Transformers 2 toys

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DecepticusPrime, Jun 27, 2007.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I was wondering the other day. when they do the inevitable sequel(I expect the movie to be more than successful enough to get a sequel) how will they handle the toys for returning charecters? barring any spoilers please, but I would expect a few like Optimus and BB to return. Will they rerelease 2-3 year old molds, or will everyone get a new body? I was just wondering and wanted everyone else's input.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thining that the remaining characters will get new molds for the toys, mainly to work in some gimmicks that didn't make it for this movie. Fore example SPOILER Optimus Prime's sword/axe thing SPOILER. I'm also hoping that they'll release a bigger version of Screamer for the 2nd movie.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Regardless of what the designs in the second movie will turn out to be, knowing Hasbro, I'm pretty certain that they will find a way to insert redecos of toys from the first movie into the second movie's toyline, if nothing else as "pre-upgrade" or "ghosts of yesterday" versions.

4. Thrasymachos

Thrasymachos energon cube

I've thought about this as well. I've been trying to stay away from movie spoilers, so I don't know who will survive until sequel-time, but regardless of the (potential) body count, it seems reasonable that at least some of the original characters will be returning.

I see three options as being viable -

1. Re-release old molds. I wouldn't put it past Hasbro.

2. Have everyone re-scan a new/updated earth-mode. This seems most likely, since it will not only generate new toys, but also new licensing agreements and advertising for the car company that lands the deal. This would grant the studio the option to abandon GM. It seems the most flexible option.

3. Personally, what I would really like to see, are the same characters with the same alt-modes with updated/improved engineering and more movie-accurate transformations and bot-appearance. The addition of "battle masks" would be a most welcome feature.

Ultimately, I bet we'll see a mix of these three approaches. We'll get repaints of the old molds as "off-screen" characters, new molds for new characters, and maybe, just maybe we'll get improved designs for existing characters.

5. Jcanuc

Jcanuc Well-Known Member

I could totally see Hasbro making a repaint/remold of BB into Cliffjumper. Not sure if I'd expect to see him in a sequel though.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I'd hope the old molds with new decos would be used so I wouldn't be tempted to buy them;) ....but I'm sure they'll have all new molds for the sequel.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    at least some redecos are to be expected. especially if any characters don't upgrade their forms between movies. Likely we'll get plenty of new molds though, if only to incorporate a new group of toy gimmicks.

At least we're not too likely to be switching toy companies from sequel to sequel. :) 

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care what they do as long as they don't kill of everyone just so they can bring in new characters and new toys like for the 86 movie.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More than likely we'll see old molds reused as either 'pre-upgrads' for the existing characters or redecoed as 'off screen' characters (ie: Bumblebee as Cliffjumper though he probably won't make a movie appearance).

I'm positive that we'll see all new molds whether or not the character changes alt modes or not.

Of course *SPOILERS*:It doesn't matter much for any Decepticon aside from Starscream unless things have significantly changed from the script I read where all the 'cons die except him. The Autobots, are a more likely scenario though because only Jazz dies amongst them. *END SPOILERS*

Still, it'll be interesting to see.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    There will be all new toys. For such a multi-million dollar effort pumpin' out the plastic will not be an issue.
    I suspect updated licenses for cars and military equipment. Megatron/Galvatron would be back with an earth mode.
    Dinobots. Constructicons.
    *all my guess work, of course*

11. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

As usual, I'm gonna say I want a movie-style combiner.

Which isn't an answer to the question, really.

I certainly think it'll be a mix of reformatted characters from the first movie, old alt modes getting new toys with new features (sword arm, as was pointed out), all-new characters and the inevitable repaints.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    They probly re-relese some of the old toys(of the characters still alive) after we see some sort of trailer from the new movie then a month before the movie will see the new transformers toys

13. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As heavily as GM has invested in this movie, you know they're going to want brand new cars for the sequel (or whatever car manufacturer happens to dominate the next film). I doubt Chevy will be trying to sell 2009 Camaros in 2010/2011.

All of this of course meaning that if we don't see entirely new engineering for the figures, we will at least see new molds.

14. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

Please, NEW BODIES! and I hope they use Tracks :)