Transformers 2 - More Action?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by knook, Jun 4, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I loved the First Transformers Film but thought there wasn't enough action, only at the end did we see a conflict between the Autobots and Decepticons but I would love it if in TF2 it was like an ongoing battle, I have the understanding that the shoot going on at the moment is the opening scene of the movie. There seems to be alot of action going on and apparently some TF scale models have turned up on site and a few concept cars have turned up so lets hope the movie continues this trend.

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

The 1986 movie was pretty much an ongoing battle. I know that when my cousin and I sat and watched it at Botcon 06, after the movie was over, he said "y'know, I never really realized it before, but that movie was nothing but battle scenes." In other words, there was no time to rest, and there was almost literally no plot development other than getting from one point to the next.

That is NOT what I want from TF2. Oh sure, I want some action, and I fully expect there to be some kick ass boner-inducing warfare, but I want it all to make sense as well. Not just tearing shit up for the sake of tearing shit up.

3. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mean permanent action, just more than the first film

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Not enought action?!

Blackout destroying Soccent

Frenzy fighting aboard air force one

Scorponok vs the rangers team

Barricade vs Bumblebee

Autobots vs Sector Seven

Megatron's awakening

There was enough action, what we need is a more serious tone.

5. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I meant more Autobot VS Decpeticon action

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't see where this film would really break the mold of how franchise films go so if you were going to place bets your safe money would be on more action. It's just kind of what franchise films do since they not only have to out do the last film but have to try and out do everything released at the same time.

Plus if you are going to keep a Transformers film franchise rolling then you need to play to whatever a director has going for them and in the case of the Transformers director action is about all he's really got as strong point so play up to that.