Transformers 2 plot mentioned in online survey

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by predian, Jul 17, 2008.

1. predian

predian Member

Hi, I rarely visit here to post, only to read. However, I was taking part in an online survey through Toluna yesturday and it was about upcoming cinema releases. Among the titles with plot summaries were Transformers 2 and Terminator Salvation, I kicked myself afterwards for not trying to copy and paste the text for others to read.
    Each plot was rounded up in about a page of text with an audio recording playing as you read it. Terminator Salvation mentioned a boy and girl (Kyle and Sky) who John Connor realises are important for humankind's survival. I haven't read anything about a "Sky" character before this so I don't know if these plots are partly false information.
    Transformers 2 plot summary said that: Starscream as the new leader of the Decepticons returns to Cybertron and brings an army of thousands of Decepticons back to Earth where they disguise themselves. They have discovered that the remains of Megatron are still secretly being held by a US organisation and they seek to reclaim his body. Sam Whitwicky becomes suspicious that something isn't right because of his previous encounter and calls upon his autobots friends to alert them do the danger.

I haven't read many of the recent movie threads on here as I usually just use the main news page for scoops. If this has been posted elsewhere or turns out to be complete crap, I apologise in advance.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well it does sort of fit in with the rumors that have been floating around. Differance being that part of Megatron being held by the government is something we haven't heard before and while rumors were floating around that Starscream would lead a force of Decepticons this is the first time we've heard the number in the thousands.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome to the boards.

Both those stories sound plausible and are fine by me!

4. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Army of thousands. They need that many dispensable grunts huh.

5. nkelsch

I think it feels more like they can come to earth, grab a vehicle mode and hide and no one can do a goddamn thing about it. Earth modes actually mean robots in disguise.

I kinda expected this when Prime sent out a call for autobots to come live on earth. They going to set down, grab an earth mode and then blend in with society.

Kinda weird to think that our planet could be invaded and every aspect of our world could be compromised just because the invaders looked like vehicles which we pay so little attention to. This is like the one aspect never touched upon in the whole robots in disguise. I think it has potential.

6. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yeah, it's an interest take on the "robots in disguise" idea. Beyond the basic hide to protect themselves aspect, the idea of a Decepticon army slowly replacing our cars/planes/military/etc. before an all out assault could be cool. Sort like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but with vehicles.

7. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I kinda like that odd idea :) 

8. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Am I the only one not finding any excitement at all?
    I would have preferred The Fallen plot.
    Seriously... it could become a deja-vu.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i seriously wonder about them numbering in the thousands...how would their arrival go unnoticed?

but i do wonder, with so many autobots living in disguise on Earth they must get bored. I wonder if they have like...scheduled autobot meetings where they all go out in the middle of the desert or something and have a bonfire and crack open a few beers.

10. nkelsch

I bet that they have fun by experiencing human society. I could see decepticons having fun towing cars or speeding while Autobots have fun by helping out humans like emergency vehicles or being an ice cream truck. Remember Cybertron had a STOPLIGHT tf?

Personally, if I was a transformer, It might be really fun to drive around and hand out icecream to kids with a holographic ice cream man. What a way to be immersed in an alien society.

It has potential as a plot device.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm good with it not having anything to do with The Fallen plot.

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i like your style.

13. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bet he's rallied thousands but only a handful will go to earth, the Elites like Soundwave. This seems a lot like the treatment in which I hope UM and Devastator show up :D 

Where can I find the Treatment cuz I can't find it :( 

14. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either that or there are going to be a heck of a lot of "Redshirts" on the Decepticon side.

15. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I likey!

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just a guess since we haven't heard anything about how they arrive, but if you consider jets can fly without showing up on radar and the Transformers are more advanced than we are then they should be able to land something really big somewhere where people don't live.

Of course they are the bad guys so maybe it's some where remote and they kill off any witnesses.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Fallen, FTL.

Starscream finally being new leader in order to get revenge and reclaim the remains of his former master with the help of an army of alien robots, FTW.

18. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

It's not said they get unnoticed. They could well make planet fall everywhere, get a vehicule form and hide. People could notice an increase of meteor or something, but with no meteor to find at the impac zome.

But I guess we won't see thousands Decepticons, unless they're all smallish drone that dies in drove.

19. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I was one of the 'Cons hiding out on Earth, I'd be some sort of military jet, with advanced holo pilot...and I'd be living the fighter pilot life!

Yeah, I'd be bored if I was a 'Bot hiding out on Earth. Handing out ice cream...*yawns*.

20. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:

Quoted for truth. I actually like the idea of SS returning to Earth with thousands of D'cons. Would be so awesome. This movie is going to rock my world, again.