Customs: Transformer Repairs

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by beatrush, Jul 26, 2007.

1. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    Not sure if this is the right area but..........

A lady today passed me along a box of her sons old transformers. Alot of them have loose parts or limbs that fell off. I am gonna try and salvage them if I can.

My question is, what supplies would you recommend I pick up? any specific screws, pins, screwdirvers i need to know about?

thanks

2. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

super glue, fast dry nail polish, and alcohol to clean it up.
    then lastly, reprolabels.

(but if you don't want to replace the stickers then don't use the alcohol to clean)

3. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

super glue, fast dry nail polish, and alcohol to clean it up.
    then lastly, reprolabels.

(but if you don't want to replace the stickers then don't use the alcohol to clean)

4. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

What parts were there?
    got pics?

5. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

What parts were there?
    got pics?

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

You'll want a jewlers screwdriver set. Regular screwdrivers are too big to reach a lot of screws, and won't even fit into the slots of the smaller screws. Using the wrong size screwdriver is a good way to destroy the head of a screw.

I've got a set I picked up from Lowes that has four bits that store inside one handle. Each bit has a phillips head driver on one end, and a flat head on the other. It'a a lot nicer than always rumaging around for my old jewlers screwdrivers.

Superglue or plastic weld is going to be an absolute necessity, especially for repairing broken parts. If you're going to be repairing busted pegs, you'll want to get some brass rod to reinforce the pegs, a pin vise to drill holes for the brass rod, and some drill bits the same size as the rod.

Almost everything you'll need can be had at a hobby shop.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

You'll want a jewlers screwdriver set. Regular screwdrivers are too big to reach a lot of screws, and won't even fit into the slots of the smaller screws. Using the wrong size screwdriver is a good way to destroy the head of a screw.

I've got a set I picked up from Lowes that has four bits that store inside one handle. Each bit has a phillips head driver on one end, and a flat head on the other. It'a a lot nicer than always rumaging around for my old jewlers screwdrivers.

Superglue or plastic weld is going to be an absolute necessity, especially for repairing broken parts. If you're going to be repairing busted pegs, you'll want to get some brass rod to reinforce the pegs, a pin vise to drill holes for the brass rod, and some drill bits the same size as the rod.

Almost everything you'll need can be had at a hobby shop.