Transformer origins?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by stufa1978, Sep 9, 2011.

1. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

Ok stories of their origins have been done before.
    But I'd like to see this or another saga delve into where the actual TFers came from.

If this TFPrime saga were to do it. I'd like to see it more believable this time. Not QUINTASSONs making them, not PRIMUS doing a robotic version of 'genisis'.

Nah, let's have some fun.
    What story would you have to explain the origins of the transformers?

Here's mine.

The transformers were created by a human or human like creature. They made the 'all-spark' to contain the 'souls' if you will, of their dying world.
    Dying because they over farmed the planet's resources.
    A bit like us really.

The all-spark didn't quite work right though. So the life injected into the robots had no idea of their past. But carried the ancestors emotions and instincts.

They would eventually realise they could attach vehicle modes to them rather than constantly creating separate chariots.
    And would find it pleasurable impressing each other with more complicated transformations.

I thought of all sorts of ideas that would introduce how UNICRON came to be.
    How the war really started....again.
    How OPTIMUS and MEGS fought as allies at the start.

I, like many TF fans have comprised all sorts of ideas which I'd love to see come to life.
    I had hoped the BAY movies would tackle this subject. But instead made a mess of it.
    Maybe this TFPrime saga will be the closest thing to seeing my ideal TF world come to life?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So you're implying that the TFs were, in a way, once human or close to human? If so, I must say I'm not too enthused.

I'd like to see the old 'technogenesis' theory given an on-screen depiction. The notion that the TFs evolved from 'naturally occurring cogs, pulleys and levers'.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's based on the new Hasbro bible. It'll be Primus related. We can be sure of that much.

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Here is my personal origin for TFs.

At one time, Cybertron was very much like Earth. In fact, humans lived here before Earth. They created mechs to pilot, with the main credit going to Primus Inc, led by John Primus. There were two main classes, one for domestic purposes like transportation and labor, and then the military line. There were many factories across the globe, typically furnished with the also AI driven QLS (Quintesson Labor Systems) to handle the quick construction.

This concept was very popular, and quickly spread as more developed countries sold product to lesser countries. It became as normal as we think of standard cars/planes.

Then, one day, as technology seems destined to do, the mechs gained AI. Then, it started. Worldwide. The wars. At first, the TFs were not very aware just having gained sentience, so it was just brutal killing to eliminate the humans because they were imperfect and dangerous to the cold AI viewpoint. Eventually, the situation became so bleak, so hopeless, that all that anyone could think of was to activate the PRIMUS PROTOCOL and abandon the planet, taking the survivors to the nearest habitable planet, what we now know as Earth.

The Primus Protocol was based on the concept of taking the AI outbreak and sending it into hyper-overdrive, consuming so many robots, using so many resources that the entire biosphere would just burn itself out and shut down. What was unexpected, however, was that it would go into such an overdrive that it would eventually consume the entire planet itself, eventually becoming the hulking metal planet we know as Cybertron, and as planned, burning itself out and going into stasis along with the robotic "life" that had overtaken it.

Thousands of years pass. Something. Something happens. No one knows what, exactly. Was it a meteor? A natural disaster? Simply life, fighting back and overcoming all odds? Whatever it was, one random day, one of the mech factories restarted, and in a cold, grinding, painful manner, using the very last of the Energon it had, produced 12 Production Models. The text over the machine was damaged and scratched, and only the letters Pr i M e were left, so these new beings deemed themselves Prime, and were the new harbingers and guardians of life on this planet. Eventually, the beings took their factory designations and became Autobots or Decepticons and the rest....well....

I love this theory so much for various reasons. It explains why the TFs look like humans, with features like 5 fingers. It explains why they turned into vehicles, many with cockpit areas, before Earth. It allows for vague mysticism with the 12 Primes not knowing why they existed. It allows for the Quintessons without them being the only true origin. It explains why crap keeps happening on Earth to a degree. I also like that by TFs coming to Earth, it was man's greatest failure following it here.

This is my definite, personal TF origin. It could even be said that this cycle happened once before, creating Unicron, and humans had fled to Cybertron from there if you are inclined. I like the idea that the cycle will always be organic life, creates tech, gains sentience, rebels. The new Battlestar Galactica touched on this, that humans will always end up doing this wherever they go.

5. stufa1978

I can understand your point Nachtsider.
    But to me and others like minded, this path of evolution could provide some interesting stories.
    Still each to their own. Thanx for the comment.

Shroobmaster,
    I know that Primus has already featured in a sense in this saga. And after all he has so much of a fan base it'd be foolish not too.
    Everyone has their ideals of how they'd like to see TFs.
    Perhaps to save both the likes of you and me being disappointed, I'd imagine Primus being little more than a myth or almost a TF religion.

