Transformer injuries

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by EightiesKid, Dec 24, 2011.

1. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I finally opened up my Hybrid Convoy THS-02 the other night and was fiddling with it when I suffered a horrific injury. I had trouble trying to insert the display pole into the display base, so I went with brute force and pushed really hard, the two pieces slipped and I tore my thumbnail down the middle to about halfway down the nail. Once I realized what had happened I just sat there stupefied at how this injury had occurred.

I'm a pretty klutzy guy and have suffered all manner of bizarre injuries over the years, but I REALLY wasn't sure how I'd explain this one to my wife. "Uhh honey, last night I was playing with my transformers and the transformers won ? . . " Needless to say, yeah, she laughed at me when she heard about it.

Has anyone else hurt themselves when fiddling with TF toys or am I the only dunce?

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I had my thumb pinched by Cybertron Metroplex the first time I transformed it. Other wise nothing too bad. Though there was that one time I sliced my finger open when I was modding Classics Ratchet to not suck at being a toy.

3. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While getting the Lynx head out of G1 Sky Lynx (the blue body piece), I pinched my index finger from my right hand and it hurt like hell.

I also recall folding up some planet pieces on Cybertron supreme Primus to form heel spurs and one of the folding pieces made a cut on my index finger from my right hand.

4. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

Got piched like shit, transforming my Energon Demolisher

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'm pretty lucky, not that accident prone (touch wood) or clumsy, but every time I custom I open myself up to abuse from the soldering iron.

6. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

My fingertips have ached after fiddling with a lot of them for a long time, or dealing with some particularly tight joints, that sort of thing, but nothing like what you describe.

"Uhh honey, last night I was playing with my transformers and the transformers won." That's priceless. But I shouldn't have to remind you . . .

Megatron Must Be Stopped.. No Matter The Cost! - YouTube

7. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

While customizing with a knife the knife finally cut through Jazz's horn thingy and became embedded in my thumb... That was fun explaining to my wife.

8. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

While cutting a part with an exacto knife,I cut the tip of my thumb off.
    I got blood all over that part. :eek: 

9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    RTS Jazz gave my thumb a blood blister.

I don't even know how.

10. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    while i was trying to pop an awkward angled pin i managed to hammer my pin punch into the side of my thumb. i had to brace the pin punch with my fingers because i couldnt get the piece into my vise and get a clear angle on it at the same time. so anyway i had my fingers holding the punch steady and i hit it. the pin punch was embedded about 3/4 of an inch deep in my thumb and about 2 inches down my thumb. when i lifted my hand up the pin punch was standing upright in my thumb.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Optimal Optimus shot me in both eyeballs at the same time when I was transforming him - so that was not a pleasant experience.

His missiles have not been put back in the toy since - I think I'll be needing my eyeballs after all.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I've pinched my fingers to hell and back. Other than that, I'd been pretty lucky.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Light pinches, scratches, and the rare drop onto the head is the worst I've gotten.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think we've all shot ourselves in the face or eye with a missile. At least we didn't end up like that kid who choked to death on a battlestar galactica missile way back in the day.