Transformers 2 first out with augmented reality

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mentat_emre, Aug 22, 2009.

1. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this before.
    Transformers 2 first out with augmented reality - 8/20/2009 - Video Business
    Paramount Home Entertainment is expanding its use of holographic feature augmented reality, offering it as a bonus on the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen two-disc Blu-ray and DVD sets.

The second Transformers movie, which grossed $396.8 million in theaters domestically, will be released for the home market on Oct. 20. As well as two-disc Blu-ray and DVD sets, priced at $29.99 and $24.99, respectively, the movie will be available in a single-DVD version for $19.99. Prebook date is Sept. 8.

The augmented reality feature on the packaging of the two-disc sets will allow fans to hold up their DVD and Blu-ray boxes to a Webcam to access a holographic image of robotic character Optimus Prime. Viewers also will find a special Web site, where they will be asked to piece together the Matrix of Leadership to bring Optimus Prime back to life, repair his armor and calibrate his weapons by controlling his aim during target practice.

Paramount first announced its use of augmented reality for the Star Trek DVD and Blu-ray release, however, those discs won’t make it to market until Nov. 17, so the feature will be first seen with Transformers 2.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Marketing crap ftl.

Include that crap on the disk and I might care. Having it on some website that will vanish after a year is lame.

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Tacky little extras are getting quite advanced in their delivery it seems, they used to be just stuck to cereal boxes.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I don't think you know what Augmented Reality is.
    YouTube - Augmented Reality by Hitlab

5. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Sounds neat.

6. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    It's cool. It's not a hologram, though. Similar marketing was done for this year's Star Trek and it was pretty neat.

7. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Damn! Ive waited for REAL holograms my entire life!!!

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
  9. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

G.E. did something similar to this you need a webcam and a printer to do this one GE | Plug Into the Smart Grid click on the hands holding a windmill. It entertained my kids for a couple of hours when I showed it to them. It will be intersting to see how the transformers one looks when it comes out.