Transformer Prime RiD Cliffjumper fix

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I gotta say, this guy actually has some attributes that are better than the First Edition. From all the pictures, the fake chest was the biggest turn off for me. However, after having him and the FE in hand, the FE's chest just looks too big. Plus, this guy seems to be more fun to transform. It's not as much of a hassle getting the panels to line up in vehicle mode. Plus, the fact his actual car roof is red plastic and not painted plastic make him feel more durable and less likely to break while messing with him. I like him a lot, with the exception of the big ol' hole in his roof and quarter panel. I've done a render of a fix for the quarter panel, and was thinking of doing an XM Radio antenna to plug into the roof. Only problem is it'll be a bit too big to scale with the car. What do you guys think? Should I do it or is it better with the hole? Anyway, here is the quarter panel fix. I'll be uploading this to Shapeways after work tomorrow and do a test print to see how it fits. What do you think so far?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Ohh nice thinking ! :thumb 
    Its perfect for a petrol cap

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is a great discussion for the whole group to get ideas on some things that can be done. As such, it belongs in Creative General Discussion.

4. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Will it get moved back once I get the part in hand, painted, and put on?

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just make a new thread when you get the part finished and in hand :) 

6. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Just ordered the prints from Shapeways. The site said they'd ship by March 2nd. So looks like I'll be starting a new thread in a couple weeks.

Oh, I went ahead and designed a digital radio antenna for the roof. To cover a hole that big, it had to be larger than I wanted. I tried to keep it short so it doesn't stick up so high, but it's a bit odd shaped since it's so wide.

7. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    That's really clever. I've never got anything from Shapeways sop how's the quality?

8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Depends on the material you use. I bought the frosted ultra detail which gives the smoothest finish. I'll do what I can to clean it up more and cast them. If anyone is interested in a set, I'll sell resin casts. Shouldn't be too expensive. Probably less than I paid for the prints.