Transformer Prime Better than I thought it would be...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I started a thread like this a while ago when we first started seeing pictures of the toys online but that topic seems to have dropped off the face of the boards. I thought I would start it up again sense more toy images have surfaced sense then. Because the old topic is gone I'm also going to drop my opinion on toys we've already seen again.

Optimus Prime
    I had planed on getting the Deluxe but I've been hearing rumors that the first Deluxe mold and all the first wave first wave figures won't be released in the U.S. TJ Omega is appeartly trying to order them from Canada though I don't get why Hasbro would fail to release any figure in the U.S. unless it was illegal for safety reasons.

I don't really plan on getting the Voyager because it's too similar to the deluxe to justify the raised price just for size.

The Cyberverse Commander looks OK except for the translucent weapons. I don't know why but that just doesn't really seem to fit the toy line to me. This isn't Energon.

Powerizer version according to the Wiki does NOT have a fake windshield on his chest which is the only thing that really bothers me about the other molds so I may be getting that. Still has translucent weapons but they're not entirely translucent plastic so it looks a little better.

There's two other versions of him but have not seen them yet.

Arcee

I'm really impressed how good the Deluxe looks but any motorcycle that doesn't sacrifice one mode over the other is impressive. It's really hard to make a motorcycle look good as a robot or to make a robot that looks good as a motorcycle. One mode tends to look like crap.

Case in point the Cyberverse version. Motorcycle looks OK, robot looks like crap.

There's one other version but haven't seen it yet. Sense the other Deluxe might not be coming to the U.S. I hope it's good but I'm not really going to worry too much if I can't get an Arcee toy.

Bulkhead

The Voyager is part of the supposed canceled wave. I don't really like the fat Transformer design so I was going to skip on it anyway but just throwing that out there for anyone who wanted him.

The only other known version of Bulkhead that is coming out sucks at show accuracy.

Ratchet

There's two versions of him, I don't think either have been canceled but we've only seen images of one and it's not very good. Neither mode is show accurate.

Bumblebee

There's a few versions of this guy. Only 2 versions are shown on the wiki and one is legends size. The Deluxe version which I want is supposedly canceled in the U.S. The other Deluxe version which I have seen on YouTube does not look nearly as good as the first one. And this is a character that I really REALLY want, I've already got a place picked out to display him. Hopefully the one I saw on YouTube was mistransformed or something because I did not like that at all. If the mold was better I won't mind missing the first one. I only want one good Deluxe version of Prime Bumblebee.

Cliffjumper

First Addition Canceled Deluxe Cliffjumper. I like it but really not going to care if I can't get it.

Zombie Retool of the above mentioned toy looks like crap. Sorry but not a big fan of painted on battle damage. If it were actually molded that way then that would be awesome but just painting damage on does not work for me. The only good part of that mold is the broken horn on the head sculpt.

Cyberverse version, I should just say it's really difficult to impress me with the toys this size, they're legends figures. I rarely ever like them.

Revealer Deluxe mold, in terms of show accuracy this one is actually better than the mold you'd be missing out on. However I think the legs look kinda stumpy and I prefer the original.

Wheeljack

The Deluxe version thankfully not in the supposed canceled wave. The vehicle mode looks great but it seems like there's a fake windshield covered up by the real one in vehicle mode. In robot mode the real windshield hangs off his arms and they're huge so it seems like they'd take up less space on his arms if half of the windshield just stayed attached to the roof instead of using the fake windshield. Hasbro quit putting fake windshields on toys when the real one is already there.

Still have not seen the Star Hammer.

Megatron

I really want the original Deluxe mold and I really REALLY hope they don't cancel it and they're just rumors.

The Powerizer version has like a bright purple translucent plastic I guess to represent the Dark Energon in his body. I don't really like it. The only thing that really looks different mold wise is the cannon which is not at all show accurate like the original mold. I'll settle for this of if I have to, unless something better comes alone. I don't really like either design I just need a Prime Megatron to go on my self with my other Megatrons and Galvatrons.

Starscream

I'm just going to say nothing I've seen of this guy has impressed me, he's just way too damn skinny.

Soundwave

Despite also being a skinny robot in the show the deluxe toy manages to have more bulk than Starscream which actually to me helps the design. He reminds me a little too much of a movie figure though. Of course his head is shaped like a Decepticon insignia. I may end up getting this guy if I see him even though I have mixed feelings about the design.

Vehicon or Eradicon

I love their designs. The first one may or may not be coming out in the U.S. but I'll be looking for it online if I have to.

The legends version I don't care about, again, not a big fan of that size class.

The second Deluxe version I've only seen the robot mode not the vehicle but it looks better than the original. That being said just because I freaking love the design I'll be getting BOTH versions.

I'm also still hoping for toys of the flying Vehicons and even the Minors. Because it's an army builder it's the one toy that I won't be looking for the best version of the mold, I'll just be getting every version of the mold.

Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Eradicons are the only ones I'll really be actively looking for. Most of the others that I like I'll buy if I see them but I won't miss if I can't get them. Ones I haven't mentioned I haven't even seen pictures of yet. I think Starscream's really the only one I've seen that I hate every version of him. It's the skinny robot mode, I can't stand it. I can't take him seriously as a villain when I feel like I could snap his limbs off and I don't wanna toy that's so thin I really could snap his limbs off. He's just too damn fragile looking. He needs to stand in front of a giant fun house mirror that makes you look short and fat and that would actually make him look normal because he already looks as if he's a tall and skinny fun house mirror image. Can someone please take one of Starscream's toys into a fun house, find the short and fat mirror and take a picture of Starscream in the mirror for me? I really want to see that now. Maybe I can do it with Photoshop. lol

2. SaberPrime

Just saw Knockout and his toy kicked screen accuracy in the face and threw it out the window. I don't really like his animation model but the toy is even worse. No pictures of vehicle mode, just robot. Also he's holding what looks like some kind of trident or given that he's red, a pitch fork so Knock Out looks like a devil... a devil with lop sided boobs. Not even kidding, the head lights from his vehicle mode stick out so far away from his chest and the general shape of them makes it looks like he has breasts. I hope that is mistransformed because that does not look right in more ways than one.

3. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up wheeljack and cliffjumper (not FE) and I was impressed with both. yeah...the FE cliffjumper looked better...but this one is pretty decent...I pretty happy with both. I saw Prime RID Bumblebee on the pegs but I didn't pick him up...I already have the FE version. It didn't look too bad

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bulkhead is seriousily one of the best engineered toys ever.

Eric Sienbaler please come back to Transformers.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It's actually his shock prod he used in the first episode he appeared in.

Breasts don't look like that.

6. SaberPrime

So, I've just seen Ratchet for the first time in a non legends scale and it looks pretty damn good.

I've also seen what appears to be a "Skyquake" mold in the wrong colors. In terms of show accuracy you can skip it but it actually wouldn't look that bad as a G1 Representation of him. The mold kinda reminds me of some of the G2 Jet toys. The toy is actually for Dreadwing and ironically we haven't seen Skyquake's toy and Dreadwing hasn't actually appeared in the show yet if he is going to appear at all.

I've also seen new pictures of two new Bumblebee molds. Revealer who kinda looks more gold than yellow. It's a similar mold to the First Addition version which is coming out just later than originally planned, except that this version has two weapons, they can combine into his vehicle mode, and there's a weird panel or something that sticks out behind Bumblebee's head. It's not horrible but I don't like it. And then there's the Weaponizer Bumblebee... Why the hell... does a car... need EIGHT freaking wheels? I'm not sure how this looks in vehicle mode but in robot mode he's got the usual wheels in his feet and his shoulders. Then he's got another set of wheels in his forearms and another set actually still inside where his shoulders would pop out from. What the hell? This one is freaking horrible.

There's a new image of Powerizer Bulkhead... be glad the first addition is coming out, this one isn't show accurate either. First Addition seems to be the only consistently good toys for show accuracy.

Revealer Arcee looks good... if you take her weapon away. Her weapon is about as big as she is and it looks like it would be more suited for Optimus Prime to carry.

Oh and I've seen the Star Hammer play set which if you paint blue could also double as Deph Charge's ship from Beast Wars. Kitbash?

New pictures of Cyberverse Commander Starscream and Powerizer Starscream who well both look like they can't hold up their arms because their weapons are freaking huge.

Also seen a Legends Breakdown who for such a small size actually is a pretty good representation of him. That means a lot coming from me because I freaking hate this size class.