6. stufa1978

Sorry, double post.

I do like that one Sentinel. I was beginning to think I was the only one who wanted to see a more believable origin for our favourite franchise.

I also had Unicron start out as a kind of Cybertronian explorer. Waking from stasis everytime he encountered planet with life.
    Unfortunately he encountered so many civilised planets with something in common. Most believed in some sort of supreme entity creating them.
    Unicron wondered if such a being could exist. Could he find it?
    Could he be one?
    And then come up with a theory....

The only one could control all is to be all.

He then starts scoffing ore rocks, boulders, hills, mountains, islands until blah blah...

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Wait human like aliens built the allspark to hold their souls because their world was in trouble then they became robots? Sorry but Challenge of the Gobots beat you to it. BTW Challenge of the Gobots was the TV series not the movie. I know quite a bit about the Gobots dispite them dying out way before my time.

8. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I like the idea of TFs being built by humans or human-like aliens. It just makes more sense to me than the other origin stories.

I never really liked the idea of the Quintessons building TFs, because why the hell would a Quint build a humanoid robot? They'd either build a robot that looked like a Quint or they'd build one that had a more functional and practical structure (not humanoid).

I also never really liked the idea of Primus creating the TFs because, well, who the hell created Primus? Okay, let me elaborate: Primus can create TFs, and maybe he created the Original 13. It's an interesting story, and I kind of like when it's used, but I don't think it goes far enough. A big metal planet/robot thing floating through space-- someone or something had to create it, and I'd like to know what. (Sure, some of you might say, "Well, Primus is a god. End of story." But I personally think it's a cop out. ;) )

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I like Primus creating them the most because it adds more symbolism to the story of good vs evil. I even came up with the idea that at that end of the show that Optimus hands over leadership to Arcee or Hot Rod before he sacrifices himself to resurrect Primus to fight unicron.

10. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I personally like the concept of organic evolution that had a helping hand;augmenting to a point were they seize to be organic and gradually became autonomous mechanical organisms. Heck, to some extent, we (humans) are on the very early stages of a similar path.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

This TFWiki article has stuff on Unicron and Primus' origins. Primus - Transformers Wiki

12. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

There are beings who have no concept of time. Time doesn't exist for them like it does for us. The past, present, and future are the same to them and there is no arrow of time in their reality and no cause/effect relationships. They come into our time and find children and adults who are about to die and take them and turn them into pure energy. That energy becomes a spark which they then take to the distant past on Cybertron and insert into a developing Transformer. So in essence, all Transformers' sparks were once human. So were their bodies. The beings that created them found a primitive race of hominids on planet Earth millions of years ago. They then genetically altered them turning them into modern humans by injecting their own DNA into them. Over time, they modified the humans creating huge giant ones with massive strength and mental abilities. They became the Giants and Greek gods spoken of in the Bible and other religious books. Then they went one step further and turned them into cyborgs. Then they went another step further and turned them into the ancestors of all Transformers by replacing all their organic parts with non-organic parts. That's why Transformers look like us and think like us. Because long ago, THEY WERE US! And their sparks were once human beings who were turned into pure energy by reality defying quantum beings.

But their sparks were not just put inside Transformers bodies. Since a spark exists on many different levels and many different dimensions, at the same time to the quantum beings, they merged all the sparks together in an experiment and CREATED PRIMUS or THE ALLSPARK!

13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    The Transformers were made by an intergalactic toy company in a world inhabited by giant fleshlings! The toys got pissed off with their quality control and articulation being constantly criticised, shit distribution, being kept imprisoned MISB, and even worse, being broken and dribbled on by inept fleshbag larvae! So, they rose up and garrotted their masters with extra long twisty ties!

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guess i'm the minority that likes Primus then?

15. meirelle

Oh, yes, The One. Nobody really knows much about The One, though. What, exactly, is it? Exploring this would be epic.

16. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Primus FTW! Your organic origins theories are all silly.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

17. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    Okay here is my 2cents for today. What if they reproduce like us humans?

18. stufa1978

Well, why would a robot need a female form?

Anyway, here's a shocker. It looks like someone did have an idea much like mine and took it much further.

I found a PC browser type RPG game. CITY OF TRANSFORMERS. It seems to be an unofficial pseudo transformers beginnings game.
    From what I can gather...

You got an organic world, more advanced than us of course. They're at war with some mechanoid army created by a QUINTASSONS.
    Like I say it is unofficial and the game might not be everyone's bag.

But...

19. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    I'm going for the Primus thing or the Original 13 Transformers decided "Hey lets have lots of decendants!" And start reproducing. *Shrugs Shouldders*

20. meirelle

Link? I'm curious, as I've never heard about this before.