Transformers 2 is scheduled for the summer of 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, taking into account that Hasbro would probably just re-release/retool returning bots like Ironhide, Ratchet and Prime - there wouldn't be as much work to be done with CGI/toys as first time round - yes for some new characters but a lot of material is there waiting for them to reuse. They don't need redo the majority of the Transformers, only 3-4 new characters that we'll see will need to go through that process. Given the fact that characters such as Arcee and Stryker got as far as CGI concepts, there's a chance that those models may be used in TF2 - sure seems to be a lot of demand for Arcee so using her existing models wouldn't be difficult, and cheaper than making a whole bunch of new characters (although I would want to see new ones for new characters).

Didn't the writers say that they'd left a lot of information and so fourth for future writers to use on the project? Taking into account that the new writers would take the information and ideas, a script COULD be ready by end of year. Casting already somewhat done with people such as Cullen, Labeouf signed on for three movies so there's not as much need for human casting (though i'll assume there will be one or two new human characters).

I think Summer 2009 is doable, might get delayed a few months - but I can see them having it out in 2009.

2. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I hope Spielberg has a good effect on the movie.

Things I hope are fixed in the movie:

1) Fire the previous writers. Whoever came up with the glasses needs to be fired. Whoever came up with the numerous, non-esential subplots involving the humans (the hackers, the fat, nerdy dude, the un-necessary Sector 7, etc needs to be fired, the mom and dad lame jokes. Focus on two or three humans and develop them fully. Spend the rest of the time developing the TFs. This is the most important point for me. They need a good, believable story sticking to a few plot lines.

2) They need to develop the TFs MUCH more instead of stereotypical monsters and bodyguards. They should have more Autobot-Autobot, Decepticon-Decepticon, and Autobot-Decepticon interaction without the humans involved.

3) The story should stick TRY to make the movie believable (ie as in the Autobots taking the conflight AWAY from the big cities, the Decepticons not so pitifully weak against the humans and vulnerable to human attacks). They should not have focused on Sam's grandpa and the lame glasses. There was so many other ways they could have introduced the TFs and given a reason for the TFs to seek out Sam.

4) I hope Spielberg gets rid of Bay's ******ed shaky camera/close-ups. That totally ruined the battles. I honestly wouldn't mind if they decided not to go with all the tiny moving parts and save that money for something else. I think seeing a more zoomed-out view of the TFs quickly transforming would do better than having tons of tiny little parts whirling around.

5) I hope they somehow make Cybertron still a viable place to live as I would LOVE to see the TFs make it back there.

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    As long as they don't use those freaking "hackers" again I'll be fairly happy.

4. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Why do people hate Michael bay so much? I don't get it. I like his way of directing.

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I liked the first movie.

I liked Bay as director for the first movie. The first one needed to introduce the characters and grab an audience. It could have used more character development, but it wasn't mandatory in the first one. IMO an action director as Bay was perfect for the first one.

I'm not so sure he's a good choice for the second. The second one needs to work on developing the characters more. Just look at how X2: X-Men Reunited is a better movie than X-Men.

I won't be complaining about Bay directing the next one, AFAIC he can make a great sequel and surprise me, but right now I'm not so sure he's the right choice for the sequel.

-airfox

6. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    well that's just Prime. LOL. hahaha. awesome.

7. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    I doubt that they'll be back. Perhaps Maggie for a cameo, but I really doubt that they need them since that part of plot is done. Think the only humans we'll see are Sam's side - Mum, Dad, Mojo and Mikaela as well as Lennox and Keller (who I have a funny feeling might be a president in second film). Maybe Sam's friend too, gets captured and used as leverage by Barricade or something.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Yay! Bay! Really!

We just need less shaky camera and Mirage and we're solid!

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

So soon? That means they'll have to start shooting soon. I guess because of the impending writers' strike they have to get the movie out asap or risk having it delayed for a few years.

10. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    I've never heard anything about an original release date of summer 2006. From what I remember it was a tentative release date of November 2006 but was changed both to accommodate the amount of time needed on the production and to make it a summer blockbuster, which certainly wouldn't have been possible for that year.

As for the time table, the first movie took as long as it did because they were laying the groundwork. Every detail from how the robots moved, emoted, transformed, their aesthetic, to how they would represent them in the script, as well as the story itself, had to be built almost from the ground-up. With the sequel, they have a framework that makes the turnaround potentially a lot shorter.

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    ewww I can't wait. I think the anticipation....was better than the actual movie - so it's great to think - we will be highly anticipating rumors and teasers as soon as next summer.

12. Silverwynde

Silverwynde PsychoCompletist-by-proxy

So Bay's coming back? I'm good with that. And I wasn't sure if I would even like the first movie! (I've seen it five times, btw. IMAX will be my sixth.)

I just hope we get tons more bot action and a bit less of the human element. Oh and lots more Bumblebee, please!

I can hardly wait for 2009! Woo hoo! :rock 

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

He's one of those people that just doesn't seem to have a middle ground. You either really like his work or don't like it much at all.

Guess it comes down to just what you are going to one of his movies for. If you are going for action he's got a good eye for where to put the camera and how to nail the timing on the action for the best impact. Looking for more than action though and it's kind of a let down. A bit like if you went to see the new Resident Evil for anything other than the girl kicking zombie butt.

Well and he's not the best PR person in the world when it comes to the internet, seems he likes to start fights rather than to make friends.

14. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    I'm sorry, I'm calling Shinanigans! There's no way they could do scripting, shooting and effects in under 2 years, no way.

15. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    why not? realize the simple facts. CGI is 5x easier and faster to render than it was a year ago. 1/2 the models are already built (starscream/prime/ironhide/ratchet/bumblebee)
    ...The cast is already mostly set

how long was it between LOTR or SM or matrix movies?

16. Starscream NZ

News Credits:

To be fair, LOTR was shot all at the same time, all three movies. Though Transformers *should* have a lot more cgi work than LOTR did.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's absolutely possible. Just look at how the first movie played out - SO many people were claiming that ILM could never get the effects done in time for a July 4th release date since they were still filming, what?, up until 2-3 months before the movie was supposed to come out. But they did it. And just look at how many "demo versions" of characters we saw fully animated. Ironhide getting out of the pool in the movie looked completely different to how he looked in the first teaser AND trailer. Add to that, Megatron, Bumblebee & Jazz all had noticeable changes made to them from the trailer to the final movie.

Don't underestimate ILM. And like someone else already pointed out, half of the TF cast is already built. All Bay needs is 30-45 days to film everything he needs to - the rest is upto ILM and Hasbro. And no doubt about it, Hasbro probably *already* have design outlines for possible sequel characters.

But that said, if the first movie getting done in time (early, in fact) wasn't enough to shut up the know-it-all peanut gallery of the internet, nothing will.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    maybe this time we'll actually get a Dewbot.

19. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

boooring!

20. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Things I would like to see changed for the second movie:

1) Well-structured story, more intelligent script.

2) Keep the humans to a minimum - more Transformer interaction

3) Get rid of the lame jokes/low brow body humour

4) More 'grit'. Make us feel for these characters. Make those Transformer lines dramatic with close-ups of their expressions.

5) Get rid of the shaky close-up camera

6) And please, please - no more product placement.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Michael Bay throws a tantrum and quits the movie, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.