Transformer Toy/ DVD sets

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Omegatron, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While cruisin' the toy aisle recently, I came across some nice G.I. Joe sets. I'm not a Joe collector, but I almost got these. You get two or three figures, plus a part to a build-an-accessory. I'm sure someone else will fill in the details. But, if Transformers got this treatment, what would you like to see? I think they could do a Bruticus re-release with the 3 G1 episodes featuring the big guy. Or, maybe do triple-changer re-releases with a suitable DVD. Each set would then come with pieces to build a Spacebridge, or the Ark, or Autobot Spike. Now that I think about it, Autobot Spike would be a decent build-a-figure. Any other thoughts on sets or build-a-figures?

Also- mods, as this is both DVD and toys, I thought this would be a good spot. If not, please move.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I can go for the build a whatever idea, but I wouldn't want to pay extra to get a DVD of episodes I already own.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    QFT. I don't give a rip about a TF DVD packaged with a toy unless it has content I haven't already seen or own.

They did do a build-a-character set with the BW 10th Anniversary figures for Transmutate, but the toy itself once assembled was disappointing.

If Hasbro offered other build-a-figure collections, I wouldn't mind seeing the Autobots disguised as Stunticons/Menasor from the G1 episode "Masquerade." Autobot Spike might not be too bad either. And definitely Predaking, which I want a US reissue release for anyway. I'm neutral on a B.O.T. build-a-fig since that was such a crappy episode.

And I hope Hasbro wouldn't go the route they did with the Joe sets and make one of the weapons to assemble. Most of those Megatron schemes were lame and proved a failure. We don't need toys that equaled EPIC FAIL.