transformer origins?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by roaddemon2001, Jul 13, 2011.

1. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

I've got a thought that has been rolling in my head for years. if primus made bots and cons, why do they have cockpits from episode one of cartoons? On cybertron even bumblebee has a driver's seat. I'm thinking more on the lines of terminator wins the war kinda stuff. Maybe its just something that primus never thought to do away with, after he destroyed their human/ alien counter parts? just a thought....

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I've always assumed that it had to do with keeping the characters recognizable (what with the fact that many of these scenes are flashbacks & stories anyway where us as the viewer would naturally think of the characters as we know them), as well as for reasons involving not needing to draw up new bodies for all of em when it came to the time travel crap & whatnot.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Their origin depends on which continuity you're in, and in some your question has easier answers than others.

For example, in Armada it would make sense to have cockpits in order to transport minicons, and in the G1 cartoon universe it's possible the cockpits were designed to aid whatever species were purchasing the cybertronians.

The real answer? Because the original toys HAD drivers, and came from the DIACLONE line, where they were more like robots that could be piloted, rather than sentient lifeforms.

4. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

Yeah, i know all about the toy line. I was talking about G1 story line. I don't ever remember hearing about bot slave vessels or anything. They just have a driver's seats.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's also mass-shifting in the G1 cartoon, and transformers have ridden in other transformers, so maybe that's why?

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The most unusual cockpits? The ones in the original Dinobots and Insecticons. I'd like to think that after Primus created the Transformers, they lived in peace with the Humanoid Diaclone. The Quintessons murdred the Diaclones and enslaved the Transformers as products and lied to them about their origin. It's why Autobots are fond of Humans as we remind them of their relationship with the peaceful Diaclone.