Transformers’ Michael Bay and Mark Wahlberg: Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AzT, Sep 1, 2017.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    so... miley cyrus (who I don't much care for either) gives 500,000.

Billionaire Bay only gives 100,000? and I'm supposed to say way to go there bay. sorry, but NO.

Bay has millions. MILLIONS! You mean to tell me he's so greedy and terrified to break his bank that he can't just give 1 million?

All these celebs should give more since Trump and Cruz refuse to give much of anything. (apologies to any supporters) I'm just annoyed a bit I guess.

I haven't been keeping up much but which celeb has donated the most so far?

How much has Leo Dicaprio given?

My point is: Houston is in complete and utter ruin, businessess were obliterated, many died, families destroyed. Livelyhoods gone, thousands are now homeless. IT's gonna cost the city hell the State Billions to recover. it's gonna cost the citizens millions to even remotely get their lives back to where they once were, not to mention counseling services, doctors bills, etc. I mean shit! There's thousands who still haven't fully recovered from Hurricane Katrina and that wasn't even IN Texas.

Celebs need to dig deep. the United states need to dig deep. Rebuilding is going to take many years. and billions of dollars. period. chump change ain't gonna cut it.

I swear I'm not trying to kill the positivity here. Just being real.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but as I said, they're still helping people out at the end of the day, and if Michael Bay's "charitable" donation convinces one person to donate $1 to help those in need, that's $1 more which goes towards helping people who need it.

Basically, I'm just trying to look on the bright side of this. There is absolutely a valid, cynical angle to take with this story, but people are still getting help, so that's the good news to take away from this.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Imagine the people getting help from this donation reading these complaints.

Some like to present their donations publicly to inspire others to do the same.
    It helps the good deed spread around, like a beneficial trend.

• Like Like x 8
  4. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Please clarify.

It wasn't $100,000 but I still donated what I could afford.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I wanted to comment that this was nice, then people starting debating about its niceness and I just felt sad.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

They're sending so much help and support.Not to escalate politics,but yeah.
    I know...same here.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Me too

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    He's giving something. He doesn't have to donate anything and every dollar helps. He's not inclined to help and it's not your place to judge him for the amount he chooses to give. And he posted it to set an example and and hopes other can help too. That the point. It's called leading by example.

People like you are disgusting for expecting him to do more because he has more.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um kevin hart, the rock etc. have broadcasted that they donated $25,000 ea and so ur saying they suck??
    Go sit in the corner...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Not sure what this has got to do with the movies, but what's the problem? Bay donated a big sum, he's not responsible for Harvey, and it's not his fault his government suck.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soo... Just exactly how much do u make a year and how much have u donated?? Inquring minds would like to know since u felt the NEED to kill the POSITIVITY goin on with Bay donating $$$ when he didnt have too depsite him making millions more then us. Im Ashamed no wait APPALLED by ppl like u and others who feel that $100,000 isnt enough, well fuck if u feel that way maybe u and the others like u should donate ur weekly check (if u get one) cuz its gonna take billions to rebuild. Its like if i donated $10 and u donate $20 but i make more money then u so then am i in the wrong for only donating $10 cuz if it is well fuck me hard...
    Oh yea and go sit in the corner

• Like Like x 2
  12. Citricon

Citricon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He should have given them his check from TLK

• Like Like x 1
  13. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I feel the same way. Only this forum would people demonize Michael Bay for making a six figure donation to hurricane relief. Even the people who aren't openly bashing him still feel the need to throw out things like "He makes shit movies buuuuut...". Why? What's the point?

• Like Like x 8
  14. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who really knows how much Miley concert tickets go for My sister went to concert she had pay 80.00 go to concert go see movie is cheaper than concert anytime being surrounded by drunks bay donated more than me I'm not donating can't afford it I donate if it was possible for me but it is not

• Like Like x 1
  15. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    I was also surprised it wasn't something like $1 million but $100,000 is still $100,000 and will help a lot. IDK how much celebs like him could feasibly give considering they have other expenses we don't know about, but this still shows they care. Since the damage is going to be in the billions, I think we would all greatly appreciate it if Bay and others gave more and most importantly, those who were affected definitely will.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

bay has been around how long now? 20+ years? And all he does is keep his nose to the grindstone...good man, very kind gesture

• Like Like x 2
  17. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone donated six figures for disaster relief and you have to be an asshole because it wasn't seven. How much have you donated? Four figures? Three? I could say that you got the money for toys so why don't cancel some preorders and donate $100. If you're gonna shame someone for donating money why don't you put your money where your mouth is and dig deep.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am now FULLY convinced that people will go to inhuman lengths to shit on Bay. I'm sad now, why are people like this?

• Like Like x 11
  19. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

I'm a Bay hater but I didn't donate, which makes me and anyone else in the same boat look like a chump in light of this news.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome.