2D Artwork: Transformer storyboards. Hi from a Newbie

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Kevin164, May 31, 2008.

1. Kevin164

Kevin164 Rinky Dink Cartoonist

Hi, I am a student in conceptual design and story boarding. I put together an fanfic Aliens Vs. Transformer storyboard together just for the heck of it.
    Here's a link to the first couple of pages if you want to check it out.AVT:RESCUE.
    I'm sort in-between trying out different FTP sites, till I find the right one. Eventually I'll nail down a web site for my On-line portfolio, so I can store the entire story on the web.
    I've been lurking this site since early 2007, I have to admit I make TFW2005 an everyday stop, so it's a pleasure to join.

2. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    welcome to the boards, i like your work so far, it's nice to see someone working with a concept that's been thrown around far too often in theory and not enough in practise. Kudos to you and keep up the good work

3. Kevin164

Kevin164 Rinky Dink Cartoonist

Cheers to you, Sydney. I've added two new pages since this last post. For me it kind of feels like I am working on a storyboard for a Beastwars mini-episode.
    These are drawn really fast and I'm treating them like cell animation. I am building the backgrounds just using the line tool in photoshop first, then adding the character gestures with shading and color last.

The vehicle modes for these guys are also generated in photoshop, rather than hand drawing them, which is going to take a bit. I wouldn't mind playing with maya hopefully this fall, as well as a course in learning digital matte painting.