writers will know a bit more of what mike bay is shooting for and what works in the film and I think Mike might understand a bit more of what the writers are trying to get across and bend a bit more.

This in my eyes can only be a better movie, especially since by the time they have to start the next round of CGI they might be able to include lots more bot screen time thanks to technology advancement between now and then. one can only hope.
    I dont see how in part two you dont have alot more bot screen time.

One thing I hope we see is a gigantic transformer like bay said he wanted in the first movie. Bay said he asked the writers to include a sea class destroyer be a decepticon but the writers basically laughed saying ya Id like to see that in CG too

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the last-ditch efforts for the nay-sayers of before to squeeze one last "I told you so" at a time when 700million dollars confirm otherwise. Not that the movie has to be good based on gross, but that the writers did their job and appealed to a wide enough audience that this movie didn't vanish into the realm of crappy Summer movies.

7. oldtimer48

oldtimer48 Finish It Now!

Ok I am excited about this announcement. I hope that they movie will pick up the same feeling as the first one with of course more screen time for the robots!! Once we know who the new characters wil be I am sure we will get a better idea of where this story will go with these writers. Hey just a thought here but who would like to see Shockwave make an apperance in this movie?? There is a void to be filled with Megatron off line.............FOR NOW!!!!!!! :dj 

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

good news imo.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even though I too would like to see Shockwave, I'm sure Starscream would more than love to fill in for Megs in the next movie :D 

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    But every Transformers continuity has had humans as the single most important reason why the Autobots eventually defeat the Decepticons. G1 had plenty of stories where the humans were the stars while the Autobots were the supporting cast.

Again, the main reason why humans were the stars of the movie was that it was being sold to an audience of non-fans, and judging by some reviews and some comments, certain people found the Transformers talking at all to be utterly ridiculous and preferred Bumblebee's silence.

Actually most of the reviews didn't really care about the Transformers, critical reviews stated there needed to be more work overall on the story and human character development.

Generally its we fans who criticized about the non-existent characterisation of the Decepticons. I'm not saying that's wrong (not at all as I agree), but from what I could tell, many of the reviewers who were critical of the movie (and weren't merely out to score 'cred' points by attacking Bay personally) cared more about the traditional film elements than the big CGI spectacles characters.

11. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

With the 2nd movie, they should be able to go in a broader direction.
    But the thing is, we don't know where this thing is goin to go...and that's whats got all of us frustrated! I say give it about 5 months or so and we'll know what the writers are goin to go with.
    And I'm glad they got someone that knows a lot of transformers mythology, but why not someone from the comics.
    Hell, Stan Lee and Avi Arid always put there 10 cents in. I say they should at least speculate on Simon Furman for some insight. He can definitely take this movie franchise into a whole other story arc.

12. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

Also, someone explain to me....
    the writers do their thing.....then bay would have to do his thang, based off of the writers work? or is it approved by the producers....then bay does his directing?
    i don't know how the procedures of movie making so if people can guide me or give insight, let me know.

Cuz i'm sayin, that if bay had to work with what the writers wrote, then he did a pretty damn good job. bringing on more writers or a more knowledgeable one would really, really, improve on the next movie.

13. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

So Bay is confirmed now? Hooray for 0 character development in the 2nd one too! :( 

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

See, I think the reason some reviewers outside the fandom saw the Transformers talking at all as ridiculous is because, within the movie itself, these aren't characters. They're the big scary aliens. And, traditionally, the big scary aliens don't talk. They just scream and beat shit up. If the bots are given personalities, and allowed to develop as characters, people will start to care about them. That's the point where Transformers will begin to feel like something special to people who aren't already Transformers fans.

Hopefully Transformers 2 will give us at least a taste of that.

And as far as Simon Furman goes, while I do hope they use him as a consultant on the new movie, I also hope that at some point during these movies he comes in as a bit character who gets a few minutes of screen time, then gets squishified. It'd be the ultimate homage to Simon's favorite thing. "Who can I kill?"

15. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

The guy who wrote the Ring movies and the Brother's Grim??? We're fucking screwed T.T

16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, all of those elements were in John Rogers original draft of the script that Orci and Kurtzman worked from. Which is not to put down Orci and Kurtzman, but credit where it's due and all that.

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Ehren Kruger is the person i bet you anything was brought in for character development on TF2. I would be hard pressed to believe that anyone was impressed with the Transformers personalities as it was not really fleshed out. Brothers Grim and the Ring movies had decent character development so there is the possibility the bots now being the complete focus of TF2 we should see a much better film that Optimus will be optimus in and the rest follow in suit.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well any hope I might have held out of maybe liking the second film are pretty much deader than dead now. I liked the work the guys did on TV, but I've yet to like anything they have written for the movies, holding a wee bit of hope on Star Trek but not holding my breath.

On the other hand out the entire production team they are the only ones without a super ego so at least they do listen to us the wee lowly fans even if there isn't much they can do about some things either. I guess they know the feeling though since Bay didn't seem to listen to them either.

Guess I lived long enough for a relaunch of the Batman movie franchise so maybe I can live long enough for a relaunch of the Transformers franchise some time in the far future. Seems about the only shot I've got of actually getting a live action Transformers film with the elements I want in it.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Never, ever, EVER going to happen in the live action franchise. The bots will get more time than they did in TF1, to bu sure, but we're never going to see a live-action Transformers movie where the Transformers are front and center for over half the film. And thinking they'll be the complete focus of an entire film? Never.

I'll hope for extra screen time for the bots, and some good characterization in more than just snippets like Barricade's moment in the sun in TF1. But thinking humans won't occupy the majority of screentime in any Transformers movie is just setting yourself up for disappointment later on.

20. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awwwwwwww noooooooooo!!!!

We're back to square one again. I liked the movie, but it had some serious faults that I hoped that would be corrected by NEW writers. Orci and Kurtzmann not returning was a very good thing!

Silent millions of dollars in CGI, Decepticon redshirts (Exactly how much was Bonecrusher and Starscream's VA paid for those few lines? Easiest job in the world.)

Time wasting humans-Like those hackers and Simmons and Miles and the military.

Transformer killing humans-Nuff said. Just call a squadron of planes armed with Sabot rounds...

The jokes...piss and masturbation jokes. Nice...

Since all of these factors led to Transformers getting $700 million worldwide, chances are we'll see them revisited all over again. Will these guys listen to criticism?