transformerland.com

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by brollicon, Jan 21, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

hello has anyone bought any toys from transformerland.com the reason i ask i have been trying the negotiate feature and no one email me back. is the site still active

2. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yeah i have tried that feature about 10 different times to no avail..guess the guy does not want business.......

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Used them for the first time a couple of months ago. Was a bit unsure due to the lack of pics of each actual item, but after a recommendation, gave them a try.

Items were exactly as described, and came quickly. I'd use them again.

I didn't try to negotiate though, prices for the stuff I was after were very fair.

Check out the similar threads at the bottom of the page for more info, or try a search.

4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I sent them an e-mail 3 days ago asking if there was a physical address they were located at,( the site says they are in Gainesville,FL and I live like 20 miles from there).
    I haven't gotten a response either.

5. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

best way to do the negotiate feature is to buy the item but use the pay later feature , then he will reply with accepting or make a counter offer

after which one a deal has been made he will send u a link with corret billing

hope this helps

zap

6. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Helps to build business with him too. I've spend a few thousand with him so he usually will negotiate with me. He does take time to respond, sometimes a week, so you have to be patient.

One thing you can be sure of, though, his descriptions are dead on. I only order stuff that's described as NEAR MINT - and they always are. I don't mind paying a higher price for the quality.

Good site, highly recommended if you have the patience.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Spot on. Their descriptions are usually very accurate, and the prices are good. The only real strike against them I find is the slow response time. If they were as quick as BBTS, I'd probably buy even more stuff from them.

I'm a fairly patient person usually, but sometimes it's a real drag to wait a while after spending a fair sum of money.

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    I still say it is piss poor practice to be running a web based business selling stuff and then folks try to do business with you and you just fail to respond...it appears that this is this guy's standard mode of operation since more than not there are notes about him not responding to messages...

9. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

He's responded to all of mine. Perhaps not the negotiation attempts but once I placed an order, I was able to negotiate down the shipping cost. I'm also a board member there and can vouch that he does update the store FREQUENTLY. Quite frankly people complain about him not responding to negotiation requests...is this really any worse than BBTS, which has no negotiation feature whatsoever?

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    you completely missed the point...the whole complaint is HIM NOT responding to the folks that want to use THAT feature THAT HE placed on the site...if he does not want to use it why have it on the site???

11. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

No. I did not.

Why respond to every single negotiation request, when you should readily acknowledge that 90% of the items will immediately have negotiation requests no matter the price.

Clearly, if you see grimlock's sword at the site for $10, and see a negotiation feature, are you going to buy it outright or take the time to submit an offer for $7?

How many other people are going to do the exact same thing, ad infinitum until 1 person comes along to just buy at $10, effectively ending the barrage?

Extrapolate that to hundreds of accessories for over 200 figures, and a constant flux of inventory. Do you have any idea how much time it would take for one person to respond to every single negotiation submission?

He's not obligated to use the feature. He put it there, true. He is not obligated to enter and conclude negotiations with every single submission that comes through. Should there be a better system of doing it? Yes. But the feature is there to be used to conduct business, and I suspect the majority of people just relentlessly negotiate for the sake of potentially paying a lower price.

Think about it from both sides.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If he's going to ignore a large percentage of potential business... isn't that bad business? Won't people just go elsewhere, maybe even paying more simply because they've found a seller who doesn't ignore them?

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Communication is the Key to any Good Buisness.

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Bingo...this guy is a A$$hat in my book...i have tried like i said earlier 10 different times to use that feature and have yet to get a response...WTF should i have to buy stuff to build a "history" with the guy? to get him to reply....that night the last time i was getting ready to spend about $250 on about 10 different things...tried to do the negotiate on 5 different ones...no answer, so a few days later went to BBTS and got what i was looking for....

that site will get nothing out of my wallet...i figure if you cannot bother to be depended on to communicate for that feature, what is going to happen when you need help with a actual order or something else.....

15. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yeah you did miss the point or chose to trivialize it ....look..if you want to sell anywhere..you have to be willing to talk to your customers..on here for instance the TFW2005 sales area...you will have folks ask questions or make a counter offer...that is called negotiate...if you want to just sit on your ass and do nothing and hope folks come and see your wares and buy them that is all good and fine...but if you actually take the time and effort to reply to messages and the like...you will make more business and sales...

and to answer your question....how long does it take to answer a email or a "negotiation" request...about 5 seconds...type type..click send...not that hard....

16. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Wow did the dude poke you with a stick or something your pretty angry :D 

Take a chill pill friend, there are plenty of great sites to shop at, it's not worth getting Angry and venting here, because most are just gonna disagree with you anyway *shrugs*

17. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:

You ain't seen angry :ev:  :bay  :rolleyes:  :duel  :bay 

just stating an opinion...and it does not look to me like the world is disagreeing with the notion that if you communicate with your customers that is usually the right thing

18. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Oh I'm not disagreeing lol communication is key when doing anything in life.

I'm just stating that for the most part complaining doesn't usually rectify a situation, shopping elsewhere usually does. in fact if nobody wants to communicate with me my attitude is pretty much "It's all good, I don't like you anyway, I hope you trip and fall while walking across the street and get ran over by a bus/semi/Train" :D  but then I chuckle to myself and move on with life. :) 

But yes no worries I understand where you are coming from I hate being ignored too when trying conduct myself in a professional business manner. buuut it happens, all we can do is move on and conduct our business elsewhere. ;) 

19. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Well put it another way, if the potential business is below your reservation price (as a seller), it's not really "potential" now is it? Whether he reads each offer or not, I have no idea. Logically it's in his best interest to read each offer. The point of contention now, is does he respond to each offer. He does not. If he doesn't respond, then we can assume it's because he doesn't want to sell for that low.

20. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

As I said, how many items get negotiation requests? Answering an email is easy when it's one. Invoking the sales area here...how many people have been bombarded by pm's in their sales threads....how long does it take for them to respond? Days...even a week or more. Many don't even respond to pm's offering x price for y product. The man is also operating an internet shop for transformers part time....by it's very nature you cannot equate the practices of one or several sales threads here on tfw with a transformers online shop...totally different structures of business. Who knows his reasons for negotiating on some and not answering others? Obviously, they're business related...at the least you can infer he's firm on the prices of several products.

Yet you are going to label him as an asshole or whatever, just because he doesn't answer your negotiation request? Do actual business with him first, then judge. So far it appears you've only tried to get multiple items for less than advertised price on each one, without formally completing any business. You then base your opinion on someone before you've even bought anything, almost as if you ordered from him, and he took your money and ran. That is why I'm purposely disagreeing with you.