Transformer Prime AM Jet Vehicon Pic Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Acteon, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Hi guys,

I've not posted a pic review before, but I'm on holiday in Japan and picked this guy up (along with Knock Out) at Yodabashi for 1600Y (around £12) and thought I'd share.

[​IMG]
    Jet Vehicon comes packaged in his car mode. It's not very detailed, though the stickers do make for some nice touches; in vehicle mode it's mostly 2 gunmetal-grey areas that really make the wings and front corners look a lot better. Stickers on the wings go on the top AND bottom so that you can se the detail in the robot mode. Lovely touch.

The shape is fine, but it's less a "jet" and more a flying car.

[​IMG]
    Vehicle mode from the back. Not awe-inspiring.

[​IMG]
    I don't own the original Vehicon figure, but I can't imagine it's a great deal different from this fella, save the wings. He has a nifty profile.

The stickers are applied to his ankles, waist and chest. Oddly enough, most of the stickers are for his gun (more on this shortly).

[​IMG]
    Vehicon from the side, with his very beefy gun. You have to construct this from pieces supplied with the vehicle, and I had a lot of fun making it. It has a lot of stickers covering the barrel, triangular nozzle, and weird top-bit-that-moves (I suppose it's the stock?)

[​IMG]
    And here's the gun in close up - very beefy, you can fiddle around with the plastic bits to your taste (or leave them off entirely, but as I don't want to lose the bits, it stays beefy for now). This is my preferred configuration, though the top folds back for more length if you prefer, and the jagged bits at the side will fold to sit flush with the top/bottom of the gun (see previous picture)

So pointless but fun. It will combine with other weapons from other toys to make a hammer. Presumably so he hang pictures around the Nemesis for his boss.

[​IMG]
    He will do this. I don't know why this is important, but I've seen it in other reviews and assume it matters :) 

So overall, a great figure, with some nice paint apps to the chest. I love the clear window area, and he has light-piping (though it isn't that good to be honest) in his eyes.

Build quality is a bit ropey - the ball joint on his right hip/leg was incredibly stiff and his leg keeps falling off. I've loosened the joint a bit and at least it'll move on the figure now, but he still loses it whenever he can.

His arms are a bit of a nightmare as well, the joints are counter-intuitive and wing-kibble blocks the shoulders from full rotation, but you can get a decent pose out of him nonetheless.

I like the figure enough to track down the car Vehicon now - Jet Vehicon is only my third TF Prime figure after the Hasbro version of Arcee & Wheeljack, but he's a worthy addition.

Fans of Prime toys should enjoy this - He's mean, moody and for some reason I really like his legs. Well worth picking up if you can get one.

Oh, and please forgive the less than stellar photos, I'm using my iPhone on a table in a friend's spare room, not exactly studio conditions!

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
  3. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Ah, sorry - I did search the feedback forum and it came up with a video review only.

Maybe the mods can just delete this thread then.