Transformer loses KCA

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by alecgates15, Mar 30, 2008.

1. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Transformers lost the Kids Choice Awards to, of all movies, Alvin and the Chipmunks. Guess it wasn't as unanimous as some of us thought

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I know some girls that are over the age of 18 that LOVED that movie with a passion. I mean, to the point that April 1st is THE DAY THAT THEY HAVE WAITED FOR ALL THEIR LIVES. It's frightening.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, I'm sure the mountains of money the TF movie made will offset any disappointment over not winning this particular award. :) 

4. alecgates15

News Credits:
    Yeah Kickback that's when you know you have a problem. butz I know, I just figured it would be a win barely over POTC 3 but both of those lost.

5. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

kids have no taste now a days (but it's not their fault). Too many single mothers and too many mama's boys with the hippie lifestlye. No playing w/ gun toys, no watching wrestling or violent movies. (rambo & terminator were my favorite movies as a kid along w/ watching wrestling tapes).

(and I never killed anyone or commited a crime, I am a production supervisor with a successful manufacturing company)

If the 86' TF movie came out today mom's would be outside theatres protesting it. We are raising a generation of pussies. (just like the crab people want).

If Fathers (like me) would take some responsibility w/ their sons and spend some time w/ them (which I do). we wouldn't have to blame violent TV for problems. Did Hitler have Friday th 13th? exactly.

If you want things to improve and go back to the old days of great toys and movies (Megatron as a gun for ex.) Men need to be fathers to their kids.

My favorite toy as a kid was an AK-47 (realistic looking) that made real gun sounds. along with transformers

I Know this is real off topic, but it got me on a rant. (kids favorite movie, it would have been something with a huge bodycount back in my day).

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Cue people bashing the next generation!

I voted for TF...twice!
    DN

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    ...Alvin and the Chipmunks?

I could see the others getting a nod, but THAT ONE???

Huh. Kids these days.

(Shakes fist)

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    - or ANY particular award, for that matter.

9. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    It's less a matter of quality and more how many rabid girls and boys voted.

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    you see....transformers would've won is someone PUT THE VOTE THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!!!!!!!!

alvin and the chipmunks was funny...but transformers just kicked major ass

11. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm as surprised as you are. I didn't enjoy the chipmunks movie, it was just... lame.

How the chipmunks could beat the giant robots?

Two things to hate now, polar bears and chipmunks.

12. alecgates15

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Ironhide's response would be exactly the same for Mojo. I still find it weird they called it "The Transformers"

13. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, unlike all the people on this very site who felt that July 3, 2007 was the day they waited their whole lives for.

14. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    You know, at PG-13, it's not really a kids movie as much as, say Alvin and the chipmunks...

15. alecgates15

News Credits:
    Touche

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard that when they started releasing DVDs of the old Sesame Street (Pre-evil red thing Elmo, as in 1969 and all the 70s) the DVDs were edited to take out things that were "threatening" to children. but then again, back in the late 60s, as long as you didn't live near the Manson compound, you could walk to school, the park, the bus stop, etc with your neighbor.
    that's what i can't stand- taking out what was a part of my childhood so that mentally sterilized kids won't see the wrong things.
    or hollywood telling filmmakers not to let characters smoke on screen. what the hell? You mean to tell me that mobsters didn't smoke or curse or even kill now, right?

i sound like an old fart, but i think the only thing more kid friendly from my day was wrestling- i have seen more carnage in one WWE pay per view than in 10 years of local and WWF wrestling back in the day.

and TFs losing to Alvin and the Chipmunks is sad, but i consider the environment, the parents and the idea of trusting kids that watch Kim Possible vote as all being harmful.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  17. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

From what I heard, the "classic" Sesame Street DVDs are not censored, but do contain a warning that they're "not for children".

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Michael Bay does seem to have problems when going up against movies with animals in them. :p 

19. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

The movie wasn't good IMHO, but I still think that G! has that special something (flaws and all). Hollywood, michael bay, and CGI doesn't beat.... a handful of Marvel Comics writers, good designs, and japanese animation.

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Marvel comics writers, at least the ones involved with Marvel's G1 comic book (such as Bob Budiansky and Simon Furman), didn't have anything to do with the G1 cartoon to my knowledge. Most of the writers on the cartoon also wrote other cartoon and television shows of the era.

Also, G1's animation was quite average by the standards of television animation of time. David Wise, perhaps the most prolific writer of the G1 cartoon (though he is better known as the headwriter of the original TMNT cartoon), said he was quite dissapointed with the animation.

'Good designs' is highly subjective.