transformer seeking in japan

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xformermike, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

hey, I've got 13 minutes to write this so it may seem rushed short and to the point...

I'll be in osaka/kyoto area for the next 5 days and I'm wondering if there are any areas that u guys might know about where I can find some Transformers!?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

2. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

Especially older ones... but I doubt that is as likely as just retail stores and shit...

again, thanks !

3. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay.

Other miscellaneous websites like you see on here.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm bumping this over to Transformers Toy Discussion. I'm sure they'll be more than a few people there that can help you out.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

If you were in Tokyo, I would go to Akihabara. However, Osaka/Kyoto, I have no idea.

EDIT: I'm positive Osaka has an Akihabara equivalent, but for the life of me, I can't recall it.

6. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    ^ Den Den town. And you'd want to go the Herogangu...

write down the words "DEN DEN TOWN" and "HEROGANGU" on paper and show it to the locals. Osakans are known to be much friendlier than Tokyoites so they'll be very happy to help you get there.

Hereogagu's entire second floor is %50 Transformers, so you won't want to miss it!!

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone on the boards pointed me to Bic Camera, near the Kyoto Station. When I was there (a few months ago) TFs of particular interest that they had (i.e. can't be found at US retail) were MP Thundercracker and Encores Sky-linx and Omega Supreme (man, I wish I had another suitcase with me!). Trust me, that's the best place in Kyoto for TFs.

8. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Tell me about it! I'm bangin' my head not having near enough space for those big encores like Sky Linx and Omega. They're like the equivalent to $30-$40 USD over there. Metroplex was all I could squeeze in...

9. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

Bic Camera in Kyoto won't really be satisying to you--they'll have a few mass retail leftovers from the ROTF line, and will be largely picked clean. A better suggestion is to head over to Teramachi mall, which runs parallel to the Kawabata river. Everybody knows where this is, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. At the east end, next to a big Pachinko parlor, you'll find a small store called "Super Position". They have a weird selection of Transformers odds and ends for you to poke through, as well as tons of other weird stuff (several aisles of keitei baubles, some imported movie memorabilia, etc). Exiting there, turn to the right, cross Shijo Dori to the east, and keep walking to the east. At the end of the busy commercial district you'll find a huge "Super Kids Land" store on the left, with more ROTF/Alternity stuff on the 2nd floor, as well as a huge selection of other robot stuff (be sure to have a look at the mighty "Akuerion" figure in the glass case).

But as everybody says, the real "mecha mecca" is to be found in Osaka's Den-Den town, particularly Hero-Gangu. Please tell them that Max of shmax.com sent you. =)