transformer prime toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ssjkazer, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I was thinking about this and the only reasons i could come up with why they wouldn't release them now is

a.the movie toys
    b. lets them gets classics out of the way
    c. they need to build up a character roster
    which in turn would meen season 1 will probably get repeated at least 2 times before season 2 hits most parts of the world just like most cartoons

it will allow them to do a big release just like the movie toys get which means we could see 4 voyagers 8 deluxe's from the start there is also room for scouts which i hope that class does get used for some transformer eventually

my final thought is they are letting the show move forward so they can bring in some bigger characters much bigger then optimusprime or megatron in hopes of filling the leader or surpream slot with something besides them two

:D  tell me what do you think of my ramblings lol oh yeah 800th post woot

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I thought they son't release them now is because stores are bringing in movie toys for the upcoming film, and aren't focusing on the other lines as much. I guess they're selling the Prime toys in September when the movie craze is dying down.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While you have some good points, I think one of the main reasons they're waiting for an October release, is so that they'll have more time to design them, instead of rushing them to meet a sooner date. It also helps that the hype over DotM toys should die down by that point too.

I just hope that the Prime line takes over as the main line next year, instead of them putting out yet another mostly movie themed line (like HftD last year). Would love to see next year's Supreme/big-ticket item be TFP related.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Hasbro DID just come out and state that they had originally planned to release some Prime toys in the Generations assortment (from the looks of retailer listings and such, they would have hit in the summer).

I think there were several factors as to why they opted not to push a line out:
    1. That big live action movie was probably a BIG reason
    2. The strong ratings may have helped in pushing for a proper line rather than a few slipped into Generations
    3. By October, I'm certain season 1 will be hitting DVD, thus providing even greater exposure to the series (as well as riding the coattails of the live action film's DVD release as well)

But I'm doubtful Prime will get any real push for a toyline until after Christmas due to movie merchandise.

5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    What about x-mas, wouldn't stores want movie figures instead? The only way I think TFPrime toys would get released, is if they merge the movie toys and TF Prime Toys under on name.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Hasbro has already confirmed the Prime toyline as hitting in October with a wave of deluxes and the Entertainment Set 2 pack. It will probably be a repeat of the Classics situation where larger markets and collector stores will have the Prime toys by November, but most retailers won't put them out until the post Christmas reset

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Hasbro has said that the main line will hit in October, but the five deluxes we've seen will be released as a "precursor wave," So we may see some Prime toys by May or early summer. The fact that the toys shown at Toy Fair looked to be production samples is very encouraging.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As long as we get an awesome, accurate TF Prime Soundwave in the first few waves, then I can wait until the end of the year.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I demand a Supreme Soundwave with Face projection technology like the TRON figures that shows a troll face and plays "Never Gonna Give You Up."

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the moment we've only got enough for two waves of figures, so saving it to October gives the show more time to bring in new characters too, and Hasbro to develop larger scaled molds, especially for Stascream, Megatron, and Prime.

Then again, I won't be collecting TF:p rime toys so I won't be too bothered. Though i'll be buying Skyquake if he comes with that damned awesome minigun!

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They were initially planned that way, but they won't be released as such. They're still hitting retail in October.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Retailers can get easily confused, so if you had too many different products out at once you might end up too much of one product at some stores and not enough at others. Most of the big retailers wouldn't have the faintest clue that there is a difference between movie Starscream and Transformers Prime Starscream.

Do the big movie push in the summer because retailers are crazy about any kind of movie toys. Then as things kind of slow down from the summer movie toy pushes Transformers will have something new on the shelves while most toy lines are still just movie toy related.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The retail buyers may not really know the difference between ROTF/DOTM Starscream vs TFPrime Starscream, but Hasbro does and both will set up their purchasing/delivery systems so they have different upc numbers to identify those products. The limited descriptions may seem similar but the upc #'s will always be distinct which helps the retailers order them- whatever series they may be. Now the stock folks don't always seem to care which is which, as long as the pegs are full. ;) 

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I dont know.

But I would buy some voyager figs of Prime, Megs, Bulkhead and SS...

Skyquake would be amazing!

15. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    IIRC the main reason that we didn't get TFA toys until the show had been one for a while was because Hasbro was gearing up for ROTF. I'm sure its the same thing for Prime and DOTM.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Actually, it was because retailers wanted the line for the first movie to go on a bit longer than planned. That's why we got the Premium series.

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the correction. Now I know....and knowing is half the battle.