Transformer reproduction (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jun 24, 2009.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In TF 1 we got the impression the only way to create TF life was the Allspark.

TF 2 we got some more and some implications.

*When Papa TF and Mama TF love each other... Jetfire flat out states he has parents. A mother and a father who was a wheel. An honorable wheel. Optimus Prime is a descendant of the Primes. Which could indicate TFs are born. This explains why there are female TFs.

*The Twins, Arcees and Decepticon clones - Mudflap and Skids are twins, all three bike fembots are called Arcee, multiple Constructicons,Grindor looking like Blackout, a Bonecrusher. Now this could indicate more than just a birthing process but a mass production system which involve cloning.

Finally

*Protoform hatchlings. The Nemesis has hundreds if not thousands of them but they are slowly dying.

Now if TFs has an alternate form of reproduction why need the Allspark? It all comes down to Energon. Energon that keeps TFs alive. I would liken Energon to human telemeres. As we age we have less telemeres. As we can see with Jetfire TFs can age without Energon.
    Without Energon Transformers can not maintain their population. Its a 0% population growth comparable to Japan.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon is not properly expained at all in the movie. I think they just threw in the word to make fans happy. The autobots and decepticons have been on earth for years with no direct contact with "energon" and they are still kicking.

I took Energon to represent the spark of life given off my the matrix and the allspark. That is why the hatchlings had to have the power from the matrix/allspark to stay alive.

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Hmm well I think engeron in the series is there blood. Like when jazz was kill by megs. Jazz had blue "stuff" dripping off his two corpse pieces. Same when blackout was killed. He was bleeding energon. and the megatron vs sam scene where sam thrusts the alspark into his chest. hes bleeding blue liquid. that is the energon. Also the alspark gave them life. They autobots want it to rebuild cybertron. and the decepticons want it to take over ther universe. So its not necisarily a means of life as it is a supreme power source.

4. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i always thought that the allspark was just a huge (almost) unlimited energon source

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In any case for Megatron to build an army he needs Energon. The two attempts for Energon failed. The Allspark destroyed, the Sun Harvester busted.

6. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See at first I thought that. But now im not sure. The only role we see it play in the film is its ability to grant life and "repair" it. Though this is also arguable. Frenzy re-gained his full body thanks to it. In the new film it just resurrects the dead still leaving them in a pretty damaged body. All they want the allspark for i guess is to create more transformers, fits in well with the hatchlings, and why need the allspark and such.