Transformer theme music: Will the movie use it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Altercator, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Altercator

Altercator New Member

Will the new movie version use the original TF theme music? If so, what sort of variation

I'm hoping they'll bring in a famous band or artist to do the their own cover of the Transformers rock theme from the original animated feature, or have composers like Harry Gregson-Williams or other Bruckheimer alumnis to do the mightier, more operatic orchestral version of the TF theme.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can see a combination of the two for the entire music for the movie, but i'm not sure what the'll do for the main theme song in the movie. I'm definetly going to buy the soundtrack when it comesout shortly before the movie comes out.

3. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was kind of hoping that the soundtrack include a bonus disc with different bands performing the theme song in their own style. But I'm sure that's just a pipe dream.

4. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

I bet they'll use Gnarls Barkley's "Transformer" song somewhere in the movie or the soundtrack. It's just too easy... lol

As far as the theme song, who knows. If they do use it, I think that's some "cheese factor" added to the movie, and I don't know if they want to go there. Maybe just at the credits :) 

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can see some sort of remix occurring. Probably, if you've played the Armada game, something along the lines of the orchestral theme remix in that (it plays in the game right before you go to Cybertron). I'd be okay, actually, if the theme's use was curtailed just to the first few notes (the jingle "Transformers - Robots in Disguise") before the whole thing launches into a new arrangement that is similar in style but more grand and orchestral than anything that has gone before it.
    I know some people will mourn the loss of the original theme but its the kind of thing that would keep the nostalgia factor while also making it workable and more importantly good to listen to.

6. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Steve Jablonsky has already been signed to helm the score of the movie.

It remains to be seen if the movie will also include a rock soundtrack.

if it does, i think we need.... THE TOUCH.

7. Altercator

Altercator New Member

Not just the rock soundtrack. Will the orchestral score actually follow the melody of the TF "Robots in Disguise" jingle? Or use the jingle as a base for the score of which the composer can interpret upon? Or *gasp* make a whole new score for the movie?

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it would be criminal not to. the orcehestral version on the game disc was brilliant and climatic

9. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I feel so much nostalgia when i went to see Superman Returns and I listened to the classic Superman theme, to be honest I am praying for the classic them from the movie to be on this new film but I also understand that this may be almost impossible. Just hope this will be a nice remix, it would not be played by Britney Spears :horse: 

10. Altercator

Altercator New Member

Remember at the end of the Spider Man movie credits, the old Spider Man jingle was played? I'd like to see that. Maybe have Michael Buble do a swing version of the TF theme.

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

If previous comic book/TV show movies are any indication, I highly doubt the Transformers theme will make ANY appearance in the movie proper.

The Burton Batman movie didn't use the VERY popular Adam West theme. The Spiderman movie didn't use either of the two cartoons' very catchy theme songs. X-Men's cartoon theme is probably my favorite cartoon theme song ever, but even that wasn't in the movie.

Much in the same way that these mecha designers are making the TF's look so different, composers often just want to "do their thing." I HIGHLY doubt the TF theme will even be in the movie. We'd be lucky to get a few notes of it in the final showdown, or maybe it'll play in the final credits.

Yeah, I realize Superman Returns had the Superman theme, and I'm pretty sure the Simpsons movie will have the Simpsons theme, but those two movies took place in the SAME universe as the incarnation it is based on. (EG, Keaton's Batman movie didn't "take place" in the same Gotham as Adam West.)

12. Nemescream

Nemescream Member

I'd love to hear an orchestral version of the theme at least during the ending/credits. It'd be the perfect way to end the film and send the audience out on a high.

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Honestly I want to hear the original TV intro in the movie credits. You know, like in the Spiderman movie.

14. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I'm sure that the soundtrack CD will have the original themesong, original movie themesong, and a new version by some famous band. Like how the Spiderman movie soundtrack had both the original '60s song and a cover of it by Aerosmith.

15. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I really would like to hear the calssic theme at least on the credits, but considering music today, don't you think thre could be a reggaeton theme on the movie? I wiuld die if the movie theme is done like that.

:horse: 

16. Mogalike

Mogalike Active Member

It's so totally a lounge tune, isn't it.

I actually really like the Armada cartoon theme (not that you can hear it under the irritating narration), and hope for something similar to that.

In a perfect world, they'd get Jesper Kyd to do a whole techno-symphonic soundtrack with the Budapest Orchestra.