Transformers #11 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Sep 14, 2010.

1. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's still against the ToS of the board you agreed to when you signed up here. Not to mention that you're talking about CI with several links in your sig that, I'm pretty sure, make it easy to identify you, based on your screen name, links to your band and your twitter.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to agree, this was easily the best ongoing issue yet. Granted, usually in these circumstances that doesn't mean much, but this really WAS quite an entertaining read. Great dialogue between those "left behind" at the beginning, and COSMOS HAS A BUBBLE OVER HIS HEAD like in Animated! Awwwesome. Now I want one. Nice idea on how to bypass any others "watching" the fight-- I don't now why they didn't do that in the first place.

My only real complaint is that the cover COMPLETELY ruined what would have been a really awesome "OMG PREDACONS!?!?" reveal on the last page. As it was, I saw it coming before I even turned the page.

Not LSotW or Reign of Starscream good, to be sure, but I think this is the first issue of the ongoing I would consider "-ation" series good.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    anyone in the UK found this? nowhere in london seems to have it...

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I overall enjoyed this issue, Costa continues to make me like Thundercracker, my least favorite of the seekers, and the Brawn scene was fun to read. It does feel a bit stretched out at points and the covers seems like they would be better suited to issue #12, but glad I picked this up. Cosmos was a nice surprise also, and I have a feeling that we'll be ssing Blast Off next issue, as his absence was the one thing irking me about this arc.

5. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I have to agree with everyone about the cover, why feature the Predacons when they weren't even the focus of the issue? Oh well, I'm liking this whole "incomplete combiner teams for hire" storyline and hope they continue putting off the return of Megatron and focus on more factions of Transformers dealing with life on Earth.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

is it just me or do the predacons look like they got a certain kind of zoidformer look going for them right now

speaking of which rampage looks like he could be a kind of zaber fang from the looks of it

he alos looks like he has a ninja look going for him as well

7. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Loved the art in this one. Come on IDW, keep this style going! Bumblebee looked great. Thundercracker was amazing. So why continue to put completely different (and in my opinion, meaningless) designs on the cover (especially Prime) than are inside the issue?

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

guidi's "ongoing" style in this issue looked awesome. feeling a bit mixed about the bumblebee/thundercracker conversation, but the brawn/silverstreak convo was hilarious. I also liked the action and the twist at the end with the preds working for China. great issue overall, but yes, IDW needs to stop spoiling things ahead of time (ahem ironhide's death and preds being the two most memorable/recent examples)

Edit: Looking again, I really like the art. The facial expressions, body language, and little moments between all the Transformers are either hilarious or aptly convey the emotion in the scene. TC's expressions are perfect, Red's "oh boy" expression on p 9 was lol-worthy, and prime's expression on 21 were all nicely drawn.

9. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I thought the exchange between Bumblebee and TC was a little cheesy. Figured it'd take a little more to convince TC to team up with the Autobots. I'm hoping TC gets further character development and doesn't just pull a Drift.

The scene with Brawn, Silverstreak and Red Alert was great. It's nice to see the Autobots interacting with each other without always dealing with serious, Earth-threatening issues.

The fight scene with the Combaticons was nice. The art was much stronger here than it has been in a lot of the series. Also like how confident Vortex and the other Combaticons are. Even going up against Optimus Prime, they don't flinch.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with the Predacons. Wish the reveal at the end wasn't spoiled by the cover.

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Finally got around to reading 10 and 11. I am enjoying the ongoing for mayb e the first time. The exchanges between TC and BB, and Brawn and Silverstreak were both enjoyable and natural.

But that last panel...noooooooooooooo. I love me some Preds, but not yet ANOTHER group working for ANOTHER country. I thought we were moving beyond that after this.

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But...but communist Predacons...

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    It is kinda hilarious, but we need to move somewhere else.

13. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

First off since BB & TC were my first two TF's (Waaaaaaayyyy back in '84) Not only to have them featured, but to have such a good interplay was better than chocolate!

TC always has been "on the bubble", all BB needed to do was remind him what a bunch of jerks he works with. (who hasn't had to deal with obnxious co-workers? For SEVEN MILLION YEARS!!!) Looks like they both do their fair share of watching TV.

Brawn, Blue (yes BLUE) streak and Red-Alert. Sure it was filler, but it was all in charcter (okay maybe someone spiked Red Alert's drink with prozak)

As for the Preds in China,,, I have to admit can you think of a better reason why they all have Beast forms all the sudden? And they're red. Wow. Very clever guys.

Probably the best issue yet.

14. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    The speech he gave Brawn and the Art made me fall in love with Bluestreak(In a Very Manly way). I really liked that "scene".

I chuckled at the "Communist" Predacons. But, really I'm kind of tired of the whole deal with Combiner teams working for countries. At least we've started to move away from the poor story & pacing of the earlier ongoing stuff.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You know, I thought Pennington (the blond guy Brawn and Bluestreak talk to) was Compologno (the OTHER blond guy with Spike and Joe), making me wonder how he got back to America so quickly.

16. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

OOH since the Preds are in China, I'll wonder if they'll fight using animal kung techniques. In any event, I hope the matchup between Prime and Rampage really happens in #12. Then Prime can take yet another face....sigh.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

A little eductation for you; some members here work very hard on these books and, like them or not, you can at least show them enough respect to keep your boasts of stealing their work to yourself in future.

18. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Something I've liked since the beginning of AHM and through the Ongoing is the development of the role of the Seekers - I found it especially poignant when BB referred to Thundercracker as the most dangerous Transformer on Earth. It really illustrated what it means to be a Seeker (not just a high ranking officer, but an immensely skilled warrior who can change the tide of a battle).

I'm not against various groups of Decepticons working for different governments but I don't like that is seems exclusively along combiner lines. For doing a fragmented and multi sub factioned Decepticon empire see War Within: Dark Ages, which was brilliant.

19. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Excellent art!
    It captured some of the campiness of the G1 cartoon. I always chuckle when the autobots are standing around in the arc watch "as the kitchen sinks" soaps. This had some of that in it.

20. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool issue if a bit talky. Liked the exchanges between bb n tc but the following scene was also a talky so felt a bit dialogue heavy. Cool to see the other bots tho and predacons allegiance to china made me lol

Predacons, combine to form predaking...in the name of the peoples republic of china!

Maybe australia gets abominus and the germans get computron, et cetera et cetera

And kudos to guidis homage to old school tf manga style.