Transformers 2 coming fast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Prowl, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd be carefull what you say. I would have said something similar if I didn't remember what happened last time I spoke up to him about something on the boards. Needless to say, I got out of control, and well, I'll leave the rest up for you to guess :wink: . In the end it wasn't worth it, as some peole are just too ignorant to get threw to. I personally don't care what other people think about the movie. In the end the only thing that will tell me if a movie is good or not is my own opinion. I happened to like this years movie, so it was good in my opinion. It also fit my expectations, which were it would be a good entertaining film, not something I would have to think about while watching (though there are a couple movies like that that I like :D ).

Edit: Also, this reminds me of why I'm so greatfull for the ignore list :D .

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    while i respect that you have an opinion, it is still just an opinion and not a fact. just cause you hated the movie doesnt mean that eeryone else did. i know it wasnt a great film, but lets face it, the special effects were the best in any movie ever created and its going to win awards. i enjoyed it. and enough othe people did to make the movie almost 700 million dollars...so i guesss your opinion doesnt really matter to anyone but you. so don't voice it, or at least not in such a hostile manner.

3. Mydlyfe

Mydlyfe Member

I don't post here often but reading what you posted made me want to. Your sig says original is the best...but lets face it, I wouldn't be responding to what you said if we stuck to the original. Everything gets updated and sometimes it won't stick with you, but to other people it was great. Software, video games, movies, and books are all like that.

I myself enjoyed the film, and I CANNOT WAIT for TRANSFORMERS 2. I never will say that movie was the best in the world every made but I will say if it was the last movie on earth I'd watch it all day looonnng.

and btw. I'm technically your brother if you go by the bible and adam and eve being the first people. What's to say Transformers aren't brothers sharing the same creator.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't normally bring up anything religious here, but, I agree with this. It could also have been dealing with the whole 2 leaders of Cybertron thing, where they at one point in time worked with each other instead of against each other (kind of like Pr. X and Magneto worked together, but eventually went their seperate ways).

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    does that mean im dating my sister?

lol

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm dating my sister. In the biblical way. We are brother and sister in Christ. Just not biological siblings.

7. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Well. I have to admit, I'm sorry you felt that way about the movie. I admit that it was VERY different from any other incarnation of Transformers up to this point. I myself wasn't sure it would be of a caliber worthy of my very particular transformers tastes. Still, I found it to be enjoyable as a stand-alone Transformers event, and it pleased me to see a fresh approach (however controversial in our eyes) to the franchise. They took a risk, and it was one which would most likely alientate some of the fan-base. Can't please all the people all of the time, after all. If I may, however, I'd like to pose a question in a most non-threatening manner. If you are one to write reviews, then you must understand that bias is one thing, and malicious deprecation is another. It's fine with me if you are unimpressed to the point where you would feel compelled to make these statements based on information regarding a proposed sequel to a film you disliked. It's fine if you feel you have to share your opinion. That is your right. What people don't like, is when someone with a strong opinion comes along and tries to force it on others in a hateful way. It isn't that the opinion is wrong, it's just not readily digested when it's so agressive. So here's the question: Do you feel that your love for transformers has waned at all because of this movie? does your passion for the collectible 'bots and all their legacy manifest itself with any less intensity because of a negative experience with a new-wave incarnation of your old favorite? If the answer is no, then please don't make us feel like our own passion is misplaced. If the answer is yes, then maybe you need to evaluate how you really feel about Transformers, because if one bit of dissatisfaction can put you off to the entire line, then I am unable to believe you're the dedicated purist you claim to be. Among all it's greatness, Transformers has been fraught with bad decisions and poor design choices and yet to some people those very things some of us hate are the cornerstones of their collections/fond memories. Please be true to yourself and your opinion. It's your right. Just try to be fair to others while doing it.
    -A.S.

p.s. I was sad when Jazz died. He's my fave character from G1. It seems like killing off characters suddenly is a thing they do in transformers though, or did you forget the senseless slaughtering of autobots and decepticons in the first 15 minutes of the movie from back in the 80's? Then again, you probably didn't like that movie either. Just my opinion.