Transformer regrets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Weirdwolf, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP-03 Starscream. Bought this ugly color when I could of used the money towards G1 color Screamer and Skywarp. :banghead: 

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

E Jetfire. To this day, I have no idea, why I bought that toy.

Can't say I'm overly fond of U-Treadshot (Arm-Sideswipe repaint) but he came with Magnus. At least he's been usefull for kitbash bits on more than one occasion.

3. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Eh, most of the movie toys. Only exception are Leader Prime, RoboVision Prime, G1 Jazz & SS, Longarm, 08 BB and Booster Beak. The rest were all impulse buys I wish I hadn't made. So if there are any move toys you want, but can't find just PM me...they're all MISB/MOSC.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I REGRET NOTHING! Kidding...kidding! I kinda regret picking up Classics. They're well made but I'm kinda cheesed off by Hasbro's "start-stop" approach to it. Especially more so missing out on Thundercracker - IMO the 3 original seekers were the "bare" minimum that should have been released at retail level. Oh well, at least I can buy other toys then! :D 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I really Regret Arnmada Blurr.

6. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I regret buying Movie Starscream, Energon Bulkhead and Costco RID Prime and Magnus released under the Cybertron banner. I didn't really need them. I only got them to have RID prime displayed in all three modes. Lastly, Armada Sideways. The motorcycle figure itself. I adore his mini-cons though. It's pretty rare for me to buy something I really dislike but on the odd occasion a crappy one slips through.

7. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF Movie toys deluxe Brawl... I mean its so little compared to other deluxe when transformed into bot mode and those friggin shoulders wont stay up. WTF!

8. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Regret might be a little strong for me to say... but I was a little... let's say disappointed when I got Star Convoy. Especially when, if I had waited a few months, I could've got him a little cheaper. Oh well.

I bought some SWTF (Republic Gunship, I think) thinking that he'd be cool once I slapped a couple Decepticon stickers on him. Nope.

9. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Energon Perceptor. I rarely buy anything I don't like but since I liked the Armada version I thought I'd love the Energon one. Wrong.

10. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    So far, Movie Bonecrusher and Brawl
    too tiny

11. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I agree. Those were the most wretched minicons that I've ever bought.

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

WWI Titanium Prime
    Universe Whirl (though with a little kitbashing...)
    Protoform Starscream (that fucking bug head is mocking me)

I'm fine with everything else.

13. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I've regretted lots of TF which I then sold off. Notable standouts include:

BW2 Lio Convoy- I never liked Primal, but wanted a Maximal leader. Got the toy and hated it, TF'd it once, sold it off.

BW Neo Longrack- What a kibbletastic godawful mess. Big, ugly, and a pain to TF. Gone.

BW Inferno & B'Boom: Grabbed em together on clearance at KB on impulse, which taught me a lesson: things usually go on clearance for a reason. These weren't too bad but I didn't like the headsculpts, and they weren't cool enough to keep. Sold.

BW Sonar: Looked super cool on the back of the other guys cards, bought it and found a frustrating mess. Sold.

BW Night Glider: Not a terrible figure but doesn't look robotic at all, is poorly colored, and wears his whole beast mode on his back. Sold.

BW Nocturro: Horrible, completely non-robotic in both mode, awful springloaded gimmick. Total, utter failure. Sold.

Universe Depth Charge- Got him for free and gave him a whirl after liking his character in the show. Improved colors, but still an incredibly bad toy IMO. The huge packback was a dealbreaker. Gone.

RID Megatron- Looked imposing and cool in pics, a nice extension of TM2 Megs in my mind, and RID could do no wrong after too many years of animals. Opened him and decided I couldn't find one mode I liked enough to keep. Sold.

Armada Cyclonus- Picked him up on impulse. I've since learned to control such impulses. Truly horrible toy with more flaws then I care to count. Sold in a lot.

BM Ultra Jetstorm- I was so starved for a big jet I picked him up and never even opened him. He's still for sale MISB if anyone wants him. He goes well with the movie toys IMO.

BM Stryker and Triceradon: I was so thrilled for new Dinobots I snapped em up without a second thought....only to find that they absolutely, completely, utterly sucked beyond suck. Esp. the Stego. I think I gave them away.

BM Snarl: The colors and gimmick failed this guy for me.

BM Blackarachnia: I had no BA at the time, and this ugly thing with J. Lo's ass was no place to start. Gone. Still don't have a BA, might pick up the Animated one if its decent.

and last but not least:
    BM Thrust: I still get shivers thinking about this POS. I really don't know what I was thinking buying this one. Absolutely horrifying in every sense of the word. I count him as possibly one of the worst TFs ever. Oddly enough his drone kicks ass.

Thats about it for real regrets, after BM I was much less forgiving of Hasbro and after skipping Armada entirely, became much more selective in my purchases.

14. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

THANK YOU! I was wondering if mine was the only one with this problem.

On topic. Most of the armada line. Didn't care for them much, but at the time I was getting back into collecting again.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

...just an observation here

But is it me, or did anyone else notice that the line that was most popular with kids and ended up being one of the best selling TF lines as of late is also one of the least like lines among the fandom? >_>

I guess this goes to show how much more influence kids have over collectors....

16. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Any Universe figures minus the Micromasters.

17. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    - A MISB G1 Starscream at eBay for $400 in 1999. A year after, that piece of crap was re-issued.
    - A pack of EXTREMELY CRAPPY VHS tapes I've purchased from an asshat at Malasya (that horrendous StarTV dub) for $400 in 1999 as well, when it was IMPOSSIBLE to watch Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory with decent audio/video quality. I've also got another VHS set from an american for $180 and they were even worse. Some years later Takara/Pioneer released the DVD sets for all those series.

- Any KO that I've got just for finding them randomly whenever I go out

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Can't say I really REGRET anything, but I bought the "Armada" Dinobots on impulse. Still regret that. Armada Sideways is a big hunk of crap too. GI Joe Megatron and WW Optimus Titaniums. Terrible. There are probably more to this list I can;t really think of right now. Armada Hot Shot used to be at the top of this list but now that I think of him as being mentally handicapped, I like him more (end shameless plug).

19. jaypc

jaypc Liberty or Death

The Movie FAB Ironhide for my nephew. What a junk toy. The arms suck and pop off easily. The thing can't even aim straight. Bleh.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Most of the classics I bought, they were great toys, but in the end, once I realized I would never have a complete collection, I didn't want them any more.