Transformers #1 most anticipated summer movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shaun_C, May 26, 2007.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/popularity

Personally I'm surprised it's #1.. I figured it'd be anticipated, but #1 still surprises me. I figured it'd just be in the Top 5

But hey I guess the trailers and TV spots have impressed more then just the fandom :) 

And this is the summer of three-quels, and when's the last time a Live Action Transformers movie has been seen on screen. So far Transformers is the most original movie at the moment this summer

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I think seeing a "2" or "3" after a movie title automatically suggests some repetition (even if only subconciously) to a lot of people. They may have been looking forward to the latest instalmens of SPIDER-MAN or POTC, but at the end of the day the look and feel of these movies will not be 'new' to them.

TRANSFORMERS on the other hand is brand-spanking new, with an exciting and glossy trailer to back up the originality of the premise to boot. I'm glad it's hit the number one spot - I don't see how this movie can fail to be a 'hit' now; it's just a question of "how big"?

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    its something that's never been done before (done WELL anyways)

giant robots diriving, flying and running around blowing the crap out of everything, and it all looks completely real

my brother and his friend went and saw pirates 3 last night, and the transformers trailer was playing, both of them are very anxious to see this movie, and they dont like anything about transformers.

I have no doubt this is gonna be one of, if not, the biggest movie of the year.

fuck spiderman! fuck harry potter, fuck pirates! Transformers FTW!!!

4. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Honestly. Transformers is the only summer movie I'm really looking foward to, after the disappointment that was Spider-Man 3 I'm kinda meh on the situation.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hell Yeah,everyone Loves Transformers,next Weekend Mtv Awards And Transformers Is Nomanaited For Anticipated Movie This Summer!

Woo-hoo!

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Yay! Editing because a "one word comment" is lame. XD
    Indeed its good news, Tfs are still popular outside the fandom and thats good.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Bratz #15? WTF? Seriously? They made a movie about those F'N things? Ridiculous. And it's beating 28 Weeks Later. :lol 

Good to see interest is big in the film. Hope it lives up to the hype. Looking good to me so far.

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Impressive, seeing all of the movies that are behind it.

I like it when something I like is doing well.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Fuck the rest, Transformers is the best!

That's good news, no, huge news! This could make Transformers as well known as Starwars, only actually cool!

10. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i remember last year when superman returns was rated the number one anticipated movie of the summer, look how that turned out, and what big movies came out last year, POTC 2? barly any competion, but either way i think transformers is going to get it's money back no matter what, unless the movie just sucks and has a bad word of mouth, we'll see

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Let us have our moment, please;) !

12. ultra lynx

ultra lynx Active Member

if all us tfw members went to see it opening day it might boost it up to a new record at the box office at least blow spiderman 3 out of the water

13. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

lol i'm sorry, but i think transformers will do alot better than superman, atleast with this movie we're going to have robots punching other robots and not just throwing giant rocks into outspace lol either way, i think this movie will make alot of money

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Gonna take a lot more than 20,000 people to boost Transformers over Spiderman 3.

15. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How can anyone see the trailers and not be excited? All humans are born with the desire to see giant robots kicking the crap out of eachother!

16. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

*points to sig* :) 

17. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed.

After seeing Spiderman, I roughly knew what to expect out of the core cast in the 2nd and 3rd installment. Just as with POTC one would know what to expect out of the core cast for the 2nd and 3rd installment. And the same with Shrek

But Transformers is an unknown, other then the few clips seen in TV spots and judging from Yahoo's ranking the looking of the trailers. No one knows what to expect with Transformers' core cast other then seeing robots bashing and getting bashed around. So there's the curiosity factor that might work in it's favour as the new kid on the block

18. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

exactly right, i showed a mate of mine the lastest trailer today, he hasnt seen any of them, when i was watching it with him the hairs on my neck stood on end. ive seen it 20 times but when i realised what he was seeing it was mind blowing. this is going to be mental even if the story line was a little shallow (ihavent read it so i dont know, its just a comment) when people see the trailer they wont be able to not see it. my wife cant stand the cartoons but even when she saw it she said she would go!

19. starkiller80

starkiller80 I'm a Ghostbuster

I'm not surprized!!!:thumb 

Everyone I've so shown the trailer to (who are not necessarily TF fans) have to totally been blown away and were surprized at what a good movie it looks like.

20. thomas maximus

thomas maximus Well-Known Member

Great stuff transformers FTW